What Extinct Attraction Do You Miss The Most

Evil Genius

That was the best part.........

:(

I don't know if I'd go that far.

Yes I loved the original narration. It was original, relaxing, and most importantly...familliar! However while I don't like the new narration at all...I don't think it takes away from the overall feel of the TTA. It's still relaxing...enjoyable and a great escape from the chaos of the park.

Sloan

only a few

Alien Encounter, Horizons and World of Motion (and the old pre-show movie from Living Seas - "and it rained, and rained, and rained ....")

CDavid

Horizons.

Horizons will always be number one on the "Whose dumb idea was that" attraction removal list, but Journey into Imagination must also be mentioned.

Walt Disney1955

Skyride, Mr. Toad and 20K.

They should still do something with the old skyride, there is so much space there - just dead space - waiting to be filled. That includes in Tomorrowland.

Mr. Toad had more character than Winnie the Pooh IMO

disneysroyal411

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't know what was more traumatizing for when I had TWO, not the usual one, trips last year. Either Space Mountain being closed or the TTA! O I lean a lil bit toward TTA because there are other roller coasters, although none like SM, but TTA is an escape and something people usually skip or don't notice (<--- which I am thankful for)

dizneeboy

Is it fair to say I miss them all :cry: ;)

If I had to pick only one, it would be JIYI. Loved every minute of it and the ride really brought life to the pavilion (which seems so lifeless to me now).

Ralphlaw

How I miss the TTA narration

It's not an entire attraction, but I angrily miss the old narration for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (TTA) or Blue Line, as it were. The new narration is the most flavorless piece of nothing that Disney has put together. It is little more than a senseless sanitization of fun and character from a great respite attraction, all for little or no purpose other than a plug or two for a gift shop. If that's what they wanted, why not give it some character, such as a deep and official voice saying;

"For our interstellar travelers in need of a gift for that lttle green boy or girl on the home planet, stop at _________ for the latest in Tomorrowland non-radioactive space gizmos, reasonably priced for the alien on an allowance. Free shipping to participating planetary spaceports. All cosmic credit cards accepted."

I came up with that in 4 minutes, with a phone call interruption in the middle. And I must humbly say that it is ten times better than anything in the current version

In our last trip I rode the TTA once and was angry and depressed for the rest of the day. Literally. I still had fun doing other things, but the disappointment was always in the back of my mind.

How Lassiter and the gang could have seen this as an improvement is the most notable piece of stupidity that Disney has committed in some time. Let's all e-mail Lassiter to bring it back, or we will refuse to buy souvenirs in the Magic Kingdom until he does. I'm on board for such a souvenir boycott.

Look, it would take virtually no additional expense to switch it back to the old narration. I challenge anyone to write in with a cogent viewpoint that favors the new nothing that has replaced the silly but wonderful, "Mr. Tom Morrow . . " and "For our intergalactic travelers . . ." They were classic. They were clever. They were fun. Why oh why did anyone think that the new anemia is an improvement? No one, and I literally mean no one, could see this as a plussing; it is the most notable and unnecessary minussing in the parks that I have seen.

A few weeks ago, we offered to come down at my own expense to record the old narration. I have a deep voice and my wife can speak clearly yet dreamily. So far, Disney has not accepted. A great company admits its mistakes and tries to make amends. This is one thing, a small thing, but indicative of so much more.

Ralphlaw

Oh yes, I will add the TTA (old version). We went last December when it opened again and it was stupid. We missed the old version so much. I dont know why they changed it. My brother in Law will be so mad when we go this December haha

Here here! Please join the Magic Kingdom souvenir boycott.

SpaceMtn#1

Dixieland Saloon Revue (might have the name wrong but you know what I'm talking about) in Frontierland. We used to always go there at least once a trip, usually multiple times. We would eat (sandwich and chips) and watch the show. At the time the show was great. Would often have people crammed in there, standing room only. They had the dancing saloon girls, and a really fun magician, and this kind of host guy who would sing. We enjoyed the magician especially. Oh, and the best part was the chocolate chip ice cream! That was my favorite ice cream place of the whole resort. There are other attractions I miss, but most of them have been replaced or re-purposed in a decent way.

gerryu21220

The original Tiki Room or "Tropical Serenade" as they called it there.

Another thing I miss, while not an extinct attraction, are the original graveyard vocals in The Haunted Mansion. Why ever did they swap out the original vocals?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom