What are your Best and LEAST favorite resorts you have stayed at and why

Iteachwood

We have stayed at Poly( honeymoon 1985),Wilderness Ldg,Port Orleans, Riverside ( Dixie Landings),Pop,AllStar Movies, AllStar Sports, AllStar Music, Carribean, Coronado.
Our FAVORITE is still Polynesian, although we can't afford it right now. Its so relaxing,mellow, close to the Kingdom,and has 2 great restraunts in Kona Cafe and Ohana.
Our least ( and this is tough because they are all good) is probably AllStar Music. We had bad experience there, people smoking outside our doors and ewe had to constantly tell main desk.

**** I meant resorts in thread not resoret!!! typical me

fixed it :wave:

216bruce

Stayed at Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach and Animal Kingdom. Loved 'em all. Looked around at Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Coronado and All-Stars. The only one I have no desire to stay at is the All-stars and that is only because of the rep it has for large youth groups staying there. It looked fine. My fave is Wilderness Lodge for a deluxe category and Port Orleans Riverside for mid-price. Just because of the theming. Wilderness Lodge is my own "heaven".

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

My wife and I have stayed (in order) at
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Port Orleans - Riverside
Saratoga Springs resort (became DVC members)
Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk Villas

Have also stayed at Hilton Head and, "in a previous life," Vero Beach.

I think we'd both agree that our favorite is Animal Kingdom Lodge. Honestly, I can't pick one for a least favorite; each one had some negatives, but nothing that stands out in a way that I could say "ugh, never again." Closest I could do would be to say that, the worst WDW trip we ever took was the trip where we stayed at Riverside. It coincided with Spring/Easter Break. We were prepared for the parks to be insane. What was surprising was how crowded the resort itself was, all the time. We never really used the main pool because there was never a place to put your gear, every chair, table, square inch of land had a towel or a croc or a piece of clothing that claimed it as someone else, and we're not the type of doo schnozzles to just flick people's belongings aside. And waits for the food court were mind numbingly long. But again, we loved the resort, and those sorts of problems could have just as easily existed at every other resort that time of year, so I'd be hard pressed to pin it on the resort itself.

Next trip (which, depending on our family situation might have to be nixed), I manged to snag a Treehouse Villa. There's still a mighty real possibility that we'll swap out for another DVC resort, especially if some people who wanted to come with us change their minds. I've also floated the idea of trying to go to Anaheim instead. But I wanted to be prepared. I always wanted to stay in the original Treehouse Villas, and I'm excited about the new ones, too. But the one negative I've heard is how far they are from the main building; no refillable mugs on that trip!

Upvote 0

Prince-1

Favorite: Boardwalk Villas (our favorite), Polynesian, Beach Club

Least Favorite: Bay Lake Tower...My family just stayed there for the first time two weeks ago and I thought that it was completely overrated. It had no theming to it, lobby was non-exisitent, pool was ok. Really disappointed with it.

Upvote 0
Favorite deluxe: Poly, hands down. Coming in second is the Wilderness Lodge.

Favorite moderate: Coronado Springs; felt like a deluxe.

Least favorite: POFQ (so kill me...I just didn't get it)

Upvote 0

Dishost

I have stayed at:
Contemporary (5 times)
Polynesian
Grand Floridian
French Quarter (3 times)
Riverside (2 times)
Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs
All Stars Movies
All Stars Sports
Pop Century
Villas before it became Saratoga Springs (2 times)

My favorite is the Contemporary...my first resort when I was 4. I am now 33, and I still dream of taking my two girls to the resort with a room over looking the Magic Kingdom like my first time. Unfortuately I have traded more days at Disney World, we stayed 3 nights when I was 4 because of only one park back then, for the more expensive hotel price.

My least favorite was Coronado Springs. It was a vacation where everything went wrong. Maybe the resort was not to blame, but I think of the bad times pf that vacation and the resort comes into my head. I do think the food court adding an automatic tip irritated me the most.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

You can see where I've stayed in my signature.

Favorite is Wilderness Lodge. Theming, food, service, pools, location is perfect.

Least favorite would have to be Old Key West. Felt more like a huge retirement complex.

Upvote 0

darthokeefe

Alright ....Over the years.(starting in 1975)

Poly (1975)
Ft Wilderness (1979)
Riverside (2x)
French Quarter
Coronado Springs
Animal Kingdom Lodge
AS Sports
AS Music
Caribbean Beach
Beach Club
Boardwalk Villas
Old Key West
Contemporary
Dolphin
Saratoga Springs
Wilderness Lodge

I have not stayed at AS MOVIES, POP, SWAN, Yacht Club, Floridian.

Now bash me If you like but our favorite place to stay so far has been one I feel is truly underrated..1)..Saratoga Springs Resort...Love our recent stay there..(admittedly the place is huge but we had perfect room near paddock and springs pools and made the most of it) I certainly don't understand the "Doesn't feel like Disney" criticism it gets I think its Magical and is gorgeous in the early Am and night hours

2)Second favorite is Riverside..love the atmosphere here and feel it is far and away the best mod resort.

Hate to say it but least favorite has to bee the two all star resorts..rooms are really small and they are so spread out..my room in County Inn at AS Music took at least 10 minutes to even get to the lobby
I know some people don't like outside hallways but if you overlook these two gems I feel you are doing yourself a disservice,

Upvote 0

PalisadesPkteer

I have stayed at,

Pop Century (6 times)

Caribbean Beach (1 time)

All Star Movies (1 time)

Comfort Inn LBV (4 times)

Days Inn LBV (1 time)

Favorites: Pop Century and Caribbean Beach

Worst: All Star Movies

The off site Comfort Inn LBV is now a Clarion Inn LBV with updated beds etc. actually nice. The Days Inn LBV is now a Radisson (not stayed there since the change)

If I had my choice of these I would stay at CB again if I had the money. But love Pop anyways/

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I have stayed in

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
Wilderness Lodge - (Villas and Lodge)
Saratoga Springs
Beach Club Villas
Boardwalk
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans - Riverside
Pop Century
All Star Movies

Hands down favorite is the Wilderness Lodge Villas. I love the common area in that building and the quiet pool that is right next to the building. I also like the peek-out balconies in the roof, but have not had one of those rooms yet. It is also close enough to the main building to not be a hassle (but Roaring Forks is a bit of a walk)

As for least favorite - I don't like Pop and AS:Mo just because of the motel atmosphere and lack of a table service restaurant.

I also do not like the way Caribbean beach has the Customs House with check-in/out and DME service in an entirely different part of the resort than the main building where the food and shops are. That's a personal thing though. I have a habit on my last day. I go to a park in the AM, I come back to resort and hang out by the pool the rest of the day. I then eat an early dinner at the resort, get my bag out of bell services, and stroll out the DME - rested and relaxed. In CB I have to get on a resort bus and make sure I over to the Customs House, where I then sit and wait with nothing at all to do there. Picky I know, but thats the reason.

-dave

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Contemporary (4)
Poly (2)
Off-site (2)

Fave = Contemporary for many of the same reasons stated above by other fans of the A-frame

Least = none really. Haven't had a negative stay yet.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Have stayed at:

Poly
Contemporary
Beach Club
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Wilderness Lodge
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Caribbean Beach Resort

Favorite: Animal Kingdom Lodge for the theme that isn't easy to replicate anywhere else in the U.S.

Least: CBR because the size is a little overwhelming and inconvenient.

If Santa came down the chimney right now and said you can go to any of these but you cannot choose, I would be MORE than happy to go to any!!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Stayed at Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Yacht & Beach Clubs, BoardWalk, Dolphon, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian

Our favorite is Yacht Club by a mile. It suits our needs best.

Obviously our least favorite was ASMovies--it's a value Resort so that really isn't all that fair.

We were MOST DISAPPOINTED with Polynesian. Big letdown, it had a longer list of things we missed than we had anticipated.

Upvote 0

stlbobby

I have stayed at every resort except Pop, GF, POFQ, and The Treehouses but I have done SS many times. I have toured all of the resorts extensively.

All Stars-The most Disneyesque theming on property. If they had hot tubs and were better DVC values I'd never go anywhere else.

SS and OKW-Big rooms, beautiful resorts with great accessibility to DD. These are quiet relaxing places, great for big groups and family reunions.

Wilderness Lodge-Amazing, good location. My first choice for the holidays.

Contemporary-Fun, great location, great restaurants.

CBR-Festive theme. Great amenities for families. It is huge, but the layout creates a cozy feel, and it has tons of bus-stops so it is actually less walking than many other resorts.

AKL-If you like watching the animals this is a must do. Great restaurants, a bit remote.

BW-Great theme and location.

Y&BC-Wonderful feel, great pool, perfect location, and Beaches and Cream.

Fort Wilderness-Great if you are a camper.

PORS-OK resort. Seemed like a Value Resort at a Moderate price.

CS-A bit sterile for my tastes. Also seemed bigger and more remote than it actually was.

Poly-Not really that impressed. The rooms were underwhelming and the walk to the buses and monorail was way too long. I enjoy the beach and 'Ohanas, but I can do those without staying there.

Upvote 0

dave1105

We have stayed at All Star Movies, Pop Century, Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge.

I would say our favorite would be Polynesian, followed close behind by Wilderness Lodge. I certainly think you get what you pay for when you stay on site. The theming and the rooms are alot nicer in my opinion. I would love to at some point stay at some of the Epcot deluxe resorts, they look nice and the proximity to Epcot and the Boardwalk is awesome.

I enjoyed Pop Century as well. Pop although it is a value resort we still enjoyed it. I didn't experience the thin wall noise that I have heard about. Of course it could also be that when we get back to the room we are usually so tired that zonk out until the morning.

Least favorite would be All Star Movies. All Star Movies was our first experience staying on site. We drove to get there but used the buses to go to and from the parks. Since ASM is at the end of the line of the All Star Resorts we found when we were there that sometimes the buses were full before they even got to our resort. The theming outside was great to be fair, but the rooms inside were nothing special and on the small side.

Upvote 0
CBR -- by a Caribbean mile

Our favorite is CBR -- great views, wonderful theming of the buildings, beautiful lake, rooms are great for a moderate. Won't stay anywhere else until we win the lottery and can move up to a monorail resort by MK.

Least favorite was Riverside -- sprawling resort, our room was impossibly far from food court, and our building was hard to find -- they all LOOK ALIKE! Bus service was slow, and the trips to every park took a long time. Also, we're from St. Louis, and staying in Riverside was like being in a Radisson out by the airport here. Yawn.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I have stayed at:

AKL
Boardwalk
Boardwalk Villas
Swan & Dolphin
Yacht Club
Polynesian
Contemporary
Wilderness Lodge
CBR
The Old Disney Institute

My least favorite were the Disney Institute, and CBR

Ranking the others would depend upon why I'm at WDW, but if I'm not there for any special events, and am taking a leisurely trip, I prefer AKL.

I forgot to add - I didn't like CBR because it was too spread out, I don't like having to drive to/from check-in, the rooms were too small, even for just 3 of us, and I prefer a Queen or larger bed if I'm sharing.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

You can see below where we have stayed. WL is our HOME AWAY FROM HOME to date...staying at Boardwalk Inn next so this may chage for me...sure it wont for DH!!! Least favorite would have to All Stars due to the volume of people that are hearded on and off the buses at parks close and lack of food choices. Next in line would be POFQ for their lack of management.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom