What do you look forward to when going..?

egionet

I definitely look forward to hearing "Welcome Home" upon arriving at Old Key West. Also this next trip I'm really, really looking forward to playing in Fantasyland now that I'm not on the CP in F-land anymore!!!

Tara Mae

What I look forward to is when I'm driving on the way to Disney, and on the road, if you look just right, you can see the Earful Tower. *Or the Mickey Dome as I call it. ;)* That is the hilite of what I look foward to.
Also, the "Welcome Home" at Old Key West...that's something else I look forward to.
And driving through the paytolls into Disney, with teh big Disney signs, we have arrived when we do that. *Sadly, we take the roundabout way, sometimes. :(*

K-dub

For us, It's always been the first ride on Pirates. We weren't actually on vacation til we heard those first strains of "Yo Ho, Yo Ho,.......".

BUT, the past several trips, it's been evolving into a combination of, walking into the AKL or WL lobby and all the ambience those 2 lobbies smack you down with. The great Epcot entrance area music and the and feelings of anticipation of fun/excitement that only a few more steps forwards will bring. And of course, that first ride on "Pirates"!!:sohappy::sohappy:

TikiGod

When I was a kid it was my dad singing the 'It's a Small World Song'

......oops this was things you look forward to. :hammer:

For me it's walking through the gates of the Magic Kingdom and have the whole Disney experience hit me right between the eyes.

the-reason14

What do I, "the reason", look forward to the most on vacation?

Good question, well, there's just so much, how do I fit it all in one post. Lets see, I look forward to the purple signs, the 4 disney icons, the best of the best attractions in all 4 parks, the music, the total feeling the imagineers wanted the guest to feel with the theming. The laid back, "Im on vacation" atmosphere. My everday worries and stressful situations that magically disapear when I see the Welcome to the Walt Disney World resort sign. But something I really really look forward to(esp. on the whole family vacations like this summer :sohappy: ) Is spending time with my family, and reliving all the things from yester year that made us pay a whole lotta $$$ to go back year after year.

And that my friends is what I look forward to the most. :cool:

Pongo

I look forward to the sound of crunching gravel in the Fort Wilderness campsites. Or, if I'm staying at the All-Star Sports, the feel of the night air when I first step out of the car.

I know that I've finally made it when I trip over the tracks that go down Main Street (it never fails to get me every time).

When that certain weight gets magically lifted off my shoulders.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
What do you look forward to when going..?

So many....
1. The big grin ear to ear on my wife and kids when we finally cross under that sign that signifies that all the "stuff" you deal with daily was dropped off as you crossed under.
2. Seeing that first resort bus while we are on our way to wherever we are staying.
3. Checking in and seeing all those poor souls who are having to leave. (Well I dont really look forward to it, cause I know in a few days, I will be one of those poor souls.
4. Beating it to Pirates and smelling that musty smell in the que.
aurora_25 said:
5. Seeing the Castle
6. That first monorail ride.
7. That feeling of walking into the Emporium on mainstreet and saying, what do I have to buy and where is it.
8. Cosmic Rays.....
9. The excitement as you enter the que line under Spaceship Earth.
10. And so, so much more..... :D

Sledge

Account Suspended
hakunamatata said:
4. Beating it to Pirates...

What? :eek: What does that really mean?

--------------

I really need to try a Dole Whip. I've never had one before but from what I have heard they sound awesome. :)

dixiegirl

Original Poster
DisneySam said:
Sorry I thought of another one to add to mine earlier....I always love the music and just the atmosphere on Main Street USA and Hollywood Blvd. at MGM.

As corny as it sounds, when I am on the big ferry boat riding to the MK I swear my eyes fill up with tears just with all the build up and anticipation I think...

This makes me wish I were going this weekend!

no your not that corny,, i'm just as bad..as soon as i walk up main street and that beautiful castle is in my view, i fill up . ca'nt help it...that whole place, makes you feel like a kid all over again...9 more days....till that feeling..although in disney...i cry over just about anything...especially hearing the children's voices in the wishes firework show...

Sledge

Account Suspended
I seriously didn't/don't know what else he meant by that. :lol: I'm not trying to be gross or anything but I really have no other idea about what he could have meant.

BTW, the smell in PotC is awesome. That's one of my favorite things at Disney.

crazydaveh

Many things get me excited...

Like many others, passing through the archway...

Parking my car at the resort knowing I don't have to deal with traffic for a while!

Enjoying a beer in every country!

Making sure I experience all five drops on ToT!

Seeing Donald! He's the man!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom