What are the "strange" things you look forward to?

iKat

Hearing 'Driver, we're clear to you' ... beep beep on the tram... I always get just a little bummed if the driver doesn't honk

DizneyPryncess

I love this thread - reading other people's favorite moments makes me look forward to going back!

Some of my favorites:

-Riding Astro Orbitor with my husband. I love the view!
-Watching the Electrical Water Pageant & Wishes from the Polynesian.
-Getting a muffin from the Main Street Bakery on my way down the street
-The smell of Rome burning, gotta steal that one!
-Getting tempura at Teppan Edo
-Trying to pull the sword out of the stone
-The park opening ceremony at MK
-Riding the monorail
-Smelling the orange trees on Soarin

jeffk410

Original Poster
ah I am so pumped for the park opening ceremony now! thats a good one. This is helping build my excitement more.

Yensid40

Hearing 'Driver, we're clear to you' ... beep beep on the tram... I always get just a little bummed if the driver doesn't honk

Well that's not good. Beep Beep is an acknowledgment of the all clear as well as a warning for motion. I hope the driver always honks.

jeffk410

Original Poster
i have never heard a driver not beep.
I also love the first sight of the tower of terror from the street. And the tower of terror ad( idk what to call it ).

wdwwdeagle

We arrive via the Daniel Webster Beltway, so seeing the Contemporary, SSE, Swolphin, and now BLT in the distance about a mile before we get to Western Way is THE moment I know I'm finally there.

Then there's the welcome arch on Western Way; I always cheer (just love embarrassing my kids).

Then another BIG moment of excitement is coming into our room for the first time. I just love checking out the view, the soft goods, the bathroom, towel animals, everything.

And finally, seeing the monorail for the first time. Sometimes it's the EPCOT loop, and we see it going alongside us as we drive toward our hotel, sometimes it's the resort loop, and we get to see it going to/from the Contemporary. Either way, just seeing it up in the sky for the first time, silently sailing by, is just breathtaking.

jeffk410

Original Poster
haha we always do a "happy honk" when going through the arches. Its great, hopefully it does not scare the other drivers. :ROFLOL:

Love how its about the sights for you too.

wdwwdeagle

haha we always do a "happy honk" when going through the arches. Its great, hopefully it does not scare the other drivers. :ROFLOL:

Love how its about the sights for you too.
hahaha....
a few trips ago my 10 year old son said as we approached, "when I see the sign, I'm going to hold my breath 'til we drive under it." Well, of course, that was all it took....

As soon as the sign came into view, and we heard the gasping in of breath from the backseat, Mr. Eagle slowed the car to a crawl. So we creeped along, all of us cracking up, as my son turned purple and finally let out a huge laugh. Needless to say, he didn't make it to the sign; so next trip, he didn't let on, and told us afterward that he had held his breath until we passed under the sign. Funny memories!

fractal

Getting in line at Orlando airport for the Magic Express bus that takes me to my resort. I wish I were there now.

need2go2wdw

Ouuu, I love it! This so gets me even more excited for May's trip!!! 45 days!!!!

I agree about hearing the monorail voice...my DH always, always says the "take small children by the hand" line along with the voice whenever we hear it!

And as much as I also agree that going under the arch welcoming you on WDW property is such a "I'm here!" moment, what does it for me is checking in at the hotel and being told "Welcome Home!" as we approach the counter! Oh, and the smell as we walk into the hotel, especially AKL when the doors wooosh open and the cool a/c hits you in the face...I love that moment....ahhhhhh :rolleyes:

-First stepping off the plane and feeling the humidity (big change from the dryness in CO)
-Getting on the monorail and watching all the families and the kids especially, all excited, then at night, fast asleep on their dad's shoulders with Mickey Ears, face paint, and cotton candy!
-Getting our first snack at a quick service...like a pop or fries, and seeing the disney designs on the cup or napkin and remembering where I am!!
-Hearing the Kilomanjaro Safari music
-The creaking of the monorail and smell of it!

jeffk410

Original Poster
hahaha....
a few trips ago my 10 year old son said as we approached, "when I see the sign, I'm going to hold my breath 'til we drive under it." Well, of course, that was all it took....

As soon as the sign came into view, and we heard the gasping in of breath from the backseat, Mr. Eagle slowed the car to a crawl. So we creeped along, all of us cracking up, as my son turned purple and finally let out a huge laugh. Needless to say, he didn't make it to the sign; so next trip, he didn't let on, and told us afterward that he had held his breath until we passed under the sign. Funny memories!

Haha thats an AWESOME family disney memory.

Fizzment

Yes!!! The smells!! I love the water ride smell from Pirates and Mexico, Rome burning, the bakery on Main Street, and the lobby at the Poly. Makes me happy just thinking about it!

I also love the MK Park Opening and when the lights go off right before Spectro. I don't care how many times I hit the parks, they still give me goosebumps and make me grin like a 3 year old. :D

I've been working there since 2003 and I still get excited about the following things:

~I'm strange, but if I don't see the perimeter fireworks in Illuminations, I get sad, but I look forward to watching them whenever they come out.

~My boyfriend and I have our own little bench in back of Wolfgang Puck and Bongos. After work, he'd meet up with me after his shift at Epcot, and I'd wobble to it after Disney Quest and we'd just sit outside (after changing costumes of course,) staring at the lights across the water, holding hands and listening to the faint sound of Jazz music coming from Bongos. That is the most amazing feeling in the world, that moment.

~We love watching The Water Pageant from the furthest Poly Hammock.

~SSE

~The Music from all over East and West Side of Innoventions.

~Carousel of Progress, such an amazing ride. <3

~I love sitting and watching people walking around in Asia in AK. I love the music loop from there.

~Spectro!

30 More days and I'm back home <3 :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: I'll be Mousekeeping and picking up some shifts over at DQ. Hope to see some of you there!

1) Driving Under The Arch
2) Getting the first new pin to start trading with
3) Walking into Magic Kingdom on the first day down
4) Meeting Power Rangers
5) Volunteering to be in the Backlot Tour Preshow

Mikester71

As weird as this may sound, I look forward to the whole 21 hour van ride down there from up here in Canada. I love leaving the crisp, March air up here at 6ish in the morning and feeling the gradual increase in temperature during the drive south. I love driving through the different States and taking in all the beauty each one has to share, before finally stopping in Georgia for the night to catch some shut-eye. Nothing beats the next morning, when we cross into Florida and stop at a couple of the Florida Welcome Centers, and the sun is shining and the air and temperature is usually just SO nice! We have usually changed into shorts by then and it just feels so good to be able to open up the windows in the van and let the warm Florida air blow in!!!! :sohappy:

Of course driving through the WDW arches and FINALLY arriving at Pop Century in the early afternoon after a day and a half of driving makes us pretty happy as well. It feels like you are returning home once again, and having stayed there on all three of our previous trips, the familiarity with the surroundings and knowing our way around the property is kinda nice too. We look forward to buying our new mugs after checking in and strolling around Pop to check out the sites. :)

_Scar

The moment when the rest of my family goes somewhere else and leaves me alone because it gives me time to just look around and take everything in.

It's quite refreshing and well needed.

Can't wait til I have a solo trip of my own to just take everything in on my time :)

Also, I look forward to making all the decisions about planning where to stay/eat/ride/not ride. The planning process is half the fun!

Susan Savia

The moment that we pull out of the driveway and I see '0' on the tripodometer and laughing, knowing I got 900 more to come!!! :ROFLOL:

Seeing all the happy faces as we enter the park that first day. :)

The wonderful smells that greet you on Main Street. :slurp:

Rounding the bend in Epcots parking lot and seeing Spaceship Earth up ahead. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom