What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Do you have an injury or just in a funk?

I did have a slight overuse injury after the DLP races and a 24 hour relay the following weekend but that seems cleared up. It’s more a case of too much work for me; too many activities for my DD, etc. Within weeks of our time change nightfall is pretty early so even leaving the office “on time” it is already dark so I’m less likely to run unless I’m in a group, and unfortunately the past few weekends have been pretty wet and cold - I’ll tough it out if I’m training for something, but not otherwise . I could always run on the treadmill at work, but I’ve gotten out of the treadmill habit so I need to get back into it.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
2.5@.5, 2@8, .5@7:30.

No harm in that. As long as it's decent weather, a walk is always better than riding.

It’s getting cold but luckily the rain has been kind enough to stay away during my commuting hours, so I’m probably warmer walking briskly than standing at the bus-stop 😉

OG Runner

It sounds like you are in a similar area of the country that I am. Daylight savings stinks. I really hate it being dark when I get out of
work. Besides some of the issues I believe you were noting, just the trouble of running in the cold and dark takes extra effort. Maybe

OG Runner

I'm moving to FL in early 2020 and will start training then. I'm in a semi-retirement this winter trying to let my body recover.

Keep us up to date. You know you will get support here. Check out RezRuns videos on YouTube. He lives in Florida, actually pretty
near the parks.

JillC LI

Weather has been delightful lately, but instead of getting acclimated to these Hill Country hills, they seem to be damaging my body. I get pain in my lower back going uphill (even just walking the dog) and pain in my pelvis (researched it and I believe it's the hip adductor muscle) going downhill (even just walking the dog). I ran 7 miles on Sunday and was so sore afterwards that I didn't run all week until today when I did 3 miles on the TM for flat ground. The pain has not subsided despite the break from running and some hip adductor exercises I've been doing. Not sure what I can do about it other than more strengthening exercises.

Greenlawler

I finally ran again this week, after taking post Ragnar week off completely.

Saturday a relaxed 4 at 11:00
Sunday a relaxed 7 at 11:00
Monday a laid back 4 at 12:00
Tuesday a quicker 4 at 10:00
Wednesday a "quickish" 8 at 9:50
Thursday a slow 5 at 13:00

and today elliptical for an hour.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Looks like I forgot to say I ran yesterday on the treadmill for about a half hour. I accidentally hit the emergency stop button and it erased my stats - last number I remembered was over 2 miles. The best part about the run was that I had no hip or groin muscle pain during or after. So I decided to tempt fate and go for my last Monday night group run of the year. Did 3.3 miles total, half of it up and down the old town. The group did a second loop in the old town but I didn’t want to tempt fate on pushing it too much too fast and I needed to get back down to where I could pick up public transportation in time to get my DD.

dreamfinder

Yesterday was 2.5@.5@8, today was 1@.5@8, core, then bike.

Looks like I forgot to say I ran yesterday on the treadmill for about a half hour. I accidentally hit the emergency stop button and it erased my stats - last number I remembered was over 2 miles. The best part about the run was that I had no hip or groin muscle pain during or after. So I decided to tempt fate and go for my last Monday night group run of the year. Did 3.3 miles total, half of it up and down the old town. The group did a second loop in the old town but I didn’t want to tempt fate on pushing it too much too fast and I needed to get back down to where I could pick up public transportation in time to get my DD.

Good to hear it was pain free, I don't blame you for not pushing it too far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom