What did you do?

castlecake2.0

5k around celebration this morning
41A47094-0235-4D60-AF26-B63E1F8C3C2F.jpeg

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
First off, HAPPY MARATHON DAY EVERYBODY! 2/6/22 (26.22)

I was going to try to do marathon distance yesterday to prep for a long race I signed up for next weekend. I hit a wall and stopped at about 19 miles after hobbling the last 2-3 miles back to my car. I think I discovered that taking it easy on a long distance run is not a replacement for a good breakfast, compression socks, and a couple Alleve, because the calves and feet were what seemed to swell and give out on me.

At any rate, since today is Marathon Day, I decided to get up early this morning and “finish” the last 7ish miles.

Official start-to-finish clock time for my unofficial Marathon Day-weekend Marathon, just under 23 hours! 😂

Surferboy567

Haven’t gave an update in a while so here is a quick one.

2/1 - 2.59 miles (Treadmill)
2/4 - 2.53 miles (Treadmill)
2/5 - 2.01 miles (Walk)
2/6 - 9.52 miles
2/8 - 2.87 miles (Treadmill)
2/10 - 2.38 miles (Treadmill)
2/12 - 4.02 miles
2/15 - 2.83 miles (Treadmill)

That brings us to today, I play on another treadmill session tonight as well as a 3 mile walk on Saturday.

This Sunday (weather permitting) I plan on running the Virtual Princess Half. Technically, it’s supposed to be an 11 mile long run, but I’ll just tack the extra 2.1 miles on and make it my virtual Princess half. This should be good way to make up for my last half, as well as good practice for Springtime Surprise. Then, I’ll continue to ride this training plan (as normal) all the way to Springtime Surprise.

Surferboy567

Today, I ran the 2022 Virtual Princess Half Marathon. The reason I did it this week as opposed to next is because this aligns better with my training schedule for Springtime Surprise. This virtual race marks the last virtual race I am registered for before Springtime Surprise. It has been a long journey to get to this point but we are almost there.

The race today I wanted to take it easier on purpose then normal. Last month when I ran the virtual half that didn’t go as well as I had hoped so I wanted to insure that during today’s race I’d be able to finish. As such it is far from my fastest time but overall I am happy with the results. Running a half marathon even when you have done many is never a small feat. I experimented with Hydration today throughout the run by staggering my water over a wider period of time. That seemed to work, it didn’t have that much of a difference but as I learned last time it’s very important to have hydration during a race virtual or not. Anyways here are the results from today’s race.

Time: 02:51:36
Distance: 13.12
Avg Pace: 13:04

This time doesn’t even come close to my record however, like I said overall I am satisfied with today’s results. Now I continue to train like normal until Springtime Surprise.

EDIT: Results cannot be posted till February 24th but I have the run logged and ready to post the results when I am able.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It was beautiful today (bright and sunny but cold) and since I was working from home today I decided to take a break around 4 pm, got changed, went for a 2.5 mile run, and then came and finished up the things I wanted to get done before Monday. The funny thing is that it probably would have taken me to about the same time to finish even if I hadn’t run - because the run helped to clear my mind so I could focus better when I got back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom