what creppy, small, little animals or bugs you always run into?

burfer

First Post!!!

So excited, this is my first post although I have been lurking for awhile!! Anyway, I forget what it is called, but the little village in Germany had the lizards climbing on the roofs! It was hilarious! Looked like Godzilla was attacking! :D

Yukinon

I hate palmetto bugs - I dont care what you say its still a cockroach and disgusting :p

But I love the bunny rabbits and ducks at the Polynesian :D Esp when the ducks decide to swim in the pool with us, then I think what if they decide to tinkle and/or poo... thats when I get out of the pool!

I'm too city for nature, ok? Even the little nature in Disney, sometimes its just a bit too much, I know I'm such a baby, but thats what city life will make you and I love the city anyhow :)

Flower'sChild

Yukinon said:
I hate palmetto bugs - I dont care what you say its still a cockroach and disgusting :p

But I love the bunny rabbits and ducks at the Polynesian :D Esp when the ducks decide to swim in the pool with us, then I think what if they decide to tinkle and/or poo... thats when I get out of the pool!

I'm too city for nature, ok? Even the little nature in Disney, sometimes its just a bit too much, I know I'm such a baby, but thats what city life will make you and I love the city anyhow :)

That is fine that you are more city than nature. If we where all the same well that would not be as fun. This is why I am happy that other people go to other parks that are not Disney. I know really cool people and Disney stuff is just not their thing, but that is cool and that makes me happy because we should not all be the same. I mean look at all of us who really love Disney many of us are very different from eachother also.

When I say I love all living creatures I mean I care for them and don't want to hurt them. Now some of these living creatures do kinda scare me and stuff, I just like to live a life that does not harm others, I do the best I can to try to see that I don't harm other living things.

BiggerTigger

I run into these creatures that are little and sometimes hairy, they droll and make funny noises. They are all over the place.

I wish I could think what they are called again, Um let me think, oh yeah, children, that is what they are called. And some of them smell funny too.

All kidding aside, usually just the lizards and love bugs.

Flower'sChild

BiggerTigger said:
I run into these creatures that are little and sometimes hairy, they droll and make funny noises. They are all over the place.

I wish I could think what they are called again, Um let me think, oh yeah, children, that is what they are called. And some of them smell funny too.

All kidding aside, usually just the lizards and love bugs.

I am a Child myself, in fact it's in my name " Flower'sChild " I am 6'3 so I am a Child that is one the more taller side :eek:

MissM

When I moved down to Florida (from PA) as a little girl, I was terrified of the lizzards. They simply don't exist in PA and they freaked me out. Now, well, I'm used to them. You can't go anywhere in Florida and not be surrounded by them.

The cutest things at Disney - especially MK - are the baby ducks and the bunnies. See them all the time around the Castle.

The worst are the darned sea gulls. Look people, they're not nice birds. They're mean. So don't feed 'em! Because they'll come and steal the food right out of your hand even if you aren't offering it to them. Sea gulls = rats with wings. (Plus they p-o-o-p on you. Which really ruins a day.) Trust me on this one, don't encourage the birds.
-m

edit: "p-o-o-p" is a bad word? :lol:

Lauriebar

Tigger1988 said:
One time in Epcot we saw tons of these little itty-bitty frogs...they looked like bugs but once you got down and looked closer they were frogs...cute little things

On our last trip in Oct. we were leaving World Showcase through the gardens just before Illuminations ended, when we kept noticing things jumping on the sidewalks and large splotches all over the sidewalks as well. Much to our horror we slowly realized that a large amount of small cute little frogs were trying to get from one side to the other for some reason and in the rush of people trying to leave EPCOT they were being smooshed underfoot!! I can honestly say that it was one of the most awful things that I have ever seen. I don't know if this always happens or if there was a certain reason all the frogs were attempting to get to the other side, all I know is that we felt helpless.

Disneyfan63

Last Nov at DAK we were walking back to ITTBAB and as we wee passing by he creek my son yelled "Mom, run!" because a snake was slithering up from the creek towards the pass. I hate most snakes, especially one roaming about freely.A CM saw it also and ran off to get the snake catcher. We saw him on the way out, thankfully without the snake.

Other than that we've only seen ducks, biirds, bunnies, countless liizards and my daughter saw a armadillo once.

3 months from today we'll be dining at O'Hauna and beginning our annual Disney vacation!!! :sohappy:

Tigger1988

Lauriebar said:
On our last trip in Oct. we were leaving World Showcase through the gardens just before Illuminations ended, when we kept noticing things jumping on the sidewalks and large splotches all over the sidewalks as well. Much to our horror we slowly realized that a large amount of small cute little frogs were trying to get from one side to the other for some reason and in the rush of people trying to leave EPCOT they were being smooshed underfoot!! I can honestly say that it was one of the most awful things that I have ever seen. I don't know if this always happens or if there was a certain reason all the frogs were attempting to get to the other side, all I know is that we felt helpless.

Yea one thing I noticed, though cute the little frogs highly resemble bugs. And we all know people have no problem squishing bugs...it was sad.

Woody13

MissM said:
When I moved down to Florida (from PA) as a little girl, I was terrified of the lizzards. They simply don't exist in PA and they freaked me out. Now, well, I'm used to them. You can't go anywhere in Florida and not be surrounded by them.

The cutest things at Disney - especially MK - are the baby ducks and the bunnies. See them all the time around the Castle.

The worst are the darned sea gulls. Look people, they're not nice birds. They're mean. So don't feed 'em! Because they'll come and steal the food right out of your hand even if you aren't offering it to them. Sea gulls = rats with wings. (Plus they p-o-o-p on you. Which really ruins a day.) Trust me on this one, don't encourage the birds.
-m

Early each day to the steps of Saint Paul's
The little MissM comes.
In her own special way to the people she calls,
"Don't feed the birds, they're bums.

Don't feed the little birds, they're mean and don't care
And you'll be glad if you don't.
Their young ones are hungry,
Their nests are so bare;
All it takes is to starve them we hope."

Don't feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.
"Don't feed the birds," that's what she cries,
While, the birds poke out guest's eyes.

All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares.

Though her words are simple and few,
Listen, listen, she's calling to you:
"Don't feed the birds, they're rats with wings,
Plus, all they'll do is p o o p on you."

:wave: :lol:

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
the ibis and the egrets that hang out in frontierland are addicted to McDonald's fries. we've had a great blue heron hang out with us while we played checkers there as well. take the train and watch to the left, there are alligators behind frontierland. grab one of the anodes (the lizards) by the tail and he'll drop it off, only to regenerate a new one.

makscopes

No one here has seen the beautiful deer at dusk?

If you ride the Monorail from the Magic Kingdom to Epcot around dusk you will usually see about 2 or 3 deer out for their dinner. It is always a pleasing see them.

One time, right next to the Coral Grill sign at Epcot, was a tiny baby bunnie rabbit with its mom. The bunnie was only about 3" long! It was one of the most adorable things that I ever have seen at the parks, and I have been many, many times! You should have seen the crowd of people looking at her (it had to be about 25 people). :kiss:

Tigger1988

makscopes said:
If you ride the Monorail from the Magic Kingdom to Epcot around dusk you will usually see about 2 or 3 deer out for their dinner. It is always a pleasing see them.

One time, right next to the Coral Grill sign at Epcot, was a tiny baby bunnie rabbit with its mom. The bunnie was only about 3" long! It was one of the most adorable things that I ever have seen at the parks, and I have been many, many times! You shold have seen the crowd of people looking at her (it had to be about 25 people). :kiss:

For the first time in all my many trips to disney I saw deer! I was amazed, we saw 4 in a 2 minute period.

Connor002

MissM said:

-m

#1- yay PA!

#2- Your right, i don't think they exsist here

#3- Ducks and Bunnies are cute!

#4- You're right, sea gulls are pure evil, at the NJ shore, they steal the hot dogs right out of the buns while you're still holding it

#5- I don't think ________ is a bad word, a little crude, but no "bad", and they feel no remorse for pooping on you, somtimes i think they aim for you :lookaroun

summergirl32

I have seen a snake at Blizzard Beach, deer at the entrance of Wilderness Lodge and a huge armadilla on a path at the Wilderness Lodge. I had never seen one before and it scared the life out of me! It just walked right in front of me.

There are these black flies which fly very slowly.
What's so special about them you might ask.
Well, they always land on their backs and it takes a couple of time until they can take off again.

cindy_k

Connor002 said:
#5- I don't think ________ is a bad word, a little crude, but no "bad", and they feel no remorse for pooping on you, somtimes i think they aim for you :lookaroun

p o o p is but pooping isn't. That's funny! :hammer:

I've seen Lizards, Bunnies, Duckies, Love Bugs, and Momma Bird defending Baby Bird from the Evil people waiting to go to the Bathroom at Epcot over by the Land pavilion near the talking water fountain.

I have never seen an Alligator, but I have read that others have seen them.

Edit: I forgot the snake at the Wilderness Lodge! Yikes! :eek: It was little but I don't like em, not one bit.

Nemo14

We used to see deer every morning at CBR when we were waiting for the bus, but that was before they built the new hotel next door. We often see deer over by the Contemporary in the evening though. We've also seen lots of bunnies, lizards, an occasional armadillo, alligators, and even a cat at the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom