What do you usually Skip or Avoid during your Trip?

Sum41Disney03

Original Poster
:wave: During your trip to Disney World what do you always skip.

Also why do you skip these things, is it becuase you dislike it or the lines are too long, or for whatever reason why do you skip these things.

Should the attractions you skip be replaced by something else?

The atrractions that i skip are body wars, cranial command, Making of me, Autopia, snow white, and One mans dream.

I skip these because i think they are boring, too long of waits for what they are, and just a waist of time.

Well, Now that youve heard what i skip, Post what you skip!

Main Street USA

Here's what we usually skip. Not really sure why. They simply aren't tops on our list, so we rarely get to them.

- Wonders of China
- Canada
- Tomorrowland Speedway (lines)
- Astro Orbiter (lines)
- Tom Sawyer's Island
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Wonders of Life
- United Kingdom
- Morocco
- Japan
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Playhouse Disney
- Camp Minnie-Mickey
- Kali River Rapids (november visits)

Guess that's about it. I know, it consists of many great attractions. I'm making a point to visit all of these during our August trip.
:)

dxwwf3

We usually skip:
MK
1. Peter Pan's Flight - Too long of a wait for a simple dark ride.
2. Tom Sawyer Island - No little kids anymore.
3. Mickey's Toontown Fair - " "
4. Tomorrowland Speedway - Lines
5. Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Magic Carpets of Aladdin - Lines and no need.
6. Swiss Family Treehouse - No need.

Epcot
1. The Living Seas - Too boring for yearly repeat visits.
2. Maelstorm - Same as Peter Pan.
3. Innoventions - Usually not enough time.
4. All World Showcase without rides or shows.

MGM
1. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - Gets a little old after the 10th time. Not very much repeat value.
2. Playhouse Disney - No kids.

AK
1. Tarzan Rocks - Same as Indy.

MicBat

-Hall of Presidents: Im not very political, therefore, it doesn't really interest me.
-Backlot Tour: Been there, done that... many times.
-Tom Sawyer's Island: Never been on it for some reason.
-Some of the country's of WS
-Alien Encounter: I end up doing this everytime I go, even though I'm extremely sick of it!

Sum41Disney03

Original Poster
:) Now that youve lited the attractions you dislike, do you feel some of them need to be reurbished or completley changed so that there would less things to avoid when you go.

I personally think that if they did this it would make it much better, because there would be a lot skipping of attractions.

I do realize though that some ride are small childrens favorites like dumbo and alladins carpets, but they just odnt seem to apeal to older guests.

The thing that i think should be changed is the treehouse. It is just so dumb and a complete waste of valuble time. If they were to change that then they should definitly possibly make it into another ride, such as the indian jones ride in disneyland.

Brooke

i usually skip:
-a lot of things at epcot
-a lot of shows
-tom sawyer
-treehouse
-tiki birds
-dumbo-like rides
-rafiki planet watch
-star tours
-peter pan (i'll maybe go on it if the wait is short but it's always so long)
-toontair fair (usually only there if i need to use the train from tommorrowland)
-hall of pres.
-alien encounter
-speedway (like peter pan, i'll maybe do it if wait is short)
-play disney (never done it so i guess i've always skipped it)
-many more little things..

rokcandy

I skip so many attractions and shows just due to time lol. But I always avoid Moracco, Mexico, and Italy in WS, along w/ The Land Pavilion - which I've only gone to once. In MK, I haven't been on Tiki for years, for obvious reasons, as well as the Jungle Cruise. And I can't even remember the last time I went on Haunted Mansion or Tom Sawyer....never been on Hall of Presidents.
MGM - eh, I must skip about half the stuff here; same w/ AK. But you know, I wouldn't want them to change EVERY ride I skip - there's always something someone doesn't like. Well, maybe Tiki and TS need to go...

It's sad to see so many not like the Swiss Family Treehouse, but I guess that's because it has special meaning to my family...my dad would be in utter shock if they knocked it down or changed it. :(

THX-1701

Account Suspended
at Epcot;

Future World

I usually skip the Living Seas movie and enter through the exit of the pavillion.

World Showcase

I usually skip the movie at Norway after the Maelstrom ride,and the UK pavillion ,because its dull.They should had a ride or show to spruce it up a little instead of bieng just a driking hole for UK traveliers.

wsapooh

I usually skip Epcot altogether. I just have no intrest in science or technology so I would rather spend my time in other parks. I have done World Showcase and did enjoy it. But, I think that's an area I will continue to enjoy only if I do it every few years and not on every trip. We have gone to check out Test Track when it was new and to see Illuminations but otherwise it's been awhile. It is on the agenda this year, however, due to my husband wanting to give it another try. I may have a different opinion then.. who knows..

In MK I skip...
Tom Sawyer Island
Toontown
Mad Hater's Tea Party (gives me a monster headache)
Small World (got stuck in it at age 6 for 45 minutes - traumatized for life. Took 10 years to get the song out of my head)
Tiki Room
Hall of Presidents
Dumbo
Snow White

In AK I skip...
Conservation Station
Camp Minnie Mickey

In DMGM I skip...
Indiana Jones (been there... done that-need to update show)
Sounds Dangerous
Star Tours (until they get a new flight plan)

WDW1971

Originally posted by MicBat
-Hall of Presidents: Im not very political, therefore, it doesn't really interest me.

The show isn't all that political in the contemporary sense of the word. Former President George Bush (he isn't a "Sr." by the way) doesn't get into a verbal battle with President Clinton. The show is a celebration of the office of President of the United States.

WDW1971

Originally posted by Sum41Disney03
The thing that i think should be changed is the treehouse. It is just so dumb and a complete waste of valuble time. If they were to change that then they should definitly possibly make it into another ride, such as the indian jones ride in disneyland.

I totally disagree. I like the treehouse. It's a slow-paced attraction. For those of us that are older and have a fondness for the movie (a Disney classic), the treehouse is a way to step back to a simpler time. Incidentally, every time I've been, the treehouse has been crowded. It's a relatively cheap attraction that doesn't really take up much space. I don't think it will be going away anytime soon.

Personally, I avoid Toontown. We have a 2 1/2 year old son and we'll probably have to do Toontown when we take him for the first time.

Others I pass up:
-Speedway (go-karts on a rail...not really fun)
-Most of Fantasyland, although I do like Peter Pan's Flight somewhat
-Universe of Energy (just boring)
-Star Tours/Body Wars (old technology...just doesn't excite me anymore)

Personally, I don't think any of the ones I avoid should "go away" if there's enough interest to keep them. Someone loves them, even if I don't. Much like the Treehouse is a fond memory for me both as a movie and as an attraction I enjoyed as a child, those attractions hold great memories for someone. Of course, life changes and eventually things change (ala Horizons). Probably one day the Treehouse will disappear because kids who have never seen the movie and don't want to will grow into adults that haven't seen the movie, too. The attraction will lose crowds to more up-to-date stuff and it will go away.

Let's not rush the process.

leeocean

I don't usually find time for the following attractions:

- Wonders of China (seeing it once is enough - unless you have a snorer)

- Oh Canada (ditto)

- Tomorrowland Speedway (wait time plus the fumes when you get back can make you pass out waiting)

- Astro Orbiter (wait time for this 70 second ride is ridonkulous!)

- Wonders of Life (too run down - it's depressing)

- Morocco

- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Playhouse Disney (On both of these - I'm am afraid of the crazy parents who bring their kids crushing people to get front row stroller parking in the Animation Courtyard)

- Camp Minnie-Mickey (I really wanted to get to it last time but it didn't happen)

AndyMagic

Magic Kingdom:
-Magic Carpets of Aladdin/Astro Orbiter - huge line, no fun
-It's a Small World - for obvious reasons
-Jungle Cruise - my vote for worst ride in WDW, not to mention the huge wait!
-Timekeeper - even if it were open.
-The Hall of Presidents - Ugh! Hmm, haven't I seen a much better version of this show called The American Adventure at Epcot. Get rid of this thing. We don't need two shows that are so similar.

Epcot:
-The Living Seas - Nemo, please come save this sad excuse for an attraction
-all of Wonders of Life - every attraction is just so awful.

MGM:
-Indiana Jones - I've just seen it too many times. Still a good show though.
-Backlot Tour - Same as Indiana

Animal Kingdom:
-Rafiki's Planet Watch - what a sad waste of space. :(
-Flights of Wonder - always too hot to bake in the sun.
-Tarzan Rocks - it's just not a very good show.

meeko_33785

I'm willing to do just about everything at WDW, but these are the ones I rarely or never do:

MK:
Tom Sawyer's Island- Never have the time to do it
Cinderella's Golden Carousel- I can ride a carousel anywhere
Hall of Presidents- Just not interesting to me
Alien Encounter- Once was enough. Hope they rehab Stitch into this. It certainly couldn't hurt it.
Carousel of Progress- It's always been closed, seasonal, or under rehab when I'm there. Hopefully I'll be able to take this off the list after seeing it this Summer.

EPCOT:
The Making of Me- Not willing to wait in that long of a line for it.
CircleVision Movies in World Showcase- Once was enough
Universe of Energy- Not a big Ellen fan
Living Seas- There are aquariums across the country that are just as good, if not better, than this

MGM:
Playhouse Disney Live- No kids
Rock N Roller Coaster- Not a coaster fan
Sounds Dangerous- My worst nightmare-- Drew Carry whispering in my ear

AK:
Kali River Rapids- Too wet
Pocahontas Show- Too hot

WDWFREAK53

Magic Kingdom:

1. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway (I boycott this attraction because of the smell and noise pollution...and the lines)
2. Astro Orbiter (unless on Eride night)
3. Swiss Family Treehouse (glorified Stairmaster :lol: jk)
4. Frontierland Shooting Gallery
5. Tom Sawyer Island
6. Riverboat
7. Haunted Mansion (can't stand this attraction)
8. Carousel
9. Barnstormer

EPCOT:
1. Living Seas
2. Universe of Energy (too long)
3. O Canada
4. Impressions de France (not good unless you have a snorer)
5. Reflections of China
6. Maelstrom (we do the ride...just skip the movie)

Disney/MGM Studios
1. Backlot (been there done that)
2. Playhouse Disney (never been attracted to it)
3. Sounds Dangerous (unless we need a filler)

Disney's Animal Kingdom
1. Rafiki's Planet Watch
2. Camp Minnie-Mickey (although...wanted to get to it last time)
3. Triceratop Spin
4. Flights of Wonder

Dwarful

Well our kids are young so we always hit the prime time rides, usually early in the morning or late at night. But there are a few things we skip, not too many though, I always feel like I am missing something if I skip an attraction too many years in a row. Our last trip was 2 weeks so we got to see and do almost everything (except CoP :( as it was closed.

but we have never been on the riverboat or to Tom Sawyers Island. I asked about this last year before our trip and decided to skip it, we regularly go to "Tom & Becky Days" in Hannibal Mo. (home of M.Twain) so I don't feel like we are missing out on anything as the kids have been on Riverboats on the Mississippi and they have been to the same places Mark Twain went to to get his ideas for Tom, Becky, Huck and Injun Joe.

For the number of people that are skipping the speedway shouldn't the lines be shorter? ;)
we always do that one late at night when the line seems to be shorter. (again its because of the kids)

wdwfan22

We always skip the following:

MK
- Main Street Vehicles
- Jungle Cruise
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Hall of Presidents (unless it's really hot)
- Liberty Belle Riverboat
- Dumbo
- Snow White
- All of Toontown

Epcot
- Wonders of Life
- Wonders of China
- Impressions De France
- O Canada

MGM
- Beauty & the Beast
- Voyage of Little Mermaid
- Magic of Animation
- Playhouse Disney
- Backlot Tour
- Millionaire
- Sounds Dangerous
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground

Animal Kingdom
- The Trails
- Rafiki's Planet Watch
- Flights of Wonder
- Tarzan Rocks
- Pocahontas
- Triceratop Spin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom