What Grinds Your Gears At the Parks?

magicmaya

Original Poster
Edit: Grinding gears means Annoying! It is not stuff that ruins your vacation People! :)

You Know what grinds my gears is when people walk around bearfoot at the park!

What grinds my gears is when people talk too mauc in the queue for rides!

What grinds my gears is Crying, spoiled children that don't get their way and HIT their parents!

What grinds my gears is when people throw gum on the ground and you step on it!

What Grinds My gears is when People don't throw away their trash!

What grinds my gears is when you are in the queue and the fast pass people stare at you!(in a way of bragging)

What grinds my gears is when Parents put 10 year olds in strollers!

I hate it when people do this stuff!

DisneyMom4

Honestly, nothing really grinds my gears at the parks. It's beautiful and magical. I'm blessed and lucky to get to be there.

It's a choice to be happy.

Dragonrider1227

Yes. That one especially for me. It really peeved me off to see trash in Minnie's house, or in the well in front of Snow White's scary adventure :brick:
Although my mom tells me about a time she rode Peter Pan's flight and someone dropped a popcorn bag on Big Ben, totally ruining the effect of flying over London but oh my god the image of a popcorn bag over Big Ben always gets me laughing! :lol:

sbkline

You Know what grinds my gears is when people walk around bearfoot at the park!

What grinds my gears is when people talk too mauc in the queue for rides!

What grinds my gears is Crying, spoiled children that don't get their way and HIT their parents!

What grinds my gears is when people throw gum on the ground and you step on it!

What grinds my gears is when you are in the queue and the fast pass people stare at you!(in a way of bragging)

What grinds my gears is when Parents put 10 year olds in strollers!

I hate it when people do this stuff!

On a more serious note, I don't care if people talk in the line for the rides. To me, that's part of vacation...hearing other vacationers talking and having a good time. As long is it's not punk teenagers talking profanity. Really, not too much on that list bothers me. If parents put their 10 year old in a stroller, that's their business. If I step in gum, most likely, it gets burnt off by all my walking during the coarse of the day. People not throwing away their trash, I find annoying, but I don't let it get to me. I saw a guy in front of me once drop his fry container on the ground. I thought "what a dirtbag", then went on about my day and didn't dwell on it.

Now, as far as spoiled brat children, don't get me started on that one. That's the one thing on that list that I can really identify with. Maybe because I'm such a firm believer in discipline. My wife's sister's daughter is a spoiled rotten little brat and I can't stand to be in the same house with her with how she acts. And we were at their house a few weeks ago and I saw her hit her mom, and I wanted to get out of that chair and tan her little hide myself. They were at my son's birthday party a couple weeks ago and she whined and cried pretty much all night. I have a paddle here that I wanted really bad to use on her. But you have to be careful anymore with you own kid, let alone someone else's. But ya, I do agree with on on that item on your list.

sbkline

When I can't find the right droid!

Speaking of droids, that's another thing that ahem..."grinds my gears" as the OP likes to say...

People on these boards who always use DD or DS to refer to their kids...especially the ones who put the kid's ages after it. Such as DS15, or DD5. I'm not sure if they're talking about their kids, or a droid. :ROFLOL:

magicmaya

Original Poster
Speaking of droids, that's another thing that ahem..."grinds my gears" as the OP likes to say...

People on these boards who always use DD or DS to refer to their kids...especially the ones who put the kid's ages after it. Such as DS15, or DD5. I'm not sure if they're talking about their kids, or a droid. :ROFLOL:

I thought they were talking about Bra Sizes :lol:

sbkline

uh...ok:lookaroun
People Say that at the Parks?!?!?

I don't know. This was the first time I've ever heard the term. I was just having a little fun with it.

However, thanks to you, I'll probably find myself saying that from now on. :ROFLOL:

joanna71985

I'm pretty laid back in the parks, and not much bothers me when I'm at Disney. However, I do have 2 issues:
1) People who abuse the characters, and ask "unmagical" questions about them within earshot of little kids
2) People who smoke outside the smoking locations

Number 1 is pretty obvious. As for Number 2, I get sick from smoke really easily. I don't have any issues with avoiding the smoking locations. But it's when people walk around smoking, or smoke in queue lines, or anywhere outside the locations, that irritate me.

jonnyc

You know what really grinds my gears? When people in the airport queue for the plane even though it's not even at the gate yet.

Okay, so that's non-Disney related, i just had to get it off my chest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom