What Do You Think The Scariest Ride Is At WDW?

The Mom

Premium Member
I will not ride ToT, so that has to be the scariest for me. I haven't ridden EE yet, but probably will do so. ToT is scary because of the context of the attraction - I've had nightmares about elevators for years. I have no problem with real ones, just haunted ones.

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
I a such a wuss that I am normally the one that holds the bags when people go on rides. But for my trip in feb its only me and my husband so I can't get out of it, so I have a plan....you tube.
I have been watching some of the rides on you tube so i am prepared ;) Sad..eh?

I now think I have to add dinosaur to the list :(

TakeMeThere81

There isn't a single ride in WDW that can (or should) be considered "scary".

You obviously have never been down SUMMIT PLUMMET!! That slide had me shaking when I got off of it, and I LOVE thrill rides! Nothing is holding you down except for Gs and there is this horrible feeling of being way out of control as you literally plummet to your death!!..I mean, the bottom.

I was never scared of any ride until our last trip in May. I've always been a little trepidatious about going on splash, because I used to have this nightmare where the cars were all lined up at the bottom of the hill going up the big drop, and the timing was off, and at the bottom of the big drop, they just crashed into each other flipping us over and trapping us under them in the water...
Soooo, last time we went, on the last day of our trip, we rode Splash, for like the 10th time that trip, and my 5 year old and I were in the front, with DH and the 9 year old behind us. We go down that first little drop, and the front of the freakin log goes COMPLETELY under water. We're talking, my son and I soaked up to our butts, legs totally submerged, and the water's not draining... our log is now dragging butt in the water in the front. None of us are big people, I'm 125 soaking wet (which I was at that point) and all I can think is that by the time we get to the big drop, we are going to flip over. Every little hill we went over, we filled more with water, and as we're going up the big hill, I'm gauging the side and whether of not I should jump out and walk down the escape stairs. Obviously I decided if it was my time, then so be it, and we lived, but it was the scariest time I've ever had on a disney ride...
Except for waiting for Illuminations on the bridge by the boat launch in a lightening storm holding umbrellas... that was scary too...

RnR and Tot are my two favorite rides :)

EPCOTPluto

Actually, I must take back my first post here.

There is one attraction I am not scared of, but rather nervous of: Rock N' Roller Coaster.

Never ridden it, and always wanted to. But I freak out once I am at that courtyard...

GoochDSA

Currently I don't find any ride at WDW "scary". However, the 6-year-old me would have to say it was Captain EO (insert Michael Jackson joke her). But seriously, it was because there was a part when the Witch Queen did this move with her fingers that still bugs me out when I think of it. As a kid that was the scariest ride at WDW.

True story though, my girlfriend (22) was scared by The Seas with Nemo & Friends the first time she road it, not once, but twice.... by the same neon fish. And I don't mean just startled, I'm talking full out scared.

EPCOTPluto

True story though, my girlfriend (22) was scared by The Seas with Nemo & Friends the first time she road it, not once, but twice.... by the same neon fish. And I don't mean just startled, I'm talking full out scared.
Do you know why? :shrug:

And as a toddler, I am sure Captain EO would've been terrifying. Watching it a few weeks ago, it still retains that charm...

GoochDSA

Do you know why? :shrug:

And as a toddler, I am sure Captain EO would've been terrifying. Watching it a few weeks ago, it still retains that charm...

It was that neon fish that spins around, and it happened to just get to her twice. I think the first time she was startled and the second time she reached being flat out scared. She squeezed my arm pretty tight and started to tear.

I still tease her about it cause looking back she can laugh at herself.

She just scares really easily which is a lot of fun for me (I know, I'm mean.)

EPCOTPluto

It was that neon fish that spins around, and it happened to just get to her twice. I think the first time she was startled and the second time she reached being flat out scared. She squeezed my arm pretty tight and started to tear.
You mean this neon fish?

finding_nemo_dory_marlin_angler_fish.jpg

:dazzle: I see what you mean.

DisneyJunkie

You obviously have never been down SUMMIT PLUMMET!! That slide had me shaking when I got off of it, and I LOVE thrill rides! Nothing is holding you down except for Gs and there is this horrible feeling of being way out of control as you literally plummet to your death!!..I mean, the bottom.

To the contrary.....my original statement stands: There is NOTHING in WDW that can (or should) be considered "scary".

draybook

To the contrary.....my original statement stands: There is NOTHING in WDW that can (or should) be considered "scary".

Except that not all people are alike, so that statement is false.

I too am a wuss, so when it comes to thrill rides, I'm holding everyone's stuff and waiting by the exit. My son is pretty much the same way, so at least I have company.

The thing is that it's not that thrill rides would make me sick as much as it is that they make me tense and I start to hyperventilate. I remember doing BTMRR at DL when I was about 12 or 13 twice in a row and it went pretty well. Then I did it again at WDW last September(at age 30) and I was crouched down in the seat the whole time.

DisneyGigi

^ Agreed.. It is the only scary one for me. Reason being I am terrified of elevators, they totally freak me out. Made myself ride ToT again last trip after being traumatized the first time :ROFLOL:and I must say that after 6 rides I still screamed like a baby!

dave1105

I would have to say TOT, I have not yet been on EE so that may be a possibility as well. Hope to get a chance to ride it next time we are there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom