What I think...as of today...for now...

RSoxNo1

I think we can safely drop the word "Coaster" from the attraction name. It is a Mine Car Ride. I also don't think this is in the same way some people say Big Thunder Mountain is a Railroad and not a Coaster. It sounds like the focus of this will be on show scenes and not the thrills.

huntzilla

Somewhat, but it's not something I feel comfortable sharing. He obviously didn't want his true identity made public, and giving out detalis about his work might have that result.

Understood, I hope I didn't come off sounding nosey, I simply had no idea he was this high in the company.

Well Corrus was perhaps the highest ranked insider ever to be found on a Disney forum. You don't get much more inside than he was.

Shame that people make judgements about people without having anywhere near a fragment of a fact.

WOW! That is a stunning statement to me seeing as Mr. Sotto is a frequent poster on here. Now I really hope Corrus would stop by again.

_Scar

Let's hope there will be water effects!

Oh, and is the pink elephant fountain still going? (donno why, but I love the look of it)

And what's going in Dumbo's place? Nice tree area with benches?

Wilt Dasney

"Moving from "Discovery Bay" to "Dumbo's Circus" would be accomplished by a sky-balloon attraction that would serve as an appropriate transition between the two areas. Among the proposed attractions in "Dumbo's Circus" are "Mickey's Mad House," a ride-through using vintage Studio cartoon footage from the 1930's and 40's; an Audio-Animatronic circus show with Disney Characters taking over traditional "Big Top" roles; and a Pinocchio-themed attraction."
Just another reminder that even an announcement from Disney is no reason to plan your next vacation around that "hot coming attraction." :cool:

This makes sense and I guess It would make sense to make them bigger. The art shows one to be larger than the other but then again it is just concept art.
I believe one was smaller because in the art it was operating and the other one was landed.
I think we can safely drop the word "Coaster" from the attraction name. It is a Mine Car Ride. I also don't think this is in the same way some people say Big Thunder Mountain is a Railroad and not a Coaster. It sounds like the focus of this will be on show scenes and not the thrills.
Nooooo! Let's hope there's some thrill for us thrill seekers. Darkride after darkride after darkride in Fantasyland can get pretty boring. I want at least a few bunny hills in the mine ride.

Grizzly Hall 71

I believe one was smaller because in the art it was operating and the other one was landed.

Nooooo! Let's hope there's some thrill for us thrill seekers. Darkride after darkride after darkride in Fantasyland can get pretty boring. I want at least a few bunny hills in the mine ride.

Yes Disney Fanatic yes!!! I agree with you here so much. Us thrill seekers need more than the Mountain Range.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

No the coaster part shouldn't be dropped at all.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
No the coaster part shouldn't be dropped at all.

Yes, it certainly seems the ride will use a coaster ride system.
My caution against the coaster label was to prevent people from expecting something more thrilling than this will be.

Let's try "mine car junior coaster ride.":lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My caution against the coaster label was to prevent people from expecting something more thrilling than this will be.

Perhaps a Minercoaster???? :D

Mr. Spock

Maybe like Casey JR. in DLP it is a bit more thrilling because it is on a coaster track.

Tom

Beta Return

I'm imagining a mine car (or train) that goes through some very mild drops and bends, and occasionally comes across a show scene that it would stop in front of (ala JII), or at least come to a crawl, so that guests could enjoy a scene. Then take off again, maybe by coming to a dip in the track at the end of a scene that generates the inertia required to send the car/train through another little hill or curve.

Perhaps the Splash Mountain concept as far as lazily passing some show scenes so guests can appreciate them, and then tossing in a few "thrills" between scenes.

And for the "thrills", it would surprise me if they're any more thrilling than the BTMR drops, which are really just gradual downward curves. I imagine they wouldn't want to apply a height restriction in Fantasyland, so keeping it mild, but with a few gotchas here and there would create a very happy medium between a thematic show, and minor thrills. Perfect for the whole family, and an ideal Disney attraction.

EDIT: When someone says "mine car junior coaster ride" I think of Adventure Express at King's Island in Ohio. Again, I still think something like that would be too intense (read: inappropriate) for Fantasyland, but a less intense version, with visits to grand show scenes would be awesome.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Yep exactly.

I think the best way to look at it right now is that it is perhaps a coaster ride system, that will be child/family orientated, with a good amount of theming. It should not be confused with being a thrill ride that is going to satisfy teens/adults that are expecting a RnR or Expedition Everest level of coaster-thrill.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
EDIT: When someone says "mine car junior coaster ride" I think of Adventure Express at King's Island in Ohio. Again, I still think something like that would be too intense (read: inappropriate) for Fantasyland, but a less intense version, with visits to grand show scenes would be awesome.
Yeah, something like Adventure Express ("Really? They only themed the end?!?":lol:) would be out of the question.

imagineer boy

I think for the exterior they should just stick to the DL look. Much simpler, no need for a big rock pile.

As for the coaster part, I definately agree that it will be very tame but give a good little thrill since it will be going through some awesome themeing. I imagine it will be more like the Casey Jr. coaster at DLP though maybe it a bit more thrilling.

Tom

Beta Return
Yeah, something like Adventure Express ("Really? They only themed the end?!?":lol:) would be out of the question.

Yup, it's pretty pathetic. It's just the only "mine car" ride I've been on outside BTMR, so that's all that pops into my head :lol:

But hey, the ride vehicles look like mine cars....so....see, it's close :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom