What classic disney movie needs a ride.

Gumpy13

a classic movie i would love to see Aladdin or Lion King both big great movies that lend themselves to a fun ride that has a huge audience. I would love pixar movies but they are too knew in my opinion to consider classics.

dman1373

Original Poster
i think fantasia would be the perfect dark ride. Just have it so that the ride mechanics change from scene to scene.

MickeyPeace

It was rumored at one time that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was to be in a film about Tommorowland.

Why doesn't Disney just combine the two movies the Rock has been in and make it a ride?

You ride to Witch Mountain where you meet his ex gf of which he had a child out of wedlock and didn't know existed. The child gets dumped in the car with you and you have to care for her until you can dump her with the gf again at the end of the ride.

The Game Plan anyone?

steamboat wil

Most people probably wouldn't like it but I think the disney animated Robin Hood would have made a good addition to "fantasy forest" it would have fit in great with the theme being beyond the castle walls. It is a popular story and using the cartoon characters in a dark ride would be fun for people and it would retell a classic story. Just my 2 cents.

Bairstow

Why doesn't Disney just combine the two movies the Rock has been in and make it a ride?

You ride to Witch Mountain where you meet his ex gf of which he had a child out of wedlock and didn't know existed. The child gets dumped in the car with you and you have to care for her until you can dump her with the gf again at the end of the ride.

The Game Plan anyone?

0624splashmountainrock4.jpg

Walt Disney1955

What is honestly the deal with the lack of a Lion King dark ride? It isn't as if they don't have space for it. Animal Kingdom would be a perfect fit and I think it would have fit in much better than Avatar. I love the Lion King show, and they should keep it, but if Finding Nemo can have two attractions on WDW property then why can't Lion King?

I think Disney needs to take advantage of the movies that are popular or classics. Ones that will never die. Lion King will never die because generations will continue to see it, similar to Snow White.

I seriously think that a Lion King "land" or Pirates of the Caribbean "land" would have been just as immersive as Avatar and more true to the Disney spirit. Avatar is fine, but it isn't a Disney movie. It is based on a guy who was all for destroying the land of some blue aliens and rapidly changed his mind the second he got laid by one of the girls. Am I accurate on this one?

mrksmpsn

I think all Disney classics should have something themed after them in the parks but not necessarily a ride since that would be impossible. It could be a gift shop or restaurant etc...

I wonder if an attraction that has separate scenes from several movies would work (kind of like the Great Movie Ride but featuring Disney classics animatronics and not human cast members). It would be neat to ride up to a scene, hear a key song or significant part of it, and then move on to the next scene (sort of like combining the Great Movie ride, the Carousel of Progress, and Philharmagic all into one ride). This ride would be a tame version for all ages.

Another ride based on this concept would be more of an e-ticket ride that took you on a dark ride coaster through scenes in key movies. Maybe do the scenes for the climbs so you could enjoy seeing them, and then have smaller animatronic characters or movie themed elements along the way as you ride the rest of the coaster. Maybe a ride based on Disney villans from the movies.

The concept would be that over time as new movies are released you combine acts from several of them and creat another new ride concept. Of course by then there could be some additional ways to present a series of movies in one attraction.

You can't please all of the people all of the time--but maybe this would represent as many of our favorite and unsung movies as possible in attractions!

natron20

I'd give anything if one of my favorites got a little more attention, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Alas, I'm not holding my breath.

HM GhostHostess

I'd give anything if one of my favorites got a little more attention, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Alas, I'm not holding my breath.

Definitely. A Who Framed Roger Rabbit attraction is well overdue. Maybe Disney can dust off some of the old Roger Rabbit attraction plans that were to become a part of the Disney-MGM Studios. I think a Maroon Studios "land" at Disney's Hollywood Studios would fit in nicely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom