What happened to the interactive queue at BTMRR?

wiigirl

They added crates I think.

Fancy! :p
75.gif

raven

Not sure why they didn't add the interactive queue yet. First time I rode it after it was open again was about 3 weeks ago and was surprised that they didn't really do anything. There is evidence of things to come though in a few areas that are under wooden boxes.

The queue is supposed to wind through a couple of rooms (mechantile bank, explosives gallery, etc) and as you reach the far north area of the queue platform there would be dynomite detonators to set off effects on the rocky areas of the ride (fiberoptic fuse effects, strobes, smoke, exposion sounds, etc). I'm just not sure why they haulted the completion of this.

tdpolo26

Not sure why they didn't add the interactive queue yet. First time I rode it after it was open again was about 3 weeks ago and was surprised that they didn't really do anything. There is evidence of things to come though in a few areas that are under wooden boxes.

The queue is supposed to wind through a couple of rooms (mechantile bank, explosives gallery, etc) and as you reach the far north area of the queue platform there would be dynomite detonators to set off effects on the rocky areas of the ride (fiberoptic fuse effects, strobes, smoke, exposion sounds, etc). I'm just not sure why they haulted the completion of this.
The reason for not finishing is in the riddle below​
"what rhymes with mudget and is never large enough or accurate??? "​
in other news why is a raven like a writing desk

i did see the boxes in photos it seems wierd that they havent done anything yet. It seems like disney is having all roads meet first week of dec (FLE, Test track, CBJ, french pavillion, splitsville, and next gen... they also have recently redone main street usa recently) which is when they shoot the xmas time stuff. Maybe they dont want all the new interactive cue stuff broken by then. Disney really seems to be doing alot all comming together the first week of december i am a bit jealous of all those people the second week of december seeing all this stuff brand new.
on a side not if it comes to be, i cant wait to see those queue items come to light maybe even in time for my sept trip :)

without the queue what did we get for a 6 month refurb? some new paint, few things work that prolly could have been repaired while the ride was going on? not being doom and gloomer just want to see all of the stuff they spent all that time and money on

heatherkatheleen

I remember Raven or Raxip telling us that there was an interactive queue set to debut at BTMRR, but it has yet to materialize. Any word on what the hold up is?
When did the info come out about this? I think BTMRR could definitely use an interactive queue... Lines get so long in that windy, rampy line!

I always thought SM should have one too... They could refurb all the frames hanging around the caves with pictures of the Briar animals to the moving picture screens they have on the cruise ships and give out cards at the beginning of the line up that set the pictures off. The kids could do some sort of scavenger hunt like on the DCL Fantasy and just hand the card back before they get on the ride!

Rob562

I wasn't aware the BTMRR upgrade cost $1 billion. News to me.

People keep throwing the "$1 billion" figure around for the NextGen stuff, and it always comes up when talking about the simpler parts of it.

But I've always presumed that anything RFID-related in WDW is included in that $1bil figure. That includes adding the new RFID keypads to *all* registers on-property (and we know that's a LOT of registers), and replacing all ~30k hotel room door locks with RFID locks (a conservative $100 each puts that at $3mil right there just in parts).

And what about rolling out all this WiFi in the parks?

So even if the still-under-development-and-installation NextGen stuff does cost $1bil, there's a LOT of infrastructure that has to be installed/upgraded before then.

-Rob

WDWFigment

People keep throwing the "$1 billion" figure around for the NextGen stuff, and it always comes up when talking about the simpler parts of it.

But I've always presumed that anything RFID-related in WDW is included in that $1bil figure. That includes adding the new RFID keypads to *all* registers on-property (and we know that's a LOT of registers), and replacing all ~30k hotel room door locks with RFID locks (a conservative $100 each puts that at $3mil right there just in parts).

And what about rolling out all this WiFi in the parks?

So even if the still-under-development-and-installation NextGen stuff does cost $1bil, there's a LOT of infrastructure that has to be installed/upgraded before then.

-Rob

That's my assumption, as well. I'm hardly a champion of all that this NextGen project entails, but I think a lot of the infrastructure components are necessary (to the extent that these things will soon become industry standards) or will be necessary within the next several years.

A lot of people complain that the transportation infrastructure is crumbling because it hasn't been updated appropriately over the years. I see some aspects of NextGen as "preventative work" to ensure that the resort-systems don't similarly suffer.

I also don't have much of a problem with NextGen if it can increase efficiency and profitability and "pay for itself" in a relatively modest amount of time. I'm not saying that it can, but this is something often overlooked in the discussion about NextGen. That said, if the NextGen capex is impacting expenditures for substantive additions, I'm also not pleased.

ExtinctJenn

I know everyone keeps saying Next Gen this Next Gen that but I have a feeling the delay in this isn't related. I don't think it's budget either because I remember people talking about how things had been installed and hidden under the crates etc. I have this nagging thing in the back of my head telling me it's waiting for the other stuff to finish so when the big media things start to happen it's all still new and pretty. :)

RSoxNo1

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh.........

Button pushing to turn on flashy things and make soundy things.......

$1 billion well spent indeed.

Imagine how cool it would be to push a button TWICE!!!
That's about what I assumed and I think it's welcome. Having said that, I too am wondering what the hold up is.

Bolt

Disney does run on a fiscal year of October being the new year, it could be that money was shifted and needed so it was allocated in Fiscal Year 2013.

alissafalco

It seems like it, I can't really think of another attraction that an obsession with gold would apply. There is POTC but the guy is dressed a little to modern for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom