What did you do?

JillC LI

Just posting to be supportive of everyone's efforts. I am relieved to say I am improving healthwise, but still can't take in a deep enough breath to feel it is safe or wise to run. I'm fairly confident that I am recovering from walking pneumonia. And I am worried that DS is beginning to come down with it now. Not surprising after all the drinks we shared at Disney last weekend. My hubby said he can tell that I must be really sick if I haven't run for so long! (10 days - ouch) I'm hoping to be able to try a short treadmill run at home over the holiday weekend. That way if I'm not fully recovered and I get winded faster than I expect, I can just hop off and be home.

Kristia

Just posting to be supportive of everyone's efforts. I am relieved to say I am improving healthwise, but still can't take in a deep enough breath to feel it is safe or wise to run. I'm fairly confident that I am recovering from walking pneumonia. And I am worried that DS is beginning to come down with it now. Not surprising after all the drinks we shared at Disney last weekend. My hubby said he can tell that I must be really sick if I haven't run for so long! (10 days - ouch) I'm hoping to be able to try a short treadmill run at home over the holiday weekend. That way if I'm not fully recovered and I get winded faster than I expect, I can just hop off and be home.
So sorry you feel so bad. That really stinks. Hopefully you will be able to get back to your routine soon. Even worse when you are sick at the holidays (and the tail end of your vacation)! Feel better soon!

Texas84

Hmmm, I got sick a week after W&D and missed 2 weeks of running because I couldn't breathe enough. But I think that was from the office. As of January 1, no more paid sick time for us. Might have to wear a mask until the Marathon. Anyhoo, hope you and your family get 100% soon.

I skipped my Thursday run to rest for my 17-miler this weekend. But I'm still doing the Power 90. Only the second week and it is getting easier. Went up on weight today. Felt good.

JillC LI

Hmmm, I got sick a week after W&D and missed 2 weeks of running because I couldn't breathe enough. But I think that was from the office. As of January 1, no more paid sick time for us. Might have to wear a mask until the Marathon. Anyhoo, hope you and your family get 100% soon.

I skipped my Thursday run to rest for my 17-miler this weekend. But I'm still doing the Power 90. Only the second week and it is getting easier. Went up on weight today. Felt good.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. At least I can create and post my Trip Report if I can't run! LOL. Check it out!
And good luck with that 17 miler!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Uhhhh. Hate to hear you are feeling bad still Jill, but I bet you are on the tail end of it. Lets hope so. *waves*

LindsayLoves

Yesterday afternoon - one of those days in which no matter what direction you fun in the wind is slapping you right in the face and there is no way around it.

6 miles @ 56:08.

fmingo36

Jill, I feel you pain.
My youngest is on her second round of antibiotics for a double ear infection. My hubby is on antibiotics for a sinus infection brought on by the flu he has been suffering with for about a month now. I have not had a voice for about 4 days now due to laryingitis and my oldest daughter woke up with a 101.9 fever and vomiting last night.

I think I need to buy stock in Lysol. I walk around with a can of it and just spray everything!!!
I am grateful for a 10 day break from school and all the germs that my little ones pick up there. Just hoping we are all feeling better for Christmas.

Texas84

17.14 miles this morning. Got up at dawn facing 28F. Put on two layers and my Texas Longhorn winter cap to cover my ears and went for it. Luckily there was no wind at the start but it picked up as the sun came up. 53F at finish.

Traffic in my neighborhood was ridiculous. Normally there is no one on the road Sunday morning but today it was heavy. Everyone must have been going to Christmas services. And everyone semed to be going 60 in a posted 25.

Feeling pretty good but legs started really hurting around mile 15. I think it was the good pain Nick likes so much. It wasn't the 'somethings going to fail' pain so I just ran through it. Actually had a fast final mile. Soaked in a cold tub and feel great right now. Amazing what 20 minutes in cold water can do. Bring on the Marathon!

Kristia

8 miles today @10:45. Lately for our super long runs we have been doing the run a mile, walk a minute but today we did a non-stop. Felt a little tired but not too bad. We actually had pretty nice weather. 35 and no wind! Wish it had been like this last weekend! 3 weeks till marathon day!

GoofyRacer11

I ran 20 miles this morning in the metroparks and around my house. Even though the temperature was colder than it was last weekend, it didn't feel that bad as I was prepared and there wasn't much of a breeze. This run completed my training for the Goofy Challenge this year and know I'm on my taper period. I will still be Cross-Fitting 3 days a week as well as running lower mileage 4 days a week up until we leave. Hope everyone is doing well with their training and Happy Holidays!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
15.50 Saturday morning with the last 3 miles at 1-1:30 faster then my cruising average speed of 9:27 per. On the .5, I was down to a 7:50. I had to get up 30 min earlier for my Saturday run this week since the Maxwell Family Truckster was heading out to the lake at 9am. I texted a screen grab of my weather.com screen to Nick at 6:01 when I was walking out the door with a 29 temp and 22 wind chill and a message saying, "Lets do this". Awesome day, loved the weather. His weather was about the same, and we were both heading out about the same time.

Pool and run tomorrow.

Mad Stitch

I ran 20 miles this morning in the metroparks and around my house. Even though the temperature was colder than it was last weekend, it didn't feel that bad as I was prepared and there wasn't much of a breeze. This run completed my training for the Goofy Challenge this year and know I'm on my taper period. I will still be Cross-Fitting 3 days a week as well as running lower mileage 4 days a week up until we leave. Hope everyone is doing well with their training and Happy Holidays!

Good job. How were the Metropark trails? Lots of snow and ice? When the snow sticks is where I draw the line for running outdoors. For me it's now worth the risk of slipping on a patch of ice.

JillC LI

Nice workouts everyone. Coryna, I hope eveyone in your house is getting healthier for the holiday. Yesterday I was finally feeling better enough to attempt a run. Since my illness was all in my chest, I was nervous about doing anything that would make me breathe too heavy. So I did a short 3 mile run on the treadmill where I could jump off at any moment if necessary, and I kept the pace nice and easy. I coughed a bit throughout, but it felt good to be back in action. Today, after running for the first time in 12 days, my quads are really sore. But at least I'm back in the swing of things. Merry Christmas to all celebrating!

a2grafix

4.5 miles on Christmas Eve, a combination of 2 routes I usually run in Downtown Memphis, in just about 50 minutes. Darnedest thing tho, midway on my run my music stopped. Somehow my shirt hit the pause button. I ended up un-pausing my music but pressed the button too hard and it reset to the beginning. Grrrrr.

Probably my warmest run for the next week or so, mid 50s but with a strong westerly wind. It will turn nasty on Christmas and chilly. Winter running is upon the Mid-South, and some snow might make an appearance late Christmas night.

Kristia

Had a nice 3 mile Christmas morning run! Did 3 miles in a balmy 40 degrees. Much nicer than yesterday when we had ice, snow and finally ended as rain. Ick! Merry Christmas everyone!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I've come up ill the last couple days. Not great timing, but hopefully I'm getting it out of the way before our trip. It looks like it's a bad throat infection...bronchitis...probably gonna see the doc tomorrow.

dreamfinder

Sat was 8mi@7:49 with 1mi warm up and cool down. Sun was 19.5@8:04. Was supposed to be an even 20, but the staff at the gym started turning off the lights, so I had to bail a few minutes early. If anyone ever needs motivation to finish up those last few miles, watch the Kona Ironman broadcast. Especially the last 15-20 mins. I think I said this last year as well, but no way in heck you can give up on a 20 miler when you watch these people that beat cancer twice, have one leg, are in a wheel chair etc swim 2.4 mi, bike 112, and then run 26.2. Just hits ya right in the heart.

Mon was 2mi outside with my DW, and today was 35 min bike cross train.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom