What Do You Think is in Phase Two for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge?

Sneakman

I doubt either will give. GE already has plots built in for expansion. Muppetvision is an eternal tribute to Henson and helps give Muppets (a merch mover) a presence in parks. Star Tours is forever iconic and represents the OT and PT.

It is more likely GE folds than those two.

0.0001%>0.00001% is true, afterall.
I hope your right. Tbh if that’s what they’re gonna do, I think they should at least retheme mama Melrose and baseline tap house to muppets, and all of grand avenue to an extent. Henson avenue? They could make star tours part of echo lake if it isn’t already. It’s right next to Indy too. Retheme backlot to a lucasfilm/ILM where house, and boom, the three attractions are celebrations of lucasfilm!
( I am no professional)

Attachments

• IMG_2904.gif
    IMG_2904.gif
    903 KB · Views: 24

MouseEarsMom33

I doubt either will give. GE already has plots built in for expansion. Muppetvision is an eternal tribute to Henson and helps give Muppets (a merch mover) a presence in parks. Star Tours is forever iconic and represents the OT and PT.

Muppets always seems empty when I am there. I know this is not a popular opinion, but it seems like they need to update Muppets or change to something else.

TheRealSkull

Do we really want half of the park to be Star Wars? That is a lot of real estate. Yes, Star Tours should have connected but that spaceship has sailed. Just add more life to the lifeless SWL and all will be well. Two smaller C tickets and more walk around characters would do wonders.

Leave the muppets alone!
Honestly, they should have figured out a way to put SWGE in the Echo Lake Indiana Jones Space connecting to Star Tours, and if needed expand out into the parking lot. They could've done it. That whole area that still sits there today is such a hot mess and deserves better. Then the Streets of America and Lights Motor Action area could have become a brand new land connecting to Toy Story Land.

DHS is still far from a great park. They need to address the Animation Courtyard, expand out into that area, and replace the Echo Lake/Indiana Jones area with something better and not be afraid to expand out into the parking lot. It just needs more.

Sneakman

I do hope you are right. I just feel like if star wars gets super successful, plans may get too big for the plot, and therefore: “bye bye muppets”. I do think it’s a location problem and not an attraction problem. Star tours and muppets are essential smaller attractions for a park needing more of rides like them. I’ve come to accept the muppets will never get a second ride at wdw, but I hope muppets sticks around. I do think the Jim Henson aspect gives it a lot of ground, but I don’t think it makes muppetvision immortal. It’s attendance and location worry me.

Sneakman

I wonder if muppet studios would still exist today if it was fully built in the 90s? The concept of that and roger rabbit land were super ahead of its time.

HauntedMansionFLA

Honestly, they should have figured out a way to put SWGE in the Echo Lake Indiana Jones Space connecting to Star Tours, and if needed expand out into the parking lot. They could've done it. That whole area that still sits there today is such a hot mess and deserves better. Then the Streets of America and Lights Motor Action area could have become a brand new land connecting to Toy Story Land.

DHS is still far from a great park. They need to address the Animation Courtyard, expand out into that area, and replace the Echo Lake/Indiana Jones area with something better and not be afraid to expand out into the parking lot. It just needs more.
They were going to do that until Kennedy involved and wanted it focused on her Star Wars.

doctornick

I’d expect a TSR first.

Maybe.
That would be the beyond obvious next thing to do for SWGE especially with the space already there earmarked for such an establishment.

Do that and live entertainment and add some “plussing” like moving droids and the land is a good bit improved with relatively small investment

C33Mom

The only logical reason I can think for this is that they are designing a new Star Wars attraction for Paris (or Hong King?) and want to include it at DHS as well and Muppets Courtyard is the only place they can logically fit it in (incorporating Star Tours would be a byproduct and not the primary reason for the inclusion).
I’ve seen people suggesting a SW coaster is coming to DLP… I don’t think I would kill for a great SW coaster…but I’d at least think about it for a bit. 🤔

Let’s save the muppets and bring it to SWGE at DLR instead. 😀

rd805

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the only area in the entire park that does not require an expansion or large scale development. Case closed.

An actual restaurant - like TSL recently received, is a no-brainer expansion without expanding all that much.
Add in the possibility of character dining with neat characters (Boba Fett, Ahsoka, Mando, - cut the time line crap and give us characters) and it's a slam dunk, big money maker.

Makes too much sense for it not to happen (which is why it won't).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom