what costume should I wear to MNSSHP?

disneybuff79

Original Poster
I wanted to get some insight on this because it will be my first party, I am so excited!!! What costumes are generally seen down there, any scary masks or anything? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Captain Hank

It really runs the gamut. Most Guests shy away from anything particularly scary, and masks are not allowed, for safety reasons. Often, you'll see some really creative costumes around. In past years, there was a family that dressed up as FastPasses and another that went as the family from the Carousel of Progress. One of the more creative costumes that I've seen this year was a family dressed as the Sorcerer's Apprentice. Dad was in a Mickey costume, complete with red robe and blue hat; while the rest of the family wore brown t-shirts and grass skirts (the brooms). They all carried buckets to hold candy.

Ilovewishes

My first party too! We're going to the one on 6 Oct and I was hoping for a bit of help as well.

We are planning to spend all day at MK and know that we will have to leave and re-enter with our party tickets, but will we be able to get changed at MK? (we are staying off-site and don't want to have to go all the way home and all the way back again!) We don't mind getting changed in the toilets!!

Also, I am desperate to get my face painted and I read on here something about free face painting at Toon Town? Is that true? Is there anywhere else I can get my face painted? I just want something sparkly to go with my fairy costume!

So excited!!!:D

EaglesfanNJ

First timer here too for MNNSHP! After going back and forth, i too decided i'll be dressing up. Going 1 week from today.. 1 year old daughter will be Little Mermaid, Wife going as Tink. Now i wanted to do something kind of masculine, but still wanted to get into the spirit. Found a great Indiana Jones costume at a store around here... hat, whip, the works!

My first party too! We're going to the one on 6 Oct and I was hoping for a bit of help as well.

We are planning to spend all day at MK and know that we will have to leave and re-enter with our party tickets, but will we be able to get changed at MK? (we are staying off-site and don't want to have to go all the way home and all the way back again!) We don't mind getting changed in the toilets!!

Also, I am desperate to get my face painted and I read on here something about free face painting at Toon Town? Is that true? Is there anywhere else I can get my face painted? I just want something sparkly to go with my fairy costume!

So excited!!!:D

Yep you can get your face painted in toon town. We do it every trip! They are really fast and it lasts all day!

Captain Hank

We are planning to spend all day at MK and know that we will have to leave and re-enter with our party tickets,
Actually, you don't have to do that. Starting at about 4:00 there will be a wristbanding station set up in the rose garden in front of the castle. You can get your wristband, event map and treat bag right there without having to leave the park. And, yes, Guests change in the park restrooms.

EPCOTPluto

It really runs the gamut. Most Guests shy away from anything particularly scary, and masks are not allowed, for safety reasons.
Funny you mention that. This previous Friday, I recall that there were some costumes that deviate from those two.

For example, I remember seeing groups with realistic flesh wounds and blood marks. Also, throughout the park, I think I counted about 20 families that wore full masks, & weren't reprimanded when walking by what appear to be CM managers. :brick:

Had I known, I would've worn my half-mask...

...and another that went as the family from the Carousel of Progress.
Really? The most creative that night was four teens as the Darlings and Peter Pan! :D

Yep you can get your face painted in toon town. We do it every trip! They are really fast and it lasts all day!
But be prepared for a LONG wait. :rolleyes:

draybook

On our trip last year we came across two guys dressed up like the Super Mario Bros. Awesome stuff. I'll post a pic of them if I can find it.

edit: found it!

disneyworld9-9-08640.jpg

Buried20KLeague

We usually go as Mickey Mouse Club members. It's easy, people always make comments to us, and best of all, with names on our shirts, people (including face characters at parades) always yell out our names. The kids LOVE that. And it's easy. Mickey ears, add bows to them for the girls, t-shirts with your names on them, and navy skirts for the girls and navy shorts for the boys. Easy to pack, easy and cheap to make. Here's a pic:

picture.php

freebird

"Strike the heavens with thine drill!" "Aye mine brother!"

Personally, I will be going as Shimon, while my (noticably taller) friend will be my Aniki! Do you think anyone will recognize us?

As for the question, dress as something close to your heart!

wdwwdeagle

The Sorcerer's idea is really creative....
My DH has a the Sorcerer's costume. It's awesome! We bought it online for our trip in 2006 (ugh! has it been that long since we went to MNSSHP?).
Also bought online were the pocahantas for DD, cap'n jack for DS and Minnie for me. There are some websites that carry lots of fun costumes for grown ups and kids, both Disney and non.

When we went, we just rented a locker for the day, kept the costumes in there and then changed after dinner and put our regular clothes in the locker. It worked like a charm!

Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom