What Disney name would you name your kids?

disneydudette

Folks, in all honesty, just remember that kids are very impressionable at a young age, and also, kids are very mean at a young age. While there are plenty of respectable Disney-related names, some of you parents are gift wrapping ammo for schoolyard bullies to use against your children.
Be careful.
That's just my opinion, of course...

I couldn't disagree more...

If it's not their name, it will be what they wear, thier favorite toy, what they play at recess, how well they do (or don't do) in school, or their disney obsessed parents. Bullies are bullies...

A name will last a life time... a playground bully lasts a few years. Not to mention that nowadays... there is no such thing as "traditional" anymore... your more likely to run into a Dexter or Skylar before you'll ever find a John or Mary. It's pretty hard to make fun when your name is just as unique/different as the next kid's. :lol:

I forgot to add the name "Sawyer" to the list (Tom Sawyer's Island)...

Disneykidder

I had a student in my class named Kiara a few years ago. She did say that her mom let her older sister name her and loved Lion King 2.

I am a big Beauty and the Beast fan. I've always loved the name Belle. I thought i'd name my daughter Isabella and call her Belle for short. Well, I have a son and another son on the way and if my son in the womb was a girl he would have been Emma. :)

NEmickeyfan

:brick::dazzle::(:confused::eek::zipit::mad::veryconfu:lookaroun:hurl:
Yup, that pretty much sums up some of these answers.
Folks, in all honesty, just remember that kids are very impressionable at a young age, and also, kids are very mean at a young age. While there are plenty of respectable Disney-related names, some of you parents are gift wrapping ammo for schoolyard bullies to use against your children.
Be careful.
So, you are saying "Pumbaa" is probably not a good choice?? Dang, little Timon will be so disappointed.

mainstreet1997

The only relation I can remember is from Club Cool at Epcot... one of the fountain drinks is named Kinley... it tastes like Sprite :slurp:

Pic from allears.net:
cc55.jpg

And if you have another girl will you name her Beverly?

jjbuster2

We have 2 dogs: Belle and Daisy...the daughter got away with a non-Disney name but i might consider Gaston for a boy. Of course, depending on behavior Beast might be appropriate.

:)

pcarathers

We have a nephew named christopher bryan, but i always call him christopher robin..kinda favors him too! He loved crystal palace when we took him a couple of years ago, so somehow, it fit to me! We also have a dachshund named zeus....we tried to get our son to name him slink from toy story, but he liked zeus better....

Buried20KLeague

Yup, that pretty much sums up some of these answers.
Be careful.

Agreed... That's why we thought it through pretty well and made sure we weren't playing with fire with the name Kinley. We couldn't really think of any way that it could obviously be made fun of, and 99% of people (probably even more than that) wouldn't know the tie-in to Disney parks.

Plus is works pretty darn good with our last name. :animwink:

But I agree that people should be careful. Bullies will be bullies no matter what, but you might as well be careful of what ammunition you give them up front. :lol:

Texas84

My Grandmother's name is Minnie. Really. Not Minerva. Minnie. Everyone in her retirement village has some kind of statue on their mailbox. I got her a really cool Minnie Mouse for her mailbox. Wish I could find a picture.

Huck

Someone checked into Crystal Palace on Monday as the Thomas Jafar family. I started to chuckle, but then I wasn't sure so i kept it in.

kcw

I actually have a girl in my class named Ariel... as soon as I learned her name, I knew she'd be a favorite student :animwink: not that I pick favorites or anything... :D

and I think Kinley is a super cute name, definitely one to add to my list for when I have kids of my own!

mickey7879

Tyler

We named our son Tyler.....and here is how it is linked to a Disney name......

One of my husband's favorite rides is Rock n' Roller Coaster staring Aerosmith with singer.....Steven Tyler. So, there is the name Tyler with a Disney connection.

Really, that is the way we came to get the name Tyler. We were thinking of boy Disney names and couldn't really come up with any that we liked.

For girls names we have Jasmine, Anastasia and Ariel picked out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom