What attractions actually have the characters ride with you?

durangojim

Original Poster
I know that the first ride of the day at Barnstomer actually has Goofy or Pluto riding it with the guests. Waiting in line at POTC we have occasionally seen and interacted with Capt. Jack. Are there any other attractions where this type of thing happens?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I've seen the White Rabbit ride the teacups, Genie and Abu as well as the country bears ride Aladin's magic carpets in adventureland (MVMCP), Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear on Splash Mountain (in the 90's), Pluto and Goofy on Cindy's Carousel (evening EMH), Mary Poppins and Bert on Cindy's carousel, and Mickey and Minnie on Dumbo (evening emh). Of course you can also see various characters on the train in the morning for the Magic Kingdom welcome show.

MKCP 1985

I had always thought they only did that for commercials and publicity shots...

nope, if you read the trip reports around here, every so often someone will post a photo of characters on the rides.

Not saying it is common, but it happens from time to time. :wave:

_Scar

Iguanadon on DINOSAURS for only a short period. He friggin disappears out of nowhere after the ride after we save him. Talk about rude. :mad:

drew81

I've riden the Teacups with Alice and Mad Hatter twice. I've road Magic Carpets with Aladdin and Jasmine and I've also riden with Wendell.

urbanvegan

We did some kind of Magic Kingdom mystery tour in the 90's that had us trying to save Tink from Captain Hook. At the finale, we met with Peter Pan, -and then rode Peter Pan's Flight with Peter and Wendy.

It was dope.

disneydata

Alice and the Mad Hatter do the first ride of the day on the teacups. Hook/Smee used to ride on PotC (before Jack was added) until Hook decided it would be funny to stand just before the drop.

Jack will go inside the queue when it's raining and they can't do the show. This also happens at the Tower of Terror and the Citizens of Hollywood want to stay dry.

Mansion Butler

I've ridden Star Tours with a Stormtrooper.

4672_599898376953_27216850_36094738_76973_n.jpg

He wagged his finger at me after this for taking flash photography.

happymom52003

Captain Hook and Mr. Smee rode POTC with us. They came out of nowhere, right before we were about to load. It was awesome because it was our kid's first trip, and this was our last ride on our last night. Before our trip, I asked my four year old son which character he was most excited about meeting (fully expecting him to say Mickey), and he said Mr. Smee....lol.:confused::shrug:
So that made the experience extra special!

DSC00543.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom