What did you do?

fmingo36

Up and out early this morning.
Ran just shy of 6 miles. Did a little bit of walking trying to give my knee a break and still managed to keep my pace pretty close to normal.

I'll head to the gym tonight for my "Hour of Power" weights class.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thanks!
I think he purposely scheduled the surgery on purpose so he wouldn't have to train and he thinks I will push his lazy a$$ in a wheelchair through the course. :lol:
Ha! No excuses. Im on day 5 and with the proper "athletic wear", I could go run today if I wanted to. I promised Sam that Id wait to get cleared on Thursday before hitting the pavement.

By athletic wear, you might have a clue to what I got done.... but maybe not. :lookaroun

JillC LI

Old school "run the rack" all dumbbell workout today.

Curls, tricep press, shrugs, incline bench.

Burn baby burn!

Up and out early this morning.
Ran just shy of 6 miles. Did a little bit of walking trying to give my knee a break and still managed to keep my pace pretty close to normal.

I'll head to the gym tonight for my "Hour of Power" weights class.

I have a few light weights at home but I have no idea what to do with them except for bicep curls. Any suggestions I could do at home for a newcomer to weights?

Fmingo, I am sorry to hear the knee is still bothering you. Sometimes when I get weird aches and pains, I realize belatedly that my running shoes have too many miles on them, and a new pair does the trick. Any chance it could be as simple as that?

StittsDisNuts

Training for the Goofy

60 min Zone1/Zone3 workout on the stationary bike and then 10Km Zone1 later today.
I am going to WDW in a week and am looking for advice on running routes through the World. Looking for a 19Km route for next week.
Any thoughts?

fmingo36

Ha! No excuses. Im on day 5 and with the proper "athletic wear", I could go run today if I wanted to. I promised Sam that Id wait to get cleared on Thursday before hitting the pavement.

By athletic wear, you might have a clue to what I got done.... but maybe not. :lookaroun

Snip-snip?

fmingo36

I have a few light weights at home but I have no idea what to do with them except for bicep curls. Any suggestions I could do at home for a newcomer to weights?

Fmingo, I am sorry to hear the knee is still bothering you. Sometimes when I get weird aches and pains, I realize belatedly that my running shoes have too many miles on them, and a new pair does the trick. Any chance it could be as simple as that?

Just bought new sneakers about a month ago so i don't think that's the issue. I've had knee and hip issues for about 20 years now due to a car accident. I been doing a lot more miles lately and I think that just aggravates my issues.

Light weights are great for shoulders and tri-ceps. Explaining exercises without being able to demonstrate is difficult for me. Try doing some on-line searching and you'll find plenty on examples.

I worked with a trainer for a bit last year and she told me that working out the upper body is just as important as getting in your runs.

fmingo36

*clears throat*

yes.

After daughter #2, my hubby did the same thing. We knew we were done.
And as much as I LOVE that child with all my heart, she is a handful. Her name is Willow and we call her Tsunami Willow-because she is a force to be reckoned with. I often joke that she's the reason men are willing to get snipped! :lol:

Hope you're feeling better and hope everything is going well with little River.

joel_maxwell

After daughter #2, my hubby did the same thing. We knew we were done.
And as much as I LOVE that child with all my heart, she is a handful. Her name is Willow and we call her Tsunami Willow-because she is a force to be reckoned with. I often joke that she's the reason men are willing to get snipped! :lol:

Hope you're feeling better and hope everything is going well with little River.
I feel great. Thursday at 3 is my check up so I hope to be running by 4pm that afternoon. Im about to crawl out of my skin to get on the pavement.

Ariel484

60 min Zone1/Zone3 workout on the stationary bike and then 10Km Zone1 later today.
I am going to WDW in a week and am looking for advice on running routes through the World. Looking for a 19Km route for next week.
Any thoughts?

Check out the routes listing on this page. If you're staying on property any resort should have similar maps available.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I have to go back and read a few previous pages since I have been MIA for the last week again, so I'm not really up to speed yet.

Just under 120 miles last week, with a day of icing and rest.

Heat and humidity here in NJ is freaking awful :hurl: (Coryna, Dave, and even Jill up in NY will agree).

18.10 miles yesterday morning.
18.33 miles this morning.

I hope everyone is doing well with their running schedules.

2 Stone IPAs now. Cheers folks.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Thanks I'll check it out!

4.5 miles this morning in swampy, hot, humid weather. Decided to save the speedwork for another day. Might change it to hill work on the treadmill with the big fan this week instead as temps are going to hit 100 around here.

You should check out Jillian Michaels "ripped in 30" too. I've completed 3 weeks of it so far and it's a really good workout.

I love turbo fire too (it's a beach body program) it's mostly focused on cardio with some resistance band training added in. I love it and am totally addicted to it. The instructor, Chalene, is so encouraging and positive.

joel_maxwell

I have to go back and read a few previous pages since I have been MIA for the last week again, so I'm not really up to speed yet.

Just under 120 miles last week, with a day of icing and rest.

Heat and humidity here in NJ is freaking awful :hurl: (Coryna, Dave, and even Jill up in NY will agree).

18.10 miles yesterday morning.
18.33 miles this morning.

I hope everyone is doing well with their running schedules.

2 Stone IPAs now. Cheers folks.
Suck it up Nick! You should be down here!

:lookaroun

:lol:

Kidding. It is bad everywhere this time of year.

fmingo36

Some days the treadmill (in the air conditioned gym) isn't such a bad thing after all. :lol:
I ran outside yesterday but was miserable in the heat so today I did a quick 3miles and an hour of yoga at the gym.
I am going to try and get out early tomorrow and run outside before it gets too hot. They're calling for temps. hitting 100 this weekend. Running is going to be:fork:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Suck it up Nick! You should be down here!

:lookaroun

:lol:

Kidding. It is bad everywhere this time of year.

:ROFLOL:

I know not to complain about the heat to you brother! If I weren't s__________g down almost 3 liters of water and S caps every hour, I'd be face down on the boardwalk.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Some days the treadmill (in the air conditioned gym) isn't such a bad thing after all. :lol:
I ran outside yesterday but was miserable in the heat so today I did a quick 3miles and an hour of yoga at the gym.
I am going to try and get out early tomorrow and run outside before it gets too hot. They're calling for temps. hitting 100 this weekend. Running is going to be:fork:

Yeah, this weekend is going to be brutal. I run through shade for a couple of miles around my house before I hit the boardwalk...once there, I'm out in the sun, no turning back. However, the two poolhouses in Spring Lake provide some cover, but only for like 75 feet. Other than that, I take a bath in Beyond Coastal sunblock.

Be careful out there if you do decide to go out. BTW, you have to come out to the beach and run my route...easy 20 miles :D

fmingo36

Yeah, this weekend is going to be brutal. I run through shade for a couple of miles around my house before I hit the boardwalk...once there, I'm out in the sun, no turning back. However, the two poolhouses in Spring Lake provide some cover, but only for like 75 feet. Other than that, I take a bath in Beyond Coastal sunblock.

Be careful out there if you do decide to go out. BTW, you have to come out to the beach and run my route...easy 20 miles :D

Although the thought of running along the beach sounds nice, I don't think I'll ever use easy and 20 miles in the same sentence. :lol:

JillC LI

Most definitely agree! This morning I came back from 3.5 miles of speedwork and I was dripping wet from head to toe. Thank goodness for my headband to keep the sweat from pouring into my eyes. (TMI?)

You should check out Jillian Michaels "ripped in 30" too. I've completed 3 weeks of it so far and it's a really good workout.

I love turbo fire too (it's a beach body program) it's mostly focused on cardio with some resistance band training added in. I love it and am totally addicted to it. The instructor, Chalene, is so encouraging and positive.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Although the thought of running along the beach sounds nice, I don't think I'll ever use easy and 20 miles in the same sentence. :lol:

I was thinking precisely the same thing! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom