What do you usually Skip or Avoid during your Trip?

cuteypatooty78

We skipped the One Mans Dream exhibit because my brothers girlfriend didn't want to go to it and we had other things to do...I sure wish we hadn't though. Could someone tell me if now that the 100 years of magic celebration is over they have kept the Walt Disney exhibit? Thanks! :)

EpcoTim

Wow, some people skip a lot of stuff, Id feel bad missing all that.

Heres what I usually skip.

MK
Dumbo (lame)
Aladin (oh s***, werent these elephants yesterday?)
20,000 leagues under the sea.....not because I want to, but because they wont let me.
The Speedway--I inhale enough exhaust fumes, and have more fun on the tram ride in.
Astro orbiter. (oh shoot, they elevated Dumbo)
Buzz lightyear--I cry because DreamFlight used to be there.
Country Bear Jamboree--Reminds of the bar I got beat up at in Texas.
Tom Sawyers island. Saw a kid peeing there once, could never go back, but the ride out there was always fun.

Epcot
Honey I shrunk the kids

MGM
All the shows, though I skip them all over the parks.
Backlot tours--this hasnt been fun in years, and its now painfully obvious whats going to happen n the canyon. "Hey-do you think that cinged truck might catch fire?"

Thats about it. I couldnt live with myself if I skipped any of the countries, or rides. The shows, a few of them I like, but a lot of them I just cant sit through more than once. But all in all, it is all Disney, and if I have the time...theres not a thing there I would willingly pass up. except Dumbo.

MicBat

Originally posted by WDW1971
I totally disagree. I like the treehouse. It's a slow-paced attraction. For those of us that are older and have a fondness for the movie (a Disney classic), the treehouse is a way to step back to a simpler time. Incidentally, every time I've been, the treehouse has been crowded. It's a relatively cheap attraction that doesn't really take up much space. I don't think it will be going away anytime soon.
I definitely agree with you, Skip! The Swiss Family Tree House is place to get away from the hussle and bussle of the rest of the park. Swiss Family Robinson is one of my favorite movies, also, so it's fun to go into a world in which you could once imagine yourself living as a child.

MicBat

Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
We skipped the One Mans Dream exhibit because my brothers girlfriend didn't want to go to it and we had other things to do...I sure wish we hadn't though. Could someone tell me if now that the 100 years of magic celebration is over they have kept the Walt Disney exhibit? Thanks! :)
I believe that they have kept open One Man's Dream at MGM... I hope so, anyway! I would love to walk through that again. None of my friends wanted to go with me to One Man's Dream, so I just went alone! :)

SpongeScott

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Magic Kingdom:

1. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway (I boycott this attraction because of the smell and noise pollution...and the lines)
2. Astro Orbiter (unless on Eride night)
3. Swiss Family Treehouse (glorified Stairmaster :lol: jk)
4. Frontierland Shooting Gallery
5. Tom Sawyer Island
6. Riverboat
7. Haunted Mansion (can't stand this attraction)
8. Carousel
9. Barnstormer

Agreed on all these, Brian, except for Haunted Mansion. Have a reason/story behind this?

pjammer

Im so sad to see so many skiping my beloved Wonders of Life. If you have never seen Cranium Command then I suggest seeing it. I can understand maybe not wanting to ride Body Wars...but going into Wonders for Cranium is reason enough for me. Cranium Command is just a funny show, and its not like you don't have anything better to do with your day at Epcot anyways. What do you want to catch all five shows of Mo Rockin' or something. And if you can't find any humor in Cranium Command you must have a dull sense of humor.

VinnieG

I usually Skip and avoid:
Swiss Family Treehouse
Tom Sawyers Island
Alladin Carpet Ride
Dumbo
HISTA
Living Seas
Space Mountain
Alien Encounter
All Parades

kennyj29

SKipped attractions

Magic Kingdom - Tree House, Dumbo and Aladdins because they are the same thing, Autotopia, Country Bears(see it all the time just tired of it), Astro Orbiter

Epcot - Wonders of Life and all the movies in the countries.

MGM - Bear in the Big Blue House and Little Mermaid

Animal Kingdom - Triceratop Spin

Clemster

Originally posted by THX-1701

World Showcase

I usually skip the movie at Norway after the Maelstrom ride,and the UK pavillion ,because its dull.They should had a ride or show to spruce it up a little instead of bieng just a driking hole for UK traveliers.

But the UK is dull and full of drinking holes! If you made it more exciting then it wouldn't represent the UK.

Fido

There are many things I skip every time I visit, but Hall of Presidents is #1 on that list. I haven't seen HOP since the '70s! On the other hand, I'm surprised a lot of you skip Morocco. We always make it a point to wander the back alleys there, since I'm a sucker for that architecture.
Since there isn't a ride I guess I can understand the temptation to skip it I suppose...

WDWFREAK53

Re: SKipped attractions

Originally posted by kennyj29
Dumbo and Aladdins because they are the same thing

Can we name this quote?

"How to bring a tear to Freaky's eye in one phrase or less" :cry:

(jk)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by SpongeScott
Agreed on all these, Brian, except for Haunted Mansion. Have a reason/story behind this?

Hehe, I was just seeing how many people would catch it :) It's my favorite attraction of all time!

(Honestly Scott and MicBat...do you possibly think that I could post even ONCE seriously???)

kellydisney

If I had my choice, I'd never skip anything except for Innoventions and the Wonders of Life Pavilion. But these are the things that I miss due to default and the reasons why.

EPCOT
- Wonders of Life Pavilion - gross, that ride makes me sick
- Innoventions - we usually go, boyfriend likes it...
**Completely confused on why ANYONE would skip the world showcase...

Magic Kingdom
- Tomorrowland Speedway - I want to go, boyfriend doesn't... long lines make me drop the argument before it began
- Teacups - I want to go, boyfriend will puke on me...
- Astro Orbiter - see Teacups
- Aladdin's Carpets - see Teacups
- Tom Sawyer's Island - We've been once... always on the agenda but never get over there.
- Timekeeper - not thrilled about this attraction
- Main Street transport - I'd love to but they never seem to be there when we are
- Hall of Presidents - sometimes we go to cool off. Not because we like it. I also heard that one of the presidents was real so we always try to figure out which one... but I think it's a lie.
- Swiss Family Treehouse - I'm lazy.

MGM
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid - but I do like it, it's cute
- Playhouse Disney - I don't like that rollie pollie thing but I should check it out at least once
- Star Wars - see teacups

Animal Kingdom
- Conservation Station - I'd like to but we always forget
- Pochahontas and her Forest Friends
- Lion King Show - on both of these, we didn't even know they were there and found out too late on our last vacation! Now we will go for sure next time :)

Honestly, I am up for anything and everything at these parks and only skip two things because I actually don't like them.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Hehe, I was just seeing how many people would catch it :) It's my favorite attraction of all time!

(Honestly Scott and MicBat...do you possibly think that I could post even ONCE seriously???)
well, somewhere hidden under the bowels of the freaky exterior is a soft and serious side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom