What have your ridden alone?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I didn't know that Disney was ever empty enough to pass single cars through! I've never gone on a ride (shows excluded) that wasn't at full capacity.

SirGoofy

Haunted Mansion. And I stopped in the door hallway. Creeeeeppppyyyyy.

And, I've "ridden" the Jungle Cruise alone. Just because at night guests usually wouldn't come on the ride. It can get really creepy going around the river w/o any lights on.

Mouseketeer09

I rode on RNRC by myself a couple times. The funniest was when I rode w/ this guy who had never been on it b4. At the end I was like oh yeah it goes backwards now. He knew I was kidding and laughed. However, the people behind us said "Oh I just heard it goes backwards!" We laughed so hard. I've also rode TOT, Everest, and Test Track by myself. :wave:

Javier Boughton

basically...everything...

been to the parks with the family but the kids were very small and had to ride alone.

and on two separate occasions stayed more days in orlando to enjoy the parks..and i was alone..but did enjoyed it a lot anyway..

brent2124

i once rode from the bus system from the magic kingdom to the port orleans resort alone. it was a normal experience until the driver ended up going toward the animal kingdom lodge(which is completly the wrong direction) and spoke very little english when i asked her if she was lost.

krankenstein

I go solo which basically means I have done everything by my lonesome. Technically I have never been on anything alone. Someone is always in the vehicle or around me on the omnimovers.

Phonedave

I have had a Spash Mountain log to myself

I have also had a TTA car to myself

My kids and I once had a entire pirates boat to ourselves

The strangest was when I had an entire El Grande Fiesta tour boat to myself, and it was the handicapped boat. I had to resist the urge to get up and walk around the empty wheelchair platform :) It was kind of odd going by all the diners as well, all by myself in the front of this boat.

Edit, oh yeah, an entire living with the land boat as well. Thats an easy one :)

-dave

cameronmouse

my wife and I were on our honeymoon and it was pouring one night while we were at epcot. After dinner we went to the seas with nemo and there wasnt anyone else in line or on the ride, it was extremely creepy.

LoriMistress

I've ridden a few rides alone. I usually ride M:S alone, because my DH doesn't care for the ride. It's interesting to go with other people and see n00bs' reactions.

EpcotServo

To be clear, this means not riding alone, it means being in a car/train by yourself, which is a rare badge of honor.

I've done quite a few.

The last one I can think of was Midway Mania. Nobody in both of em' and pretty much nobody in the games ahead or behind me.
:D

Captain Hank

Oh, I almost forgot--I was headed into MK during Spectromagic and not only did I have a monorail car to myself, I was the only Guest on the entire monorail.

marypoppins68

My sister, cousin and I had a log to ourselves on Splash Mtn, and a train to ourselves on Big Thunder Mtn. It was a cold and rainy morning so not too many people in the park. :lol: My sister and I also had a boat to ourselves on Living with The Land, back when they still had guides. It was neat because the CM just talked to us and answered any questions we had. It was our own private tour. :)

Rob562

The only ride that springs to mind was Snow White.
I'd been touring the park solo that day, and hopped in the short line. Ended up with a large group in front of me, and a large group behind me, so I ended up in a car by myself. (I pretended to be frightened when I pulled up to the CM at lapbar check and said "You're going to make me go on this BY MYSELF?!?!?") ;)
Come to think of it, it *was* kinda creepy...

Oh, and I got my own personal bus from Pleasure Island back to Pop Century at closing time back in September.

-Rob

Mikester71

Went to Epcot one night last trip with my brother (my wife and kids stayed back at our rooms at Pop) and rode Test Track by myself. Brother doesn't like that ride and since it is my favourite and I had never rode it at night, there was no way I was passing up a chance to ride it at night. Got on pretty quick too using the single rider line and got stuck in a car with a bunch of high school cheerleaders. Poor me!!! :ROFLOL:

Jaytrod

College Days

I went to college at UCF which is about 30 minutes away from Disney. One year I got a annual pass for Christmas and a few of my friends did as well. I had a job as a valet on I-drive at the Rosen Plaza and would have to drive by Disney exits to get home every time. I was getting off of work one day and I decided I could go for some cotton candy :slurp:. Plus it would be funny to walk back into my apartment with a bag of cotton candy from Disney when I was supposed to be working. So I took the exit grabbed my cotton candy and figured hey I'm here, I might as well get on some rides.. So I did TTA, Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear by myself and then called it a day. It was interesting to say the least. Standing in line by yourself is strange, you get to eaves drop on peoples conversations and hear how their trip is going, sometimes you make a friend. Buzz lightyear is not so fun by yourself and neither is TTA but space mountain was great like it always is.

poohbear6103

Rode many times what used to be called Rio Del Tiempo in Mexico alone because there was never anyone on it. It was cool getting your own boat.
Pirates towards the end of an Extra Magic Hour night.
TTA, in the sense that there was no one infront of behind for like 4 vehicle lengths in both directions
Small World years back, although recently everytime we ride that we are crammed in there like sardines.

I wonder if they would ever let anyone alone on Mission:Space? Imagine being all 4 jobs at once! I think it would be creepy being in there by myself. I would hate that!

DisneyMusician2

I've never actually been on a ride by myself. That's kinda weird, when you think about it.

I'll have to learn, though, as my son will be too small on the next trip and we'll have to start the switching off strategy if my wife and I want to experience some of the really cool stuff. We have even thought about vacationing with another couple to off-set some of the switching off issues.

Rogue21

solo and sans other riders . . .

I've gone on solo trips to WDW and rode the majority of the rides "by myself". One exception was the Mad Tea Party -- something a little too weird about spinning myself silly. Alone. :shrug:

Last trip was with my niece during Tropical Storm Fay. We had the entire back car of the monorail to ourselves. Twice. That was kinda cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom