What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
18.87 miles this morning. Not as hot/humid as yesterday, but it's going to get worse...news this morning said 100+ this week.

Still trying to Frankenstein my own custom hydration vest, not easy.

Kicked back 2 Stone IPAs, reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest, and going to cook a scrumptious meal for the wife in a few.

Cheers folks.

fmingo36

18.87 miles this morning. Not as hot/humid as yesterday, but it's going to get worse...news this morning said 100+ this week.

Still trying to Frankenstein my own custom hydration vest, not easy.

Kicked back 2 Stone IPAs, reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest, and going to cook a scrumptious meal for the wife in a few.

Cheers folks.

I had every intention of running 8 miles (was actually get my knee braces on) and then i got a call that someone wanted to look at my house (my house has been on the market for 18 months now) so I went into "House show" mode and that completely changed my plans. I did break a sweat though..mowing the lawn when it's 95 degrees out will do that. Hopefully I'll get my run in tomorrow.

Stay cool everyone!!!

Nick--I'm reading the Girl with the Dragon tattoo. So far so good!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
:ROFLOL:

I know not to complain about the heat to you brother! If I weren't s__________g down almost 3 liters of water and S caps every hour, I'd be face down on the boardwalk.
No No No. It get brutal up in the eastern states at times far worse than down here. Heat is heat.

I had every intention of running 8 miles (was actually get my knee braces on) and then i got a call that someone wanted to look at my house (my house has been on the market for 18 months now) so I went into "House show" mode and that completely changed my plans. I did break a sweat though..mowing the lawn when it's 95 degrees out will do that. Hopefully I'll get my run in tomorrow.

Stay cool everyone!!!

Finishing up Epcot Explorer Encyclopedia then it is on to Your Guide to Your First Triathlon. :sohappy: (Sorry, wanted to participate in the Running Forum Book Club) Ha!

joel_maxwell

Cleared to run this am at the doctor. Ill be putting in miles this afternoon even if this down pouring rain continues into the afternoon. It is a must!

JillC LI

No spoilers: I took that book out of the library on audio CD about 2 months ago. It took me a little while to get into it because all those Swedish names of people and places were sounding the same, but once I got used to it, it was great. Wonderful suspense thriller. The reader did different voices for each character. I keep meaning to take out the sequel on CD too. You know the movie is coming out in December with Christopher Plummer - I can't wait! (There's already a swedish version of the movie but I'm not much interested in reading subtitles.)

Cleared to run this am at the doctor. Ill be putting in miles this afternoon even if this down pouring rain continues into the afternoon. It is a must!

It might be more pleasant if it IS still raining. I'm doing my 5 miles on the treadmill later. We're heading up to Martha's Vineyard this weekend, so I'm gonna give myself a few days off :)

joel_maxwell

No spoilers: I took that book out of the library on audio CD about 2 months ago. It took me a little while to get into it because all those Swedish names of people and places were sounding the same, but once I got used to it, it was great. Wonderful suspense thriller. The reader did different voices for each character. I keep meaning to take out the sequel on CD too. You know the movie is coming out in December with Christopher Plummer - I can't wait! (There's already a swedish version of the movie but I'm not much interested in reading subtitles.)

It might be more pleasant if it IS still raining. I'm doing my 5 miles on the treadmill later. We're heading up to Martha's Vineyard this weekend, so I'm gonna give myself a few days off :)
Yes, it has quit raining here and it is beyond muggy. Maybe soupy. Just horrible.

Very nice. My parents traveled up there a few times when I was a kid on vacations by themselves. They seem to like it a lot. I dont think they have been back in 20 years. Have a great weekend. :wave:

JillC LI

Very nice. My parents traveled up there a few times when I was a kid on vacations by themselves. They seem to like it a lot. I dont think they have been back in 20 years. Have a great weekend. :wave:

Thank, the hubby and I got engaged on Martha's Vineyard so we try to get back often.

This morning I opened my front door at 6am ready to run 5 miles, and it was already over 80 degrees and 75% humidity! So I closed the door, went down to my basement, turned on the giant fan facing the treadmill and did my 5 miles there! Tomorrow morning we leave for MV - yay! Have a nice weekend everyone!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I have been extremely lazy, not getting in my distance runs due to the heat.

My only goal this week is to get running again, and get that 10-miler in, and I'll be pretty close to ready for the Madison Mini-Marathon next month.

scorp111

Took 10 days off from running, as I had developed a pain in the top center of my foot. Rest definitely helped it. Did 7 miles this morning at just under 10 min per mile, but I can feel the pain a bit. I am going to see how it feels later, and I am not telling the wife yet:lookaroun

joel_maxwell

Thank, the hubby and I got engaged on Martha's Vineyard so we try to get back often.

This morning I opened my front door at 6am ready to run 5 miles, and it was already over 80 degrees and 75% humidity! So I closed the door, went down to my basement, turned on the giant fan facing the treadmill and did my 5 miles there! Tomorrow morning we leave for MV - yay! Have a nice weekend everyone!
That is what it felt like here too. Just a swift kick on the butt before you even get off the porch.

5 miles for us this morning - 8:33 pace

Looking forward to the cooler months!
Great Job Steve. That 8:33 will turn into 7:33 or faster in the cold months. Great job.

joel_maxwell

3 miles this am. No time taken since Im still just running for the love of running right now.

I have a 10K in November followed by a 21K trail run so Ill start a schedule very soon in the new week or so.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20 miles yesterday in 100+ degree temps (index said 115 degrees :hurl:). I have my hydration, electrolytes and calories down to a science, but it didn't matter. The heat was crushing my skull, I realized at mile 19, that I was talking out loud to myself and the local rabbits on people's lawns. For how long I was doing this, I do not know. My HR maxes out at 166 on my training runs (long and slow), but yesterday it shot up to 203 BPM. According to my wife (because I can't really remember) when I walked through the door, I took off my hydration vest, grabbed a powerade from the fridge, and walked right into a cold shower with all my clothes on, and laughed for 15 minutes non-stop. I do remember opening my eyes, laying on my back in the tub with the water hitting me, and Alison (wife) asking if I was going bonkers.

Moral of my story: DO NOT RUN THIS WEEKEND. Took today off, and will run tomorrow, so I should still get in my 115-120 miles for the week.

Cheers folks.

GoofyRacer11

Ran 12 miles this morning at 6am in the metro-parks, which had turned into a swamp during some parts. After coming home real quick to eat breakfast, I had to get to my soccer tournament and played four games. So that should put me up to 14 miles for the day.

joel_maxwell

20 miles yesterday in 100+ degree temps (index said 115 degrees :hurl:). I have my hydration, electrolytes and calories down to a science, but it didn't matter. The heat was crushing my skull, I realized at mile 19, that I was talking out loud to myself and the local rabbits on people's lawns. For how long I was doing this, I do not know. My HR maxes out at 166 on my training runs (long and slow), but yesterday it shot up to 203 BPM. According to my wife (because I can't really remember) when I walked through the door, I took off my hydration vest, grabbed a powerade from the fridge, and walked right into a cold shower with all my clothes on, and laughed for 15 minutes non-stop. I do remember opening my eyes, laying on my back in the tub with the water hitting me, and Alison (wife) asking if I was going bonkers.

Moral of my story: DO NOT RUN THIS WEEKEND. Took today off, and will run tomorrow, so I should still get in my 115-120 miles for the week.

Cheers folks.
DUDE! I know you know this, but it has to be said.... this is how people drop dead. 203 bpm is very alarming. I know you guys are having a severe heat wave up there, but please be careful.

If I had to run anything over 4-5 miles and it was as extreme temps as yall have right now, Id be getting up at 3am. It is bad down here too, but like I said, 4-5 miles is much different than 19.

Be careful.

joel_maxwell

I had a "nooner" today.

:lookaroun

4.42 miles with a 9:05 pace. Tough run in the heat and I added a new street with another great hill. A total of 292 vertical feet climbed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom