What Disney item or items do you have that you look at at and say " Oh I love that"?

WDWFigment

This is kinda related b/c IF I had this, I would LOVE it :ROFLOL:

I'm dying to get a really big Steamboat Willie figure that I saw once on ebay and didn't buy b/c I'm obviously an idiot.:brick: Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Does anyone know where I could find it? It was listed as "rare" so I'm guessing it's pretty hard to get. But if anyone knows of one, pls let me know.

The Steamboat Willie big fig was released in 2002 at DLR and WDW. It was retired that same year. You should have bought it when you had the chance, because they only appear on eBay (as far as I've noticed) about once a year or so. Again, with big figs this old, be prepared to throw down if you expect to win the auction ($400-700).

If you don't want to search eBay every day for the next year, save this search query and set it to give you daily updates (if there are any). I've tested it for a while, and it works very well (well, I've tested the tail end, I added the "steamboat" part for you): (steamboat, "steam boat") (disney, disneyland, disneyworld, wdw) (big, large, tall) (fig, figure, figurine, sculpture, statue) -italian

...Some of you will notice there's "one" on eBay right now. That's not it...

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
My absolute top Disney item would have to be my friends old cast member pin, she works at Disneyland and gave me her pin on my last trip, I totally love it.

PineapplePrincess

DH likes to find unusual Disney jewelry for me. He got me a Swarovski bracelet with hidden mickeys on it, and a ruby & diamond tennis bracelet where the rubies form hidden Mickeys. I love them both!

WIX

My collection of Disney pens. I have over 50, give or take a few, and I love them. i have so many different kinds ~from attractions, characters, parks, years etc. )Some might think it's an odd collecction to have considering I dont actually use the pens I just keep them on my desk~ my favorite is the pluto pen with actual hanging ears :]

I used to collect the pens when they had the expensive ones you could only get at the stores that had the galleries. Do you remember those? They were usually high end types like Mont Blanc . . . really nice pens.

For daily use I use a couple of the ones they sell everywhere for around $15.00. Those are fun too!

wvdisneyfamily

I just thought of another one to add. I don't know if any of you remember the old Dept. 56 Disney Parks Village, but I recently completed that collection. My wonderful husband got me Tinkerbell's Treasures on e-bay for only $91. :hammer: I love that village because it reminds me of being in WDW.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
It is a big fig. The prize of my collection. They pop up on eBay once every few months, but they usually go for around $500-600, so be prepared for a last minute bidding war if you want one!

(Oddly, I got mine last spring when I saw it about 10 minutes after it had been listed with a buy it now of $150. I snapped it up immediately! The same person had several other old/rare big figs for the same price, but I didn't have the funds to buy them all... :cry: The rest were gone within like half an hour...)

Question...How on earth (and yes sorry it doesn't pertain to the original question) did you get that shot in space mountain?? We were there back in Jan and I tried and well all I did was blind myself, lol....fill me in!! Thanks

mickeypal1

Precious Moments Micky figurines represneting each member of the family, and my Walt and Mickey Partners statue.

Look at them every day and say.........

EPCOT.nut

My fav things would be my original Epcot sterling charm and original WDW logo sterling charm. I wear them on a chain around my neck every trip to WDW. I also have a Mickey icon sterling ring that I never take off. It's a wrap style ring with the Mickey shaped icons. The year I bought my ring (2001 or 2002) they quit carrying it.

YES I saw that charm a few weeks ago - did you see me staring at your chest? :lol: :eek:

I love that charm...you've got great taste! ;)

Leolioness4200

Mine are my Lady and the Tramp snowglobe, Tinkerbell snowglobe, and last but not least the $300 statue of Jessica Rabbit in her sparkly gown!!

WDWFigment

Question...How on earth (and yes sorry it doesn't pertain to the original question) did you get that shot in space mountain?? We were there back in Jan and I tried and well all I did was blind myself, lol....fill me in!! Thanks

Either use no flash, or use a very very soft flash (which you technically shouldn't even be using on Space Mountain, but in that zone no one will notice if it's a very soft flash, because there are a lot of lights there). Your best bet will probably be no flash, though (which then may require work afterwards in a photo-editing program). A flash will not only blind you, but will make it so you can't see the blue lights.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Either use no flash, or use a very very soft flash (which you technically shouldn't even be using on Space Mountain, but in that zone no one will notice if it's a very soft flash, because there are a lot of lights there). Your best bet will probably be no flash, though (which then may require work afterwards in a photo-editing program). A flash will not only blind you, but will make it so you can't see the blue lights.

..Oh thanks, I'll have to try that next month!!!!!

SirNim

A signed, limited-edition, after-market-purchased artist's proof print of Randy Souders' "Epcot at 10" lithograph... A pictographic distillation of the entire EPCOT Center experience on a single canvas.

tonya

I have one of the circle part to the Happiest Celebration on Earth Banner that hung in Animal Kingdom like this one:

image_livefromorlando_19_07.jpg

I love that, and my Disneyland 50th Anniversary Music set. oh yeah, even though I did not buy it in the parks, the collage I made from pictures, tickets, maps etc. from the world.

I SO almost bought that this Christmas on Ebay for my husband---it was so cool! But instead, I ended up with one of the All Star Sports star lights (our old home away from home). He was really surprised!:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom