What did you do?

Texas84

Going to back off the running this summer and substitute cardio and core (weights). I'll get a run in on the weekends and with the local summer 5Ks. Did this program one summer and it worked out fairly well. There's about 5 minutes of yoga in the cardio workout and, yeah, it's rough.

RunningKoen

I'm running my 1st 10k tomorrow...super nervous!! Any tips/tricks? The longest I've currently run is 4 miles.

Enjoy it! The thrill of the race will help with the last two miles. Just dont start to quickly, as Swissmiss already mentioned.

I trained my back today. Was nice to do something after the resting period.

JillC LI

Been missing in action this week but still hitting the road:
7 miles Saturday, 4 miles Monday, 4 miles Wednesday.
I'm running my 1st 10k tomorrow...super nervous!! Any tips/tricks? The longest I've currently run is 4 miles.
Try to stay true to a pace you can sustain and don't let yourself get swept up in the excitement at the beginning of the race. And above all: Have Fun!
What she said! Good luck and enjoy!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Go through your warm-up routine. Start slow - it's a marathon, not a sprint. Make sure to hydrate at the stations - alternate between water and Gatorade, Powerade. Recovery will be important. Soak feet in ice water to reduce swelling. Stretch. Make sure to consume protein afterwards - about 20-25 grams. And carbs. Oatmeal, greek yougurt, eggs are all good. Or a nice stack of pancakes, but go easy on the syrup.

And most importantly, enjoy your race!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Going to back off the running this summer and substitute cardio and core (weights). I'll get a run in on the weekends and with the local summer 5Ks. Did this program one summer and it worked out fairly well. There's about 5 minutes of yoga in the cardio workout and, yeah, it's rough.

I'm thinking of cutting back on the runs too - 1 or 2 a week until time to start training for W&D. Need more core & weights.

RunningKoen

Not sure if this is a valid for a marathon for this topic.

Watched 16 MCU films the past week. Marvel Marathon! I loved infinity war, but I only have seen GotG and Dr. Strange in the past, so infinity war was a lot of unknown heroes for me.

But now I know them all.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Go through your warm-up routine. Start slow - it's a marathon, not a sprint. Make sure to hydrate at the stations - alternate between water and Gatorade, Powerade. Recovery will be important. Soak feet in ice water to reduce swelling. Stretch. Make sure to consume protein afterwards - about 20-25 grams. And carbs. Oatmeal, greek yougurt, eggs are all good. Or a nice stack of pancakes, but go easy on the syrup.

And most importantly, enjoy your race!

Warm-ups? I should probably start doing that eh? There was only water available at 3 stations along the way and I took advantage. No icing/soaking needed afterwards but I did take a nap shortly after finishing!

Keep us posted, @DznyGrlSD , how did it go?

I survived! According to Strava I PR'd my 5k (37:54) and finished with NO walking @ 12:27/mi - Disney here I come!!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm thinking of cutting back on the runs too - 1 or 2 a week until time to start training for W&D. Need more core & weights.

My trainer is going to write a running/strength program for me and I'm sure it's going to be Run 3x/week (for up to 1 hour) and strength 3x a week. Sundays = REST day <3

LAKid53

Premium Member
Warm-ups? I should probably start doing that eh? There was only water available at 3 stations along the way and I took advantage. No icing/soaking needed afterwards but I did take a nap shortly after finishing!

I survived! According to Strava I PR'd my 5k (37:54) and finished with NO walking @ 12:27/mi - Disney here I come!!

Congrats on the PR! Was it a timed race? If so, I'd use the results for your POT.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My trainer is going to write a running/strength program for me and I'm sure it's going to be Run 3x/week (for up to 1 hour) and strength 3x a week. Sundays = REST day <3

The recommendation for training for a Half is to run 30-40 miles a week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom