What has happened to the place we (used to) love?

TQQQ

Original Poster
Three years? Worldwide pandemic leading to staffing shortages and reduced incomes along with a management change.
Will the Disney parks of old come back? I doubt it, it would take inspired vision and belief goodwill is more valuable than quarterly increases so lament if you want, adjust if you must and move on if you can't.
And record revenues by the company?

TransportationGuy

I saw a video of Terminal C at MCO this week and it was absolutely empty. 4 people in the entire place. Where are all the people going to be going to in Orlando that would require an additional terminal (that is bigger then most total city terminals) to be needed. Yes, it is still crowded in the rest of them, but that one looks like something that really wasn't needed.

I arrived at Terminal C this weekend on an international flight. The place was very empty because not many flights are using it yet. I heard that next week JetBlue will start using it, so it will become a lot busier.

When we left from Terminal C two weeks ago most of the restaurants and shops were still under construction.
As of today, the flight volume has nearly quadrupled what would have been at Terminal C last week with JetBlue’s domestic volume moving there.

Goofyernmost

Your opinion is " something that was not really needed " in regards to Terminal C is your opinion. I strongly disagree with that. MCO knows that Terminal will be successful along with A and B.
Lighten up. Do you hold the mortgage on that terminal. Or if we are going to play this game, how the fact that your "opinion is something that was not really necessary". I made a simple observation about "C" and I looked back at it and I did misstate one important thing. I said that they were going from Orlando to Cleveland via "C", but on re-examination they were going through "C" to catch the monorail to the main terminal. My mistake. However, the terminal was still empty. The reason for that was not clear in the video and some of the more legit responses did make more sense after I was given some possibilities.

I sure hope that I didn't cause and financial harm to MCO by just making some off the cuff comments. In the meantime, everytime I try to pull out of this discussion, they drag me back in. Do not expect to "C" anymore from me on this particular topic.

Goofyernmost

As of today, the flight volume has nearly quadrupled what would have been at Terminal C last week with JetBlue’s domestic volume moving there.
I saw four people in the video so quadrupled adds up to 16. The place must be packed. Sorry I couldn't help it. This amazing loyalty to a building at an airport just strikes me as odd. But whatever floats everyone's boat.

Lilofan

I saw four people in the video so quadrupled adds up to 16. The place must be packed. Sorry I couldn't help it. This amazing loyalty to a building at an airport just strikes me as odd. But whatever floats everyone's boat.
Your feedback is some members stating facts and your claim that is loyalty to MCO is quite odd . Your claim that you saw 4 people in the new terminal and that terminal is not needed is my point I don’t agree with. Carry on.

DznyRktekt

Justin Bieber Popcorn GIF

bpiper

Some fun facts:

There are 15 gates, but 5 of them can handle 2 narrow body jets or 1 wide body jet. So the terminal can handle up to 20 planes. They have already broke ground on adding 4 more gates that were scaled back due to Covid uncertainties.

The C terminal was designed to have up to 60 gates. This is why the terminal is so spacious.

Rental Cars (coming soon to Terminal C)​

Connecting Between Terminals​

If you are connecting between terminals (e.g. arriving at Terminal C and picking up a rental car at Terminal B), there are two options:

Shuttle Bus

• A shuttle bus service operates 24 hours a day, between Terminal C and Terminals A & B.
  • Pick-up and drop-off is at:
    • Terminal C: Level 2 (Departures) at Door C17
    • Terminal B: Level 1 (Ground Transportation) at Space B29
Terminal Link

• The Terminal Link (APM) operates 24 hours per day, but requires a walk of approximately 1,200 feet, from Terminal C, Level 4 through Parking Garage C to the Train Station

Goofyernmost

you guys are debating about an airport? thats depressing
No they are arguing about a flippant comment that I made after seeing a huge empty terminal in a video. It was later stated that it was brand new and the airlines had not all be transferred there yet. I accepted that and stated so but it just continues. I've stated that I am done trying to make people understand the reality of what I was commenting on. One can explain things to others, but one can make them understand what it.

Lilofan

Some fun facts:

There are 15 gates, but 5 of them can handle 2 narrow body jets or 1 wide body jet. So the terminal can handle up to 20 planes. They have already broke ground on adding 4 more gates that were scaled back due to Covid uncertainties.

The C terminal was designed to have up to 60 gates. This is why the terminal is so spacious.

Rental Cars (coming soon to Terminal C)​

Connecting Between Terminals​

If you are connecting between terminals (e.g. arriving at Terminal C and picking up a rental car at Terminal B), there are two options:

Shuttle Bus

• A shuttle bus service operates 24 hours a day, between Terminal C and Terminals A & B.
  • Pick-up and drop-off is at:
    • Terminal C: Level 2 (Departures) at Door C17
    • Terminal B: Level 1 (Ground Transportation) at Space B29
Terminal Link

• The Terminal Link (APM) operates 24 hours per day, but requires a walk of approximately 1,200 feet, from Terminal C, Level 4 through Parking Garage C to the Train Station
How great fun, getting off of an international flight to MCO terminal C , go through customs , going to baggage claim , then lugging all your luggage waiting for the shuttle bus to take to to A side, to rent your vehicle. I like flying into MCO A or B side get luggage walk a few minutes to rental counter then walk 60 sec to parking garage to get rental car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom