What did you do?

OG Runner

I ran 4.15 miles on Saturday, 3.33 miles on Sunday and 4.55 miles on Monday. The temps were from 59 degrees on Saturday morning to 79 degrees on Monday night. Trying to work in some cross training. I really took it easy after the marathon in January and gained some weight I have yet to be able to lose. The knee still gets sore but I am icing it after every run.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
4.33mi yesterday afternoon. I keep on seeing that Summer doesn't start until June 21, but it was 97F during my run, so I'm a bit skeptical ;)

Last edited:

OG Runner

4.33 yesterday afternoon. I keep on seeing that Summer doesn't start until June 21, but it was 97F during my run, so I'm a bit skeptical ;)
Haven't you heard, it isn't the heat it is the humidity. Yeah, it was humid too. The Summer, that time of the year when the
sun is out and you wish it was as cool at the Fall.

Greenlawler

Ran a four miler in the absolute heat of June Tennessee.

I had to stop at mile two, and took an hour to clean my pool.

Ran the last two miles at a quick pace for me, 9 minute miles.

Gheez it's hot out there. I am 30 pounds down since March, I have found the fountain of youth lol.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I‘ve not been posting but have been running a couple times a week and doing aquagym 2-3 times a week. (Just came back in from a 3.25 mile run - I can’t say that the temperatures were hot, but it is humid for here so really heavy and sticky)

Surferboy567

I haven’t posted in a while but I feel now is a good time since I am about to start a new training cycle.

Ever since the Springtime Surprise I have tried to run or walk around 1-2 times a week. It’s been hard to fit it in though with my schedule getting busier and busier.

I’ve completed one of the virtual 5K’s as part of the virtual summer series, and have two more that I will complete to earn myself a challenge medal. These will be done throughout the summer. As I’ve posted here, I have also registered for a conqueror challenge. More specifically, the Lord of the Rings Challenge which comprises of 5 individual challenges. When combined it comes to a whopping 660 miles. This will obviously take a very long time to complete but I’ve been chipping at the distance every so slightly. Any running or walking activity I complete goes towards this.

You may be wondering, where does runDisney factor into this. Right now, I am preparing to start my Wine & Dine training cycle. I will be attending this year’s Wine & Dine in person and running all the events. It will be my first Wine & Dine in person. Unlike Springtime Surprise it will also be a longer trip. Will be using my normal Galloway training method as it seems to have worked well for me so far. Training officially starts next week. After Wine & Dine, I am running the other race weekends virtually. For Marathon Weekend I am running the 5K, 10K, and Half virtually and for Princess I am running the 5K and challenge virtually.

Currently, I am thinking about running springtime surprise in person again next year. Waiting on theming and distances to finalize my plans.

Last edited:

Demarke

Premium Member
What did I do today? Had a quick photo session with Jeff Galloway at the Peachtree expo. 😁. May try to come back and do his half marathon in March in case anyone else is thinking about it!

D9236E2E-300B-492E-BB48-1FFB67D8C03D.jpeg

Demarke

Premium Member
Wow so is this place dying? No posts on the running forum in days. sigh.....I ran a slow 4 miles today in the heat.
I just haven’t been running much since it warmed up, I think I’ve got less than 40 miles since the end of April!

I did get out yesterday for a half jog/half walk (it was so, so hot and humid!). I turned 41 yesterday so did a tenth of a mile for each year 😁

7FA95785-E410-4E4E-8A7C-3399A1DCCD1C.png

Springtime Surprise ought to be announcing themes soon and then registration not too long after, then we’ll be back in racing season before you know it, so I think things should pick back up here soon 😃

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom