What are your reccomendations for the best sit down restaurent in EPCOT

PamelaNiebergal

Sorry if there had already been a thread on this topic but I just wanted to hear some fresh opinions. For our upcoming trip we can only afford to eat at a couple of sit down restaurents and there are so many options at EPCOT. What do you guys reccomend as the best for atmosphere and food quality? Any advice would be appreciated.

KumbaRider

In World Showcase you really can't go wrong with your choices. If you're looking at a single price consider the buffets (Norway and Germany), both are great and you can eat as much as you would like. In terms of ordering off of a menu, in the $$ range Mexico and Morocco are great, I highly recommend them. Of course, if you want an exciting meal try Japan, due to the live entertainment. You should be happy wherever you eat.

Upvote 0

EpcotGrl

Restaurant Marrakesh at Morocco...it's never packed, it's very quiet and beautiful in there. The food is AWESOME (and this is coming from a VERY picky eater), and you get entertainment! It's by far my favorite restaurant at WDW, and I've eaten at all of them ;)

Upvote 0

dandaman

I highly recommend the Garden Grill Restaurant in The Land. However, I'm not sure if it was demolished/renovated with Soarin's arrival.

Upvote 0
PamelaNiebergal said:
Sorry if there had already been a thread on this topic but I just wanted to hear some fresh opinions. For our upcoming trip we can only afford to eat at a couple of sit down restaurents and there are so many options at EPCOT. What do you guys reccomend as the best for atmosphere and food quality? Any advice would be appreciated.
'

My Favorite of all Time is "The Electric Umbrella" I love it there
Or the Restaurant in Mexico

Upvote 0

swimmom

If you want a good steak, LeCellier! We're going for a long weekend in Decmeber, and I'm already planning on a good steak at LeCellier and the pretzel bread too! :slurp:

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I have never had a bad meal at Epcot and think I have been to all the sit down restaurants in the world showcase. I guess I would have to say for a more unique experience I would recommend Marakesh in Morocco. The food was great and it has a show. I also always love Akershus in Norway (cant get enough of the cold buffet section) We also never miss the San Angel Inn in Mexico. I love the atmosphere inside. But no matter where you decide to go im sure it will be great.

Upvote 0

Susan39

We really enjoyed the Coral Reef. We had a fantastic waitress, and it is just very cool to be eating right in front of the giant aquarium. The food was excellent also. It was one of the highlights of our last trip.

We also enjoyed the French restaurant. We have eaten both upstairs and downstairs, but enjoyed downstairs better. In fact I didn't like my meal upstairs at all.

We had a lot of fun at the Italian restaurant. I don't really recall how good the food was, but it was a very fun experience.

If it was up to me, I would eat my way around the world showcase! I love all of the dining options at Epcot, and would like to try them all. If I could only pick one restaurant of the ones we've gone to, I would recommend the Coral Reef.

Upvote 0

vilegirl

Epcot has so many wonderful restaurants. I'd have to say that Coral Reef and Le Cellier are my two favorites. I like Alfredo di Roma, but I've only been once and our waiter wasn't the best, so I'm going to go back on a future trip this year and then I'll feel better giving an opinion. :lol: Also, Rose and Crown was wonderful!! The beer sampler was alot of fun. :)

Upvote 0

*PlutoFan*

My favorites are both of the places in France. Bistro de Paris is great but it is expensive. Chefs de France is cheaper if your trying to save. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Maleficent98

I was a Cast Member for 6 years and recently left Disney last year. I have had the wonderful opportunity to try almost every restaurant in EPCOT. Here are my favorites:

1) Japan - Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki
2) Germany - Biergarten
3) Coral Reef
4) China - Nine Dragons
5) Mexico - San Angel Inn

Best wishes for a magical time!

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great opinions. I'm not sure if I know better which one to pick but I am much more confident that no matter what I pick I will have a great time :). I think I'm going to have to try and save up so I can try a couple of the restaurants since they all sound so great and there are no real obvious favorites across the board. :lol:

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I have to vote for Nine Dragons. I know that it wasn't so hot there for a while, but it is just extraordinary now! By far our favorite (and eating in Epcot is a BIG part of our vacation). I would have to say we have tried Le Chefs de France on several occasions and have had cold food and bad service every time. We keep trying it every few trips to see if it has improved, but it has not, at least when we've eaten there. I'm looking forward to eating in Garden Grill again too. I've missed that place!

Upvote 0

RedGear

i feel your pain

I was trying to plan out where to go and what to eat at Disney World and we found out that the majority of the places we are eating at are in epcot!!

I have only ate at Italy and Coral Reef. Coarl reef is awesome and has a beautiful view. But we are planning on eatting at Japan at Mitsuckoshi, and Mexico, along with Coral Reef again. I'll let you know if they are any good!

Good luck and have fun at disney!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I will go along with many in that you probably can't go wrong with most of the places. All have atmosphere, the countries have very interesting staff that are generally nicely engaging, and menu's are good.

I personally like Le Cellier (Canada), Chef's de France, Morocco and Mexico.
Living Seas has is fun near the windows, don't like the rest of the decor and think there is better seafood elsewhere, also pricy.
Living in the Northeast, I am a bit spoiled by good Italian food, so find Italy OK, but not exceptional. Norway is interesting, but the menu isn't for everyone.

Now if you can wait for Food and Wine Festival...it really gets difficult! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom