What happens to the 3d glasses after each show?

TShark469

On the Undiscovered Future World tour I took about a month ago, they took us to the machine at the Imagination pavillion that cleans the glasses. Glasses from all 4 parks are taken there every day and go through a 5 stage machine that reaches 160 degrees to make sure that the glasses are sanitized. We were told that occasionally during peak season, there are 2 deliveries a day but usually there are enough glasses in one set to last the day. Hope this helps.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
On the Undiscovered Future World tour I took about a month ago, they took us to the machine at the Imagination pavillion that cleans the glasses. Glasses from all 4 parks are taken there every day and go through a 5 stage machine that reaches 160 degrees to make sure that the glasses are sanitized. We were told that occasionally during peak season, there are 2 deliveries a day but usually there are enough glasses in one set to last the day. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info..

Mecha Figment

judging from my experience working with similar attractions elsewhere they are put in trays on a conveyor belt and sent through a modified high presure and heat dishwasher then dried after wards.

joshwill

Why would you? (and how don't the CM's watch as you exit?) That's wrong. I'd hope that anyone that did that would get caught by security.

ive only seen the cms out there to retrieve the bags of used glasses, never saw them stopping anyone taking them. ive rarely seen that happen.

when next i go, im going to try and use the glasses i got when i saw the 3-D version of nightmare before christmas.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've seen guests walking around the parks with them.

I've also seen CM from other attractions confiscate them.

Mecha Figment

i've seen security confiscate them on several occations i've also seen attractions personal confiscate them at their attractions as well
I have wanted to on many occations but when i see it i'm always out of uniform and can't do anything.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
i've seen security confiscate them on several occations i've also seen attractions personal confiscate them at their attractions as well
I have wanted to on many occations but when i see it i'm always out of uniform and can't do anything.
That is sad that people feel they can take them.

MouseMadness

Maybe its a little silly, but my husband and I have just sort of blown off the thought of other people wearing the glasses. There are so many other places in Disney to pick up germs that we assumed they clean them in some way and that's just good enough.

Thanks for the information on how they get cleaned.

:lol: Agreed. Those glasses are the least of my worries. :dazzle:

Buzzforprez

They are thrown in a mesh bag, washed thoroughly then after Epcot closes they are hung off the top of the wand to dry. And THAT people is why the wand is going nowhere!:lol:

P.S.

And a friend of a friend's mother's sister's cousin in law who works for a corporation that has some sort of partnership with another company that supplies some type of product to MGM told me that the hat is just a clever drying machine that performs the same function for the glasses for the Muppets. And they are thinking of installing one in the Magic Kingdom to cut down on the cost for the ones used in Philarmagic.:ROFLOL:

jessfriends

I've seen guests walking around the parks with them.

I've also seen CM from other attractions confiscate them.

Same here. Last summer I saw a group at EPCOT on Maelstrom wearing the yellow ones from HISTA and the CM told them they could not have them and they did not understand but after a few minutes they finally were able to confiscate them.

DisneyChik17

I guess some people are just too retentive to enjoy Disney. :rolleyes:

I'm hurt. I really am a germ-a-phobe. I went to a museum the other day and they had hand held audio things that you held up to your ear and listened to bits about certain artifacts. I turned it all the way up and held it away from my head a little. I was so paranoid about whose ears had been on the speaker. I just can't help it. Though, I'm not too worried about Disney being careless. They have this reputation for quality, so I suppose I trust them. LOL!

peter11435

And you all know when the entrance runs out, they just dump the bin from the exit into the entrance. :hurl:

Actually I can assure you with 100% certainty that does not happen. Having worked at a 3D attraction I know the process well. Glasses are delivered in carts that contain 3000 pairs each. Most times they start the day with far more than needed. If they start to run low they call for an extra delivery long before they would actually run out. Even if we only had one cart left that would still be enough for 1-2 hours of operation depending on which attraction and crowds. That is plenty of time to have an extra delivery. If by some chance they do run out of clean glasses (never seen it happen) the procedure is for the attraction to go 101 until clean glasses are delivered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom