What do you miss the most ? Now that it is gone from WDW?

Kuhio

Where do I even start?

Pretty much everything everyone else has listed already, but in particular:

The original Journey Into Imagination
Magic Journeys
Kitchen Kabaret
World of Motion

And smaller features, like the farmer's market theme of the Land food court, the magic shop on Main Street, SMRT-1 in CommuniCore... and Orange Bird.

Fun2BFree

I miss the Castle Cake (y'know, actually.), Superstar TV, River Country, Alien Encounter and World of Motion. :cry:

This is a sad thread. What about all that Disney-esque attitude about always moving on? :lol:

kreiderr

The Lion King, Tarzan, and Hunchback

I read through several pages and didn't see this attraction listed. The Lion King attraction in Fantasy Land was really well done. Phillharmagic is very entertaining, but I remember taking my two year old to see the Lion King and the combination of puppetry and movies made her eyes light up. In fact, I'd have to say I liked this version of the Lion King much better than the Festival of the Lion King over in the Animal Kingdom.
Here comes another more controversial choice. I miss Tarzan Rocks. Come on... you have to admit that the Elmo show is just about as corny as it gets and the music from Tarzan is great. I also miss the Hunchback show at MGM. Once, again just great music and staging. I always liked the Hunchback show better than the Beauty and the Best show that they kept.

Nansafan

What I miss most is the Animation Tour at MGM. The movie with Robin Williams being a Lost Boy was terrific. We loved seeing animators working and the whole feel of the place. The ending movie montage always brought a tear to my eye from "Bambi, your mother will cannot be with you anymore" to the closing of the book "and they lived happily ever after." Disney animation at its finest!

BrittanyRose428

mr toads wild ride... was my favorite ride when i was younger, then we went back one year and it was gone :eek: i wish i was older and used the computer so i would have seen it coming :brick:

phenom1307

oh snap and i forgot....the original living seas, i just thought it was fun just sitting there and go through the huge aquarium....the seas with nemo & friends sucks

chels26

around these boards, it's pretty cliche to say this, but it's true. i miss the original journey into imagination. As a kid, every time we went to WDW the trip wasn't complete with out going on it. and every trip, my dad made it a point to video tape it. I'm glad he did for those nostalgic reasons but.. it's still not the same as riding it.

RayLaVeau

hehe I miss me bein there!:p
But seriously I do Miss Horizons and I know alot of others do as well..
It had a real "field trip" type atmosphere to it...in that educational type sense that Epcot stands for..I really felt the kids actually learned alot there.

spectrodanny

Ok alot of yo Floridians will probably hate me for choosing this but...The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown. we lost this GREAT version of the bears 6 years ago and i miss it SO much. I'd love to see WDW do a 3-show rotation like Tokyo but until they get a sponsor I can only dream.:(

comics101

I'd have to say Food Rocks. It doesn't matter how corny that show was, I just loved it!

They oughta make an updated one somewhere, only this time include Elvis...

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
I forgot..again

oh snap and i forgot....the original living seas, i just thought it was fun just sitting there and go through the huge aquarium....the seas with nemo & friends sucks

I Forgot a lot:brick: I remember asking a CM what happened to the ride and I was told about the new clam shell...

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
Goodness is it possiable I forgot my whole childhood?

anyone remember the magic shop on main street? it was awesome! I was filled with awe as a kid! The best is that my dad bought me this 'invisible dog leash' and it was a leash w/ strong wire in it so it looked like you're walking...an invisible dog! ahaha
http://www.amazon.com/INVISIBLE-DOG-ON-A-LEASH/dp/B0006GK8GE

I miss all of these things. I remember going to that magic shop. when I take me family to WDW I point out that is where ... used to be my 4 year old says "it's different now daddy let's go see. I will show you come on" :king:Through the eyes of a child ?

hrcollectibles

I also miss (this is totally dating me) but as a kid you used to be able to take 'old-timey' portraits by dressing up as pirates (in front of POTC)! My family did one a long long time ago and I'd kill to have that photo...I was pretty sad when i went and didnt see it as an adult. I would've loved to send one of those to my family for an christmas present!

anyone miss captain EO? yup, me neither! lol
*give it 5 years and replace captain EO w/ stitch's great escape* LOL!

Umm they are going to replace stitch with an Animatronic Michael Jackson....Now that i scary

I miss Horizons
World Of Motion
The Original JII
Sky Buckets..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom