What classic disney movie needs a ride.

tarin24u

101 Dalmatians could go the way of Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear. Lion King and Incredibles definitely need rides. Princess and the Frog and Tangles should have some sort of inclusion in the princess stuff eventually.

Magenta Panther

What is honestly the deal with the lack of a Lion King dark ride? It isn't as if they don't have space for it. Animal Kingdom would be a perfect fit and I think it would have fit in much better than Avatar. I love the Lion King show, and they should keep it, but if Finding Nemo can have two attractions on WDW property then why can't Lion King?

I think Disney needs to take advantage of the movies that are popular or classics. Ones that will never die. Lion King will never die because generations will continue to see it, similar to Snow White.

I seriously think that a Lion King "land" or Pirates of the Caribbean "land" would have been just as immersive as Avatar and more true to the Disney spirit. Avatar is fine, but it isn't a Disney movie. It is based on a guy who was all for destroying the land of some blue aliens and rapidly changed his mind the second he got laid by one of the girls. Am I accurate on this one?

I couldn't agree more! Well said! :sohappy: For my part, I'd vote for a Lion King ride in AK and an Epic Mickey ride in DHS - including Oswald!

Magenta Panther

Mary Poppins and Sleeping Beauty are excellent source material for dark rides.

Since they're building a Ratatouille attraction in Paris from a rat-sized perspective, a ride based on The Rescuers in the same vein would be quite interesting....So would a superhero ride themed to The Incredibles....and can we p-p-p-please get a Roger Rabbit ride of some kind in Florida?

I agree with all of your suggestions. Sleeping Beauty could be a standout ride...thanks to the dragon alone.

And yes, Roger is WAY overdue for a comeback IMO.

Magenta Panther

where would you guys put these rides and would you tear down old rides to put them in?

Well, now that's a question. The only ride in all of WDW that really needs to be replaced altogether IMO is Jungle Cruise...it is soooo cheezy and lame. Time for it to go! After that, since it's in Adventure Land, perhaps a Lion King or Jungle Book ride could replace it. You could cruise past scenes from either movie. Or...heck, just keep the "Jungle Cruise" title for the ride, and then refurb it with scenes from both those films, instead of the now-unconvincing hippos, lions and elephants. That could be kinda awesome...

SyracuseOrange

What is honestly the deal with the lack of a Lion King dark ride? It isn't as if they don't have space for it. Animal Kingdom would be a perfect fit and I think it would have fit in much better than Avatar. I love the Lion King show, and they should keep it, but if Finding Nemo can have two attractions on WDW property then why can't Lion King?

I think Disney needs to take advantage of the movies that are popular or classics. Ones that will never die. Lion King will never die because generations will continue to see it, similar to Snow White.

I seriously think that a Lion King "land" or Pirates of the Caribbean "land" would have been just as immersive as Avatar and more true to the Disney spirit. Avatar is fine, but it isn't a Disney movie. It is based on a guy who was all for destroying the land of some blue aliens and rapidly changed his mind the second he got laid by one of the girls. Am I accurate on this one?

Lion King does already have two.

HM GhostHostess

There are so many classic Disney films and I love them a lot. However, it seems that Iger's Disney only produces attractions based on previously existing characters or some type of source material. Honestly, there are not too many surprising elements in an attraction based on popular culture because you already know the general story and the characters.

I would much rather have more attractions that are completely original and are not based on a film. A few great examples of these types of attractions are the Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, Expedition Everest, and Pirates of the Caribbean (before Jack Sparrow destroyed the original ride's charm).

I don't, however, hate or dislike attractions based on films. Disneyland and Walt Disney World opened with a handful of these types of attractions and they would be where they are today without them. Trust me, I love attractions like Star Tours, Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White's Scary Adventures, etc. I just feel that Disney is overloading everything with characters and it all feels like push to encourage more merchandise sales.

shmmrname

Mulan / Brother Bear - a few that would fit in World Showcase

Disney Afternoons (Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Rescue Rangers, etc.) - Please.

Skipper Dan

They should really do a Jungle Book dark ride in AK. It's a classic that has stood the test of time. And a perfect fit.

This actually caught my eye enough to make me post a reply...

This actually ain't that bad of an idea. I mean, it's different, and it could easily fit in AK, and it'd add an actual frickin' dark ride to AK.

Done as well as the Little Mermaid ride, what they can now do with dark rides would be amazing.

Skipper Dan

There are so many classic Disney films and I love them a lot. However, it seems that Iger's Disney only produces attractions based on previously existing characters or some type of source material. Honestly, there are not too many surprising elements in an attraction based on popular culture because you already know the general story and the characters.

I would much rather have more attractions that are completely original and are not based on a film. A few great examples of these types of attractions are the Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, Expedition Everest, and Pirates of the Caribbean (before Jack Sparrow destroyed the original ride's charm).

I don't, however, hate or dislike attractions based on films. Disneyland and Walt Disney World opened with a handful of these types of attractions and they would be where they are today without them. Trust me, I love attractions like Star Tours, Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White's Scary Adventures, etc. I just feel that Disney is overloading everything with characters and it all feels like push to encourage more merchandise sales.

I hate simple-minded statements like this, I swear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom