What did you do?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Don't often post here but I thought all y'all runners may like this.
FB_IMG_1627335340391.jpg

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Finally got three running days in a row to do the Rival Run Challenge and 5k and finished today (although I did take liberties with the order going 5k, half, 10k). I have officially taken the medals out of the box now

772C64E7-696C-4676-84F1-30D34E4D954C.jpeg

Now, less that 12 hours on the countdown to hitting the road for MK to celebrate my 40th tomorrow! 😁

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
What do you guys do the day before your half/full?

I'm approaching distances where Idk how to correctly prepare for the pre/during run.
I use to run a lite 3-4 miles to just keep my legs and muscles loose the day before. Thou in the past 3 years I moved that run two days before the race and don't run the day before. Personally, I've done better in Half races when I've added a day or two where I ran over 13.1 in training and the day before and day of training those 13.1+ miles was like a test day to see what would work on race day - dinner the night before, bed time, water in-take, shoes, clothing, etc.... Most running books have a chapter or 2 about this and what to prepare for, but the best way to know what works for you is to try it out in a training run. If your following a training program, look up books from the person and they may share more helpful tips.

The best way to prepare for more miles is rest for legs the day before and make sure your hydrated. It can be a mind game going from 3-5 miles and then moving up to 5-7 miles... But 5 miles is more than a 3rd of the half and 7 miles you ran more than half the half and when you get to 9 miles, just keep running to 13! Best to you!

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
13.8 yesterday at Magic Kingdom and 18.6 miles today between Animal Kingdom and Epcot pushing a wheelchair both days (gf had foot and ankle surgery a month or two ago). Does that count as a ruck? 🤣

My hands and arms have decided that we are getting an ECV for Uni/IoA tomorrow 😁

0594EADD-7780-49EB-9DEC-7692CC4CEAE0.jpeg
9D80EED1-2AFD-4D1B-A122-595AF856DE4D.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom