What are ya'll reading

jake

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone had read any good books lately.

I just finished The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. It was a good read if anyone is interested.

Now I am waiting on Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King to be released. It's due out the first of November.

If you have read something you think is good let me know!

:wave:

jake

Original Poster
Originally posted by Lil'mermaid
I just fimished "Catcher in the Rye". It was OK... I had to read it for school. :)

I read it in school as well. I remember thinking it was ok, not one of my favorites but an alright book.

Lil'mermaid

Originally posted by jake
I read it in school as well. I remember thinking it was ok, not one of my favorites but an alright book.

I didn't really understand it. Tho my quiz grades don't reflect that! :lol: :lookaroun

jake

Original Poster
Originally posted by Lil'mermaid
I didn't really understand it. Tho my quiz grades don't reflect that! :lol: :lookaroun

That's good:) . It has been so long since I read it I really don't remember a lot other than it being kind of a coming of age for Holden Caufield. I always thought the most interesting thing about the book was that it was so popular at one time that its author, JD Salinger became a recluse. I always thought that was kinda strange.:rolleyes:

Shaman

A couple of books:

"The Face"--By: Dean Koontz

Someone recommended a book...that I'm going to use as research for something I'm writing (its NEW AGE stuff):

"Many Lives Many Masters"--By: Dr. Brian Weiss

oh well some suggestions.....

:hammer:

imagineer99

A Little book called..."Holes"

I've read it like five times, and I can't get enough. It really is a brilliant piece of youth fiction (the movie was fantastic too).

For school...

I have to read "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" by Stephen King

monorail256

For school, I have to read 'The Pearl' by John Steinbeck...

...normally I'm not a very big reader, but lately have started to become addicted to the Star Wars 'expanded universe' books... While sometimes its hard to understand because you are not familiar with some new characters... they're pretty good.:D

tigsmom

Originally posted by hmppan
Just finished reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and before I read The Da Vinci Code

Just got the Da Vinci Code today! There is a waiting list at the library that is 200 people long. :eek:

Got mine from my MIL. None in the stores around here.

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by tigsmom
Just got the Da Vinci Code today! There is a waiting list at the library that is 200 people long. :eek:

Got mine from my MIL. None in the stores around here.
OMG it's amazing Read Angels and Demons too It's the book b/f The Da Vinci Code in the series. Most ppl don't realize that it's a series.

tigsmom

Originally posted by hmppan
OMG it's amazing Read Angels and Demons too It's the book b/f The Da Vinci Code in the series. Most ppl don't realize that it's a series.

A series?! Oh man, I have to read another one first? :(
back to the book store. (wish I still worked there.)

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by tigsmom
A series?! Oh man, I have to read another one first? :(
back to the book store. (wish I still worked there.)
It actually doesn't matter what order you read them in b/c it just is another book with the same main character.

Captain Cab

I recently finished reading Sean Hannity's "Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism".

I'm currently reading Ann H. Coulter's "Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom