What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
13.8 yesterday at Magic Kingdom and 18.6 miles today between Animal Kingdom and Epcot pushing a wheelchair both days (gf had foot and ankle surgery a month or two ago). Does that count as a ruck? šŸ¤£

My hands and arms have decided that we are getting an ECV for Uni/IoA tomorrow šŸ˜

View attachment 576031View attachment 576033

The distances are impressive regardless (I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever even hit 10 miles while in a park) but on top of it all pushing a wheelchair! And you are really tall - Iā€™m surprised it hasnā€™t bothered your back too.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I šŸ‘ you?
Premium Member
The distances are impressive regardless (I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever even hit 10 miles while in a park) but on top of it all pushing a wheelchair! And you are really tall - Iā€™m surprised it hasnā€™t bothered your back too.
Yeah, they certainly donā€™t make the Disney rentals with a 6ā€™9ā€ person in mind pushing it šŸ˜. The back has been surprisingly okay, I may slouch my shoulders some pushing, but I think focusing on keeping the low back straight has helped reduce the impact.

Really, the hands have been the only thing to bother me (which may be a function of the added weight on them with my size and how I have to lean down on them to grip), but those hard plastic handles with their 15-20 hard edged grooves have left the palms a little red and swollen. An hour in this morning I started using our extra masks as handle guards, by the afternoon I had commandeered washcloths from the hotel to wrap around them, haha!

Tip to anyone that may rent a chair for a friend or family, I just discovered on Amazon that they apparently make grip covers out of memory foam and what not; a fact I wish Iā€™d known a week ago šŸ¤£

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Now that your DH is signed up for the half is he running with you or are you training separately?
Training separately for now, he's still running on the beach for his runs.
When he starts to run on the trail or sidewalk, we'll probably do a run or 2 a week together.
He was never a runner before we met or really into Disney, but my interest in them excited him and he picked them up... And he'll be doing his 1st half marathon on Marathon Weekend.

dreamfinder

15M at 11min pace. Was only planning on doing 12M, but my DW & DS were on their bikes, and they wanted to just just a little further at the turn around, not realizing just how much farther it was.

What do you guys do the day before your half/full?

I'm approaching distances where Idk how to correctly prepare for the pre/during run.

Usually a shake out run at most. Or some bike if it's handy. Just enough to stay loose, but at a slower pace so you aren't taxing your body. And make sure to hydrate.

I was able to fit into my 2014 Disneyland Race weekend shirt.......Its a large, I have not been able to wear a large shirt in about three years,

Congrats!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I šŸ‘ you?
Premium Member
Weā€™re skipping day 6 (Disney day 5) tomorrow, but got a full day in at Epcot to wrap things up today. Iā€™m sad to waste a dayā€™s ticket, but thrilled to be wasting the fifth day of the push wheelchair rental, haha!

Totals for the trip:
- 7/29 - MK - 13.8 mi
- 7/30 - AK/Epcot - 18.6 mi
- 7/31 - IoA/Uni - 14.5 mi
- 8/1 - HS - 14.2
- 8/2 - Epcot - 14.1 mi

BE000B30-D53F-43B0-8DB1-AD7192015915.jpeg

Last edited:

OG Runner

I did last night what I know I shouldn't do. I ran a 5K. I ran an 11:04 first mile, 12:17 second mile and then found,
about a quarter of a mile of the last part of the race was all uphill. I finished 12:25 per mile pace. The knee is still
not back, but it is better. The Marathon in January looms ahead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom