What has happened to the place we (used to) love?

Smiley/OCD

Attachments

• 75535C9C-BA65-47D2-A2DF-B74445EDE14D.jpeg
    75535C9C-BA65-47D2-A2DF-B74445EDE14D.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 94

erasure fan1

I’ve seen people buy way more than they needed obviously to resell. Just institute limits and that will lighten up.
Limits don't really help. The people who are the problem will just bring a crew of multiple people to get the quantity they want. Outside of a small annoyance, it really doesn't help. If anything it will make the lines longer, making it worse for the regular folk.

Incomudro

It used to be all about the guests and now it's all about making money. Obviously Disney is a for-profit business but it didn't feel like the #1 goal in the past.
Exactly, even if it (making money) was the number one goal at the time (though I don't believe it was) at least as a guest, you didn't feel like it was.
Besides, there are many ways to make money.
There's the squeeze every cent out of existing customers approach, and there's the make customers happy and they'll spend more, come back again, and spread positive word of mouth approach.

Minnesota disney fan

Exactly, even if it (making money) was the number one goal at the time (though I don't believe it was) at least as a guest, you didn't feel like it was.
There's the squeeze every cent out of existing customers approach, and there's the make customers happy and they'll spend more, come back again, and spread positive word of mouth approach.

You hit the nail on the head! We knew disney was expensive, but we never minded spending more because the experience was so fantastic, and the guest service was par to none! It WAS a very special place to vacation. NOW we wont' go back until the experience reverts to the way it was meant to be. I love disney and miss it, but not now with all the changes to a place that was once magical.

Beacon Joe

I haven't been here in over a month because I really have nothing to add and after over 40 years of regularly going to Disneyland and WDW, I'm kind of over anything related to WDW or the parent company at this point. Came in to see the scuttlebutt here because WDW related content still pops up in my youtube feed every now and again and I saw a video about the Genie price increases. Figured I'd log in to support what you said since it touches on one of the many thoughts I had after our last - and I mean our last - WDW trip this summer.

Disney has of course always been about profit. That goes without saying. But what the Chapeks of the world don't recognize is a corollary of a very small but important lesson I learned very early in my career: good work (no matter how insignificant or tiresome it may seem at the time) will beget good work and more clients. In the case of a theme park, I would rephrase that to good customer experience (no matter how seemingly insignificant or small) begets repeat customers and new customers.

The Chapeks of the world also seemingly never read any Aesop's fables when they were children, or a satisfaction-loyalty curve in their business schools.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Overcrowding and so many ECVs and strollers is what makes the parks a miserable experience imo. Limit capacity and get rid of ECVs (unpopular opinion i know)
ECVs are an ADA item that would have to be addressed by a Federal law revision, strollers however are fair game. How much space would be available if the sea of stroller parking were to vanish?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom