What do you miss the most ? Now that it is gone from WDW?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Lots of things that I miss...

Rides -- Alien Encounter and World of Motion.

Shows -- Superstar Television, the Monster Sound Show, and the (dating myself) Mickey Mouse Review.

Sounds -- Walter Cronkite, both in SSE and the Animation Tour at the Studios. The kid saying "Extra, Extra, New York Daily" in SSE.

The original pre-show from Universe of Energy, with the turning screens.

Timekeeper, which didn't stay nearly as long as it should have.

Heck, I even miss Communicore, but only for nostalgia's sake.

KaliSplash

What do I miss most? At the Magic Kingdom, it would have to be the Main Street Electrical Parade.
At Epcot, while I greatly miss Cronkite's narration of Space Ship Earth, I truly miss both Horizons and World of Motion.
At Disney's Hollywood Studios, Superstar TV.
At Disney's Animal Kingsom, it's ... it's ... it's ... The Discovery River Boats? :rolleyes:

alya922

For me, there are ones that have already been mentioned...Horizons, World of Motion, the original Imagination...I also really miss Kitchen Kabaret, The Hunchback of Notre Dame show, the old look and food of the Land with the umbrellas and such, the side streets on Main Street before it became one long strip mall, and Ohana before the recent food changes...ahh memories! lol! :)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I miss SuperStar TV, the Sword in the Stone show, World of Motion, 20,000, and the old EPCOT Center poll.

I forgot about that one. I loved it when Epcot first opened. They should bring it back as the post-show to SSE -- much better than the strange collection of things that is there now.

PeeplMoovr

what I really miss so much were all the topiaries that existed by the TTC you would see on the monorail as it departed on its way to MK. They used to have so many spread out everywhere by the TTC.

I was going to say the same thing.
And Horizons. :)

I have some home video from the 70s of these topiaries taken from the monorail ride.

the-reason14

I really miss Horizons. I enjoy Mission:Space alot, but I really miss Horizons, it was just such a great attraction. WOM, I never really got to ride it and remember exactly what was in it, I rode it but was so young and impatient I aint pay enough attention, but I wish I could go back in time and really enjoy that attraction. Mr. Toad, never got to do it, but really wish I had, so I miss it too. A:E, like toad never got to do it, but really want to now since I heard how much better it was than SGE is now. So those are my missed attractions.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I really miss Horizons. I enjoy Mission:Space alot, but I really miss Horizons, it was just such a great attraction. WOM, I never really got to ride it and remember exactly what was in it, I rode it but was so young and impatient I aint pay enough attention, but I wish I could go back in time and really enjoy that attraction. Mr. Toad, never got to do it, but really wish I had, so I miss it too. A:E, like toad never got to do it, but really want to now since I heard how much better it was than SGE is now. So those are my missed attractions.

Go to Disneyland, and you can indeed still do Mr. Toad. Pooh kicked out the Country Bears there, so Toad Hall still survives.

tirian

1. Alien Encounter.

2. Original merchandise that was land-specific...not princess crap.

3. The original Journey into Imagination.

4. EPCOT Center landscaping (before metal and canvas conquered Innoventions Plaza).

5. This is going to seem odd, but I miss when WDW was contented to be itself and didn't try to please every group/faction/party that went there. I miss the Easter parade and the free American Flag pins on July 4th. Don't get me wrong. Disney still makes a BIG deal out of holidays. But some things (especially cancelling the Easter parade) are so "PC" that they ignore the majority of Guests in favor of a few.

6. I miss the frequent upgrades that the MK got before its current management started counting beans. I'm happy that we're getting much-needed refurbs, but they should have been done long ago.

believeinmagic

While I miss many of the rides that used to be there.. I miss Journey into the Imagination, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and Food Rocks the most. (The milk carton that sang "We'll be Part of You" was always my favorite...) :(

Brian_WDW74

The original Journey Into Imagination...the parrot perched on the wall outside the entrance to Pirates of the Carribean ((we used to take pics under him every visit, now it's just a hidden mickey there))...

For anyone not aware, that parrot is now located in the World of Disney Store at DTD. :)

Brian_WDW74

I miss:

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (the one at DL is nice, but it only has one track)
The Skyway
The Main Street Cinema and the Magic Shop
If You Had Wings
Those cool touch screens at Epcot that let you talk to CMs
Communicore

And probably others I can't think of right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom