What did you do?

Surferboy567

Two for one post today

On Monday, I walked more then a 5K distance.

Time: 01:16:16
Distance: 4.45
Avg Pace: 17:07

Yesterday morning, the original plan was to do a normal run. It was however, way too hot to run as we are in the midst of a heat wave. So in honor of the virtual races returning as well as registering for the Wine & Dine 10K I decided to walk a little more then a 10K.

Time: 01:45:00
Distance: 6.24
Avg Pace: 16:49

With virtual Wine & Dine 10K secured, I am starting to look into training. Preferably, like last year it would be nice to have a training plan spanning from Wine & Dine though Princess. Then I could always add on weeks for Springtime Surprise, this is what I did last year and it seemed to work well. Right now, I am unsure of what events I will be running virtually for marathon weekend and princess. I plan on going big during marathon weekend depending on the themes with the 50th flair. I won’t go past a half marathon though in terms of distance. For princess, I would have to see the themes before making a decision. Same goes for Springtime Surprise.

As for Wine & Dine 2022, I have already written out a possible training plan if it falls when I think it might. Assuming everything goes to how I am planning it currently this will be my first in-person runDisney event.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Two for one post today

On Monday, I walked more then a 5K distance.

Time: 01:16:16
Distance: 4.45
Avg Pace: 17:07

Yesterday morning, the original plan was to do a normal run. It was however, way too hot to run as we are in the midst of a heat wave. So in honor of the virtual races returning as well as registering for the Wine & Dine 10K I decided to walk a little more then a 10K.

Time: 01:45:00
Distance: 6.24
Avg Pace: 16:49

With virtual Wine & Dine 10K secured, I am starting to look into training. Preferably, like last year it would be nice to have a training plan spanning from Wine & Dine though Princess. Then I could always add on weeks for Springtime Surprise, this is what I did last year and it seemed to work well. Right now, I am unsure of what events I will be running virtually for marathon weekend and princess. I plan on going big during marathon weekend depending on the themes with the 50th flair. I won’t go past a half marathon though in terms of distance. For princess, I would have to see the themes before making a decision. Same goes for Springtime Surprise.

As for Wine & Dine 2022, I have already written out a possible training plan if it falls when I think it might. Assuming everything goes to how I am planning it currently this will be my first in-person runDisney event.

Since you regularly run a 5K distance, you don’t really need a formal training plan for a 10K. You can simply start adding a half mile or so to your long runs about 6-8 weeks before.

Surferboy567

Today, I finally got back to running. Ran a little more then a 5K distance.

Time: 42:41
Distance: 3.35
Avg Pace: 12:43

With the announcement of Marathon weekend‘s 50th anniversary themes I plan on doing a lot of events during that weekend. Namely the 5K, 10K, and Half virtually of course. This is also in addition to my Wine & Dine 10K.

Going to train for marathon weekend in the same way I would train for a challenge. If I am going to run these on the day, training begins September 7th. This will take me though Wine & Dine all the way to marathon weekend. Training can be extended for Princess and Springtime Surprise if needed.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
6.7ish last night, about a 9:30 pace. Once again, running in 85ish temps with an AQI of 150, probably not the best. Tried using a vest for the first time instead of a belt. Seems to work better. But it's gonna get real nasty real quick. And I don't think it will be nearly as easy to wash as the rest of my running gear.
What kind of vest do you use? I just bought one myself and have yet to use it and thought the same about cleaning.

RunningKoen

I ran again! Been way too long, and it showed. It was an really ... interesting 6.1m loop.

Did the first 3,5M, but the pace was way too high. The other 2,5m went as intervals of around 0.5m each time. Unplanned intervalling is the worst.

10K in 58:59.
I paused the watch between the 3,5M part and the intervals, so the total time was above an hour.

I been inactive way too long and it was too hot.

PS: I havent been posting all of them recently, but for those who might be curious:
there have been a few more laps of skating, alone or with my boyfriend (not just a date anymore ;p)

dreamfinder

What kind of vest do you use? I just bought one myself and have yet to use it and thought the same about cleaning.

I ended up going with an Osprey Duro/Dyna. I've liked their packs and their warranty/guarantee. Wasn't a fan of the pull string systems that the Salomon ones use, and the Ultimate Directions favor the front bottles as the hydration over a back bladder. Also, I wanted to make sure there was a front zip pouch big enough for my cell phone, and the Osprey had one. Not a huge fan of how Hydrapak designed their bladder, the random channel things make it harder to clean & dry.

Wouldn't be shocked if I end up just emptying the pockets and wearing it in the shower with me some days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom