What happened to the interactive queue at BTMRR?

menamechris

Maybe I am not connecting the dots well - but why does an interactive queue that simply makes things go "boom" need a backstory and build up like this? I think a lot of people will be rather disappointed if this is to announce something they already announced in September....

msteel

Does anybody think that the interactive queue hasn't opened yet simply because it depends on the RFID system that isn't quite here yet?

But apparently will be soon?
http://www.************.com/2012/11...-out-in-december-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

EDIT:
OK, so links are being filtered. I wanted to to refer to the RFID payment story at...some site about exploring EPCOT and writing a book about it. Has there been a problem with this particular site, or is this just an across-the-board don't mention other sites kind of thing? Because mentioning outside the context of a URL appeared to get zapped too.

Atomicmickey

Yes, I have been told, there are a couple of sites out there, that there's some bad blood
between this site and those, just a couple. I've gotten the starstarstarstar thingy when I've
tried to post links before.

It's not clear, but I guess it's the site owner's prerogative to run it their way . . .

G00fyDad

Does anybody think that the interactive queue hasn't opened yet simply because it depends on the RFID system that isn't quite here yet?

But apparently will be soon?
http://www.************.com/2012/11...-out-in-december-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

EDIT:
OK, so links are being filtered. I wanted to to refer to the RFID payment story at...some site about exploring EPCOT and writing a book about it. Has there been a problem with this particular site, or is this just an across-the-board don't mention other sites kind of thing? Because mentioning ************ outside the context of a URL appeared to get zapped too.

I still found the site you mentioned. ;) Thanks.

EOD K9

It and who knows how many other things! This could potentially go on for years, as a "oh, they just didn't get to it yet" thing like the SSE descent.

Can't say I'm really that disappointed though... not every queue needs to be interactive.
Can they be hyperactive?

Disneyhead'71

That's my assumption, as well. I'm hardly a champion of all that this NextGen project entails, but I think a lot of the infrastructure components are necessary (to the extent that these things will soon become industry standards) or will be necessary within the next several years.

A lot of people complain that the transportation infrastructure is crumbling because it hasn't been updated appropriately over the years. I see some aspects of NextGen as "preventative work" to ensure that the resort-systems don't similarly suffer.

I also don't have much of a problem with NextGen if it can increase efficiency and profitability and "pay for itself" in a relatively modest amount of time. I'm not saying that it can, but this is something often overlooked in the discussion about NextGen. That said, if the NextGen capex is impacting expenditures for substantive additions, I'm also not pleased.
Old fashioned card swipe door locks rarely kill people or leave them waiting for hours for a bus when the antiquated monorail system goes 101.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Not to out my thread but... check out Day Four

I posted the images on another thread here the day of but they are working on the eastern portion of the queue right now. There were also tarps over parts of the mountain, probably for some sort of effect they are adding.

dreamscometrue

Not to out my thread but... check out Day Four

I posted the images on another thread here the day of but they are working on the eastern portion of the queue right now. There were also tarps over parts of the mountain, probably for some sort of effect they are adding.

I saw the word '' and thought it was a post by '74. ;)

Nothing wrong with providing that link. Great report! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom