What do you like to do on your arrival day?

Susan Savia

We usually arrive about 3pm, check into our room, unpack, and drive over to Epcot and ride Spaceship Earth and Test Track and catch Off Kilter then return to our room for a nice rest and next day begin our two weeks of fun.

timoteo

When I get to the Disney resort I find a secluded place and kiss the ground. Then lunch at the resort usually, the maybe swim and go to the park later for a nighttime parade show, fireworks fantasmic and easy does it things with no lines.

mep517

We take the red-eye from the West Coast, sleep on the plane and usually arrive around 10am. Lunch at the resort, followed by a nice leisurely stroll around the Beach Club/Boardwalk Area with plenty of time for the kids to play in the sand and swim. Dinner at Epcot, a few quick attractions (and a half-yard of Bass in UK) and off to bed!

acishere

Original Poster
I was thinking of heading to DTD after we dropped our stuff in the room and get dinner, but I always feel disappointed when I see PI all closed down. So this trip I'm considering just not going there entirely. Plus we have reservations in Mexico the next day so we might as well eat fast food on arrival day and save the money for dinner and tequila flights.

draybook

Since we always save Disney for last during the trip, we're moving from an off-site hotel to on-site resort. After we check in(around 11am), we get all of our junk into the room and usually either go to DtD or hit Cocoa Beach.

It will be the same this September. We'll check into FQ, then head to Cocoa Beach and then DtD that night.

majorrfb

For us it is always off the DTD and complete all our shopping. Back to our hotel and then off to the California Grill for dinner. For the last three years we celebrated our wedding anniversary and my birthday. Then, the rest of the vacation is Disney uninterupted. :sohappy:

pixiesteno

We usually arrive around mid-day when we take the RV, so far we have been lucky enough to have a site ready when we arrive so it is set up time for the RV and site, settle in, have a bite to eat at lunch, take a swim and have dinner at Cooke's of Dublin at DTD!!! Yum.
If we don't drive it is still about mid-day when we arrive, check-in, unpack, have a bite of lunch, swim, dinner at DTD - uhmmm, seems like a trend here. No matter how or when we get there, the site of all the road signs going from green/white to purple with orange letter just makes life better!

Lisalyn

Depends but this year going over the Holidays with a friend who has never been for all the Christmas goodies! So taking an early flight, heading to the AoA Little Mermaid Room, unpack and get situated...and heading to Disney Hollywood Studios for dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe and Osborne Lights! Psyched about both and can't wait! That is only day 1 !!:lol:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Early flight then MK. It is definitely a tradition for us That first walk down Main Street is the best. Great topic. This is really getting me pumped for my short visit next week.

steviej

we have a tradition that's very specific, we usually stay at okw, and after check in, we eat lunch at olivia's, then it's off to mk, where we ride small world, followed by peter pan, and then haunted mansion, but ol stevie j is in a serious relationship now with a fellow disney lover, so some new traditions i'm sure are on the way!

toolsnspools

Depends on how much day we have left. Our flights are never the same. If we get there early enough, we'll head out to a park. We generally like to spend more than 1 day at EPCOT and MK, so they're high on the list for the first day. I always like a good nighttime show on the first and last nights, so those parks work well in that category.

If we get there later in the evening, a trip to DTD is the norm. We like to fly on weekdays, if possible, so we enjoy the nighttime at DTD on a day when it's not completely packed.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We always get the earliest possible flight in (and latest out).
I can't fathom paying all the money we do and losing a day on either end traveling.

We're usually there by noon so we check in and head right for the MK.
This past year for the very first time we hit DHS first because we were planning EMH at MK that night.
111 more days! Can't wait.

KCheatle

We usually get to the resort right about 3pm. Then we like to head to Chef Mickey's so that we can meet all of the essential characters right off the bat and avoid park lines to meet them. Then we ride the Mono over to MK to get some shopping on Main street done (i.e., load the room with treats from the Main Street Bakery and Main Street Confectionary and get our shirts for the next day). Usually we're back on the boat to the hotel (Wilderness Lodge) before the fireworks because the kiddos need sleep before we come back bright and early for the Opening Ceremony. It's a nice way to kick start the trip!!

toolsnspools

We always get the earliest possible flight in (and latest out).
I can't fathom paying all the money we do and losing a day on either end traveling.

Generally speaking I'd agree, but we also try to extend the vacation by flying late Thursday after the kids get out of school, and then skipping school the Friday before a one week vacation. Thursday flights are cheaper and it buys you all day Friday and Saturday morning. You come out ahead of the game.

tink27

after getting to the airport at 5.30am and a 9 1/2 hour flight we enjoy nothing better than kicking off our holiday after dumping our bags at the villa by heading straight to DTD for an earl and then heading to goofy's for some treats and a glacier and soaking up the atmosphere whilst walking around, and if we are lucky seeing wishes whilst being stood on the wall looking out over the lake :) 150 days, november 6th cannot come fast enough!!

dave&di

We arrive around 6pm after a 9 hr flight and a LONG day so after checking in we shower and change and then generally just look around the resort and have something to eat! I'm generally in bed by 10pm!!!

MagicMegan

We always try to get there early also so we have a full day. If we do get there late, we usually get settled in, walk around the resort and gift shop, then normally head down to DTD and get dinner there and do a lot of window or real shopping. :)

jlevis

We drive and usually get to Orlando between 2 and 4PM. We'll check into the timeshare then shop for groceries. We'll get something for the grill have a relaxing dinner, hit the pool and hot tub and relax after to rest up for the parks the next day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom