What did you do?

dreamfinder

1@.5@10 then bike. Took a digger on the frozen pond over the weekend, finding new aches and soreness every time I move.

You don't finish, you don't get a medal.

Was this a personal call? Or a new policy? Previously there were lots of reports of people getting swept who still got medals. (I still have never put that Donald around my neck from the year they cancelled the half, so totally get it if it's a personal thing)

OG Runner

1@.5@10 then bike. Took a digger on the frozen pond over the weekend, finding new aches and soreness every time I move.

Was this a personal call? Or a new policy? Previously there were lots of reports of people getting swept who still got medals. (I still have never put that Donald around my neck from the year they cancelled the half, so totally get it if it's a personal thing)

Didn't think it was a personal thing. I stopped at 11 miles, in the Magic Kingdom. I did not get swept. I ran a 14:00 minute mile from 10 to 11.
My calves were cramping and I did not think 15 more miles was in the cards. I walk to the front of the park, got on the monorail and headed back to my motel. My thought though, you don't finish, you don't get the medal.

RunningKoen

My thought though, you don't finish, you don't get the medal.

Race medals are (often) given to those who do not finish aswell. Challenges ones require finishing the races.

You probably didnt get any because you weren't swept by runDisney, you just quitted and became a DNF by default. I assume they use the busses to get you to the finish area for all the facilities over there (food, drink, bags, busses to the resorts and the medals).

dreamfinder

2@.5@10 again.

Didn't think it was a personal thing. I stopped at 11 miles, in the Magic Kingdom. I did not get swept. I ran a 14:00 minute mile from 10 to 11.
My calves were cramping and I did not think 15 more miles was in the cards. I walk to the front of the park, got on the monorail and headed back to my motel. My thought though, you don't finish, you don't get the medal.

Ahh, you didn't get officially swept. That explains it. If you had made it to a sweep point and taken a runDisney bus back instead of the monorail, then most likely you would have been given a medal. Whether they should or not is a oft discussed topic, but typically they do.

Texas84

If you would have taken the parade bus to the finish you would have gotten it. My cousin had to quit one race and she didn't want it. The volunteer told her you paid for it. She took it but did not wear it. You would not get the challenge medals.

OG Runner

If you would have taken the parade bus to the finish you would have gotten it. My cousin had to quit one race and she didn't want it. The volunteer told her you paid for it. She took it but did not wear it. You would not get the challenge medals.

I wish I had known, but I didn't. I have completed the Disney Marathon three times, 2014, 2015 & 2018. I have already told my
girlfriend I will do it again in January of 2022. I can't end with a DNF.

Figment82

Crushed my PR today at the Celebration Half! What a difference weather-wise from 2 weeks ago at the WDW Half - 40s at the start, only in the 50s at the finish, sunny with a light cloud cover and breeze. I finished in 2:43:06 - which in Disney terms, bumps me up to Corral E! I never thought a sub-2:45 would be attainable.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Crushed my PR today at the Celebration Half! What a difference weather-wise from 2 weeks ago at the WDW Half - 40s at the start, only in the 50s at the finish, sunny with a light cloud cover and breeze. I finished in 2:43:06 - which in Disney terms, bumps me up to Corral E! I never thought a sub-2:45 would be attainable.

Congrats on the new PR!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
PR’d a 5k yesterday 28:44! I think running the longer distances lately with responsible nutrition bailed me out on this one. Against my better judgment, a quick Friday 4pm Happy Hour turned into pitchers and bowling til 11pm and, to add to the poor decision making of the evening, I proceeded to polish off the pound of shrimp and cocktail sauce I had in the fridge before bed and didn’t wake up in time to fit in a pre-race breakfast. Never making that mistake again!

Next up, the Universal Orlando 5k and 10k this coming weekend. I think I’ll plan to stick to pasta and an early bedtime this go around. 😜

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom