What did you do?

Sumrdog

I hope that she feels better soon!

My DS tripped over his friend's bike while playing basketball yesterday and the handlebars gave him a huge abrasion/gash across the entire length of his chest. No stitches needed, but it hurt so much to move and breathe, I had to take him to the pediatrician to make sure he didn't break a rib or his sternum. Thankfully he did not, but he's gonna sport quite a scar this summer when he goes swimming at camp! I could post a picture of how awful it looks, but then Nick might get the idea to start posting more pics of his toenails! :D

Me too! Exactly 3.5 miles before the kids woke up for school. The weather was absolutely perfect for running. Such a nice run.

Thank you she is better today! I hope your son is ok soon, that sounds awful.

Well I also got to sneak in 3.1 miles, my daughter convinced me that she would be ok on the couch while I ran around the neighborhood. I ran my fastest 5k ever, at 30:59 and mile 3 was the best at 9:44. I think the driving wind and rain coupled with my desire to not leave my almost 11 year old 36 hours post tonsillectomy alone was pushing me to move quickly. And when I got home my daughter was happily sitting on the couch watching America's Funniest Home Video's and trying to slowly eat an ice pop, exactly where I had left her.

JillC LI

Debating when to do my long run this weekend. I have to take DD to camp orientation at 8am on Saturday so I can either get up at 5:15 (ugh) to run in the semi-cool weather then sleep late on Sunday. OR I can sleep til 7:15 Saturday and save my run til Sunday which will mean getting up relatively early on Sunday too, plus it's supposed to be much more hot and humid on Sunday. OK, I think I'll just bite the bullet and get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday.

AUPr8Hd

3 miles last night at a slow pace. Run just felt off. Afterwards, I did a lifting session where we worked on 1 rep max squat cleans. Oh what fun that evening was ;)

Sumrdog

I got up early, picked and washed potatoes, lettuce, radishes, greens and herbs for the farmers market today. Now I am going to get my tables and everything loaded for my booth. No running today, just lots of running around. Happy solstice everyone!

bethram

Debating when to do my long run this weekend. I have to take DD to camp orientation at 8am on Saturday so I can either get up at 5:15 (ugh) to run in the semi-cool weather then sleep late on Sunday. OR I can sleep til 7:15 Saturday and save my run til Sunday which will mean getting up relatively early on Sunday too, plus it's supposed to be much more hot and humid on Sunday. OK, I think I'll just bite the bullet and get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday.

I'd much rather get up really early once than early two mornings in a row on the weekend.

I got up early, picked and washed potatoes, lettuce, radishes, greens and herbs for the farmers market today. Now I am going to get my tables and everything loaded for my booth. No running today, just lots of running around. Happy solstice everyone!

Fresh produce, yum!

JillC LI

Love this!

I'd much rather get up really early once than early two mornings in a row on the weekend!

My thoughts as well. It's 7:45am now, and I finished my 8 miles, showered, got dressed, and am ready to take my daughter to her camp orientation. I feel so productive today today already! And tomorrow I can sleep late now! Yay!

bethram

5.25 miles this morning in the humidity at 8:31 pace. I was planning on going at least 5.7 but I just wasn't feeling it this morning. On a positive note, most of the pain in my foot is gone :D It started to hurt a bit after about 2.5 miles, but nothing like it has been. I am so excited!!!! I've got a second massage this morning so hopefully as long as I'm more careful when I mountain bike I will be ok after this.

Texas84

Chick-fil-a 5K in Perry, Georgia today. I was feeling strong until a shoelace came untied after mile 2. I was afraid to stop because the last time I did that I strained my achilles during a training run and had to limp home 1.5 miles. But I was spending too much energy trying not to trip so I stopped and luckily didn't pull anything. Still ended up with a 9:24 pace which is really fast for me.

Followed that up with mowing the lawn and 90 minutes of yard work. Weightwatchers says I have enough activity points to go nuts. But I won't. :) I ran my first Disney 5K at 246 three years ago and I'm now at 208. Want to get below 200 for Disneyland.

Ariel484

My thoughts as well. It's 7:45am now, and I finished my 8 miles, showered, got dressed, and am ready to take my daughter to her camp orientation. I feel so productive today today already! And tomorrow I can sleep late now! Yay!
Good job! It sucks getting up so at the crack of dawn, but what a great feeling to get that long run in so early.
5.25 miles this morning in the humidity at 8:31 pace. I was planning on going at least 5.7 but I just wasn't feeling it this morning. On a positive note, most of the pain in my foot is gone :D It started to hurt a bit after about 2.5 miles, but nothing like it has been. I am so excited!!!! I've got a second massage this morning so hopefully as long as I'm more careful when I mountain bike I will be ok after this.
That's great, so glad to hear you are feeling better!
Chick-fil-a 5K in Perry, Georgia today. I was feeling strong until a shoelace came untied after mile 2. I was afraid to stop because the last time I did that I strained my achilles during a training run and had to limp home 1.5 miles. But I was spending too much energy trying not to trip so I stopped and luckily didn't pull anything. Still ended up with a 9:24 pace which is really fast for me.

Followed that up with mowing the lawn and 90 minutes of yard work. Weightwatchers says I have enough activity points to go nuts. But I won't. :) I ran my first Disney 5K at 246 three years ago and I'm now at 208. Want to get below 200 for Disneyland.
Awesome time! Really stinks about the shoe lace...and GREAT job on the weight loss!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was a 6-miler. I started out way too late (1:30). Temps in the mid-80s and sunny...the first 3 miles I got lucky that the sun was partially covered by clouds, but the clouds went away at the halfway point and I was toast. My average pace was 11:05 with an insane positive split. Boooooooo.

Today was my 12-mile long run. This time I made sure to be out the door by 9, which is still a bit too late I think. I had some leftover soreness from yesterday but overall this run was SO much better - still tough but not as miserable as yesterday. Average pace of 11:24, 59 seconds slower than my goal race pace. I'll take it. It's definitely getting to be that time of year where I have to start being happier with my pace being a little slower due to the heat.

Oh, and @Texas84 - that's 23 Activity Points+ for me from today's run...LOL! :)

Happy running all, and stay safe in the heat!

Kristia

Busy day for me! First, was up early and did 5.75 miles @11:00 pace. I knew the low humidity couldn't last. It was 63 degrees but 88% humidity. We were sweating like crazy! I wasn't able to get my cross-training day in yesterday (household chores took precedent) so I rode my bike for just under an hour this afternoon. My legs were like jelly! Next weekend my marathon training plan jumps to 9 miles (this was a stepback week). Haven't done that many miles since the beginning of May so I am a little concerned, especially with the the temps expected next weekend.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
meetings all day, no run for me today either
I made up the missed gym session 1 hour before leaving for the beach Wednesday. I wasnt going to miss it.

Bahahahahahahahaha!
Damn straight. I paid a copay to come see you doctor. We have a good relationship. You should know by now that Im going to run through the rehab.... so make the dosage of anti imflams good. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom