What do your think should go into the 20K area?

Brick Tamland

Original Poster
We all more or less know that the area formerly known as 20,000 leagues under the sea will become "the 100 acre wood:meet and greet". But what is your personal preference for the areas use. In other words what type of attraction would you like to see in the area.

My personal idea for the area's use would be to put in an Aladdin based ride that is similer to the Sinbad adventure from Tokyo DisneySea.

longfamily

I would like to see 1 or 2 dark rides that are based on more recent stories. Even themeing a ride to one of the classics like The Black Cauldron or Robin Hood would be great.

Jusjuice

I'd LOVE to see an Alice in Wonderland Dark Ride based on Tokyo's Pooh's Hunny Hunt trackless ride system. Also, some kind of mountain (Villians, perhaps?) would be good to balance out this rather flat area of the park. The Little Mermaid dark ride that was developed also deserves to be built.

Lee

Adventurer
The meet and greet is only using a small portion of the available space.

What do I want to see? Villians...a village...a mountain.... :animwink:

KaliSplash

At least one good dark ride with solid AA and great music. The possibilities are almost limitless. Virtually anything that isn't a Dumbo clone would be better than another meet & greet.

BigNorm

I like the possiblility of a ToonTown expansion (I don't think this will happen but it would be nice.). I personally need a Little Mermaid dark ride, but why bother with Voyage still playing over at the Studios. My dream is a Villian area like a village, a scary village. Something like the feel of "Halloweenland" at Disneyland Paris. That would be fantastic. Definitely a villians area.

P.S. this Hundred Acre Wood area is growing on me.

Lee said:
The meet and greet is only using a small portion of the available space.

What do I want to see? Villians...a village...a mountain.... :animwink:

Sounds like what Lee is saying he would like to see there, is really what is going to be put there

Lee

Adventurer
Mouse's Magic said:
Sounds like what Lee is saying he would like to see there, is really what is going to be put there

As a man once said:
"The only thing for sure...is that nothing is for sure."

Captain Hank

I'm okay with the 100 Acre Wood area as long as it's not the only thing going in. I'm not sure how cohesive a villian attraction would be, but I wouldn't mind seeing how the Imagineers do it. Just as long as it's not another row of gift shops or another Dumbo-style ride, I'll be pretty happy.

imagineer boy

I would make an expansion of Toon Town, and I would also allow perhaps, a new Fantaseyland Dark ride, perhaps based off of Mary Poppins.

jeanylaser031

what do your think should go into the 20k area

what about the phantom blot the ride with mickey mouse trying to save the town from the phantom blot and maybe the capture of mickey mouse and the guest can save mickey mouse.

BigNorm

jeanylaser031 said:
what about the phantom blot the ride with mickey mouse trying to save the town from the phantom blot and maybe the capture of mickey mouse and the guest can save mickey mouse.

What about an attraction for ToonTown based on the Mickey Mouse short "Runaway Brain?" That would be pretty cool, and that was a great short.

MKCP 1985

The Magic Kingdom is way overdue for a "WOW" E-ticket, on the same scale as Splash Mountain. Not to take away from Pooh, PhilharMagic or Buzz Lightyear, all of which are welcome additions for various targeted groups, but something BIG is way overdue for the same market the Disney Channel goes for - the "tween-agers."

The various likely additions have been told to us by Lee and Corrus (thanks guys!), and some of what has been suggested would be awesome.

But since this thread asks what WE think, I'm going to offer a suggestion which will go nowhere, but it what I would like to see go in:

MKCP's Proposal for an E-Ticket Thriller:

Hercules
This E-ticket combination of coaster and dark ride illustrates the story of the Disney feature film from 1997. The queue area is themed around Mount Olympus, because the ride will ascend for early scenes and descend towards its finale. As you wait in line, you are introduced to the story line and meet the main characters beginning with Hercules, and including his trusty winged horse, Pegasus, his trainer Phil, his love, Megara "Meg," and his foe, Hades (along with the flunkies Pain & Panic).

Mount Olympus is a Kodak Picture Spot - another great Mountain within the Magic Kingdom (land of mountains!)

The loading area (inside the Mountain, of course) resembles the home of Zeus and Hera. Most of the ride is indoors. You board an inverted coaster in rows of four, shaped like the flying horse, and assume the identity of Hercules. Your head rests against a formed head piece with stereo speakers, as there will be music from the film accompanying you through the entire ride, and perhaps some dialogue in key scenes.

Early scenes briefly depict Hercules leaving Mt. Olympus, being humbled in the village of his youth, being trained by Phil and defeating various foes such as the Hydra while Hades looms in the background, disapproving of Hercules' successes. You go through these scenes at a slow to moderate pace. These scenes are well lit and have the appearance of being daytime events.

Midway through the experience, Hercules is a stud, battling and defeating the Titans and thwarting Hades' attempts to kill him. Meg is at his side. The pace has picked up considerably. The scenes continue to be well lit. Some of this portion could even occur outside around Mount Olympus.

The ride turns dark and begins a descent when Hades gets the upper hand as Megara's soul is taken to the underworld where Hercules must risk everything to go and save his lost love. The ride really kicks it up a notch here as Hercules descends into a smoky, scary environment where he encounters the Moerae who cut the thread of life, a three headed dog, and finally a climatic showdown with Hades himself, his hair blazing with pyrotechnic effects, black light and strobe effects and whatever else can be conjured up for excitement. In these scenes, the ride is moving at full throttle and includes 360 degree loops during the fight scenes, simulating the battle's effects on Hercules himself.

Hercules wins, Hades is thrown into the river of the dead, and after an eight and one half minute ride, Hercules and Meg triumphantly depart the underworld to the unload area showing their happily ever after life together.

So, I know nothing like this will ever be built. Too much money, and Hercules may not be considered by all to be a classic. I think a ride like this could be better than the movie itself, and it would solidify the Disney brand on Fantasyland. Yes, some scenes would be scary for small children, but those tall enough to ride should mostly be able to handle it. Anyway, I'd like to see this or something like it.

:wave:

Richboy

I was looking at the area that is now occupied in Fantasyland, and you can pretty much fit most of that area right into the former 20K area. It is THAT BIG! Harkening back to the "Beastlie Kingdomme" idea for Animal Kingdom, Fantasyland could be decided into a good side and bad side. The good area you can fly to Neverland with Peter Pan and visit Winnie the Pooh in the 100 Acre Woods, and on the bad side (the 20K area) you enter a windy dark old European village, a foil to the open colorful and cheerful bright colors of the happier side of Fantasyland. On this side of the land, which would occupy the entire north side of Fantasyland, going from Ariel's Grotto through the end where it meets at Toontown Fair, would be the home of two attractions. The first, being a walkthrough maze style attraction, similar to the Alice in Wonderland attraction in Disneyland Paris. Instead of going through wonderland, around every corner a villain awaits you, where you come face to face with the Wicked Witch, Malificent, and Jafar. The second, the flagship attraction of the area, would be a ride similar to the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland or Countdown to Extinction in Animal Kingdom. Journey through the ruins of an old castle where the villains are attending a secret meeting. Once you are caught by them, it is a chase out into the dark forests surrounding the village. This would be very similar to the proposed Villian Mountain or Bald Mountain.

sjnichol

That area does not appear to be large enough to facilitate anything large like a coaster, but I May be wrong. I would like to see something along the lines of the Curious George water area for small kids like in Universal Studios. I think that maybe a 100 acre woods theme would be great for something like that.

EpcoTim

I would have liked to see the lagoon stay, to be turned into the boarding area for a water-ride Pinochio. Imagine riding in wooden buckets bobbing around in the water, and as you take off from the boarding area, you enter the huge mouth of a killer whale that is visible from the walkway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom