What airline do you fly with to go to WDW?

Mickey92

Hi All,

Ok, this is just a general poll... What Airline do you fly with to go to WDW? Is it because they were the cheapest, most leg-room.. Avaliable travel dates etc etc...

I have listed as many US Airlines as possible but if I have missed some, just tick other and post down below which Airline it is E.g. 'Other: X Airline'

Just a general Survey, You can vote for lots of them so for example you fly with different ones each year you can select these.. I have literally just gone through the list of airlines that operate in/out of Orlando International (MCO)

Best Wishes,

Tristan

Mickey92

Original Poster
We always fly with Virgin Atlantic they offer the best value for money no hidden extras like pay for luggage or meals and if you do it through Virgin Holidays you get more of the rockstar service like the v-room at Gatwick and soon at Manchester plus dedicated desks at Orlando for car hire and if in the v-room at busy times express security

I have to agree with you on this! Virgin are awesome! Even though I live in the Southwest of the UK, we fly from Gatwick (Or always have done...) and they are great!

I am heavily into Aviation, and want to be a pilot when I'm older, so when we booked the V-Room we didn't really expect much but also didn't know what it would be like because we'd never been to one. Once we stepped in, it was the like the best room I have ever been in :D There was comfy chairs, sofas, buffet but above all else ceiling to floor windows all around which had a huge view of the airport, it was incredible! Also got to go in the cockpit on the way back before we pushed back at Orlando :)

I also do like the check-in desks at Downtown Disney purely for Virgin Atlantic Passengers, thats a great idea and really saves time! I am happy that the Manchester base is being more in the 'spotlight' for Virgin Atlantic now! Apart from I'm kind of not liking their new planes... (A330's)

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We are lucky to be able to search prices and time out of 3 local airports, BWI (about an hour away) Ronald Regan (about 30 minutes) and Dulles (about 20 minutes). In the past we have gone with Southwest out of BWI beacsue they are a HUB for SW and have the prices and times. Last year I was able to book a great rate with OK time with JetBlue out of Dulles. This flight was delayed by 5.5 hours which gave us a FREE one way ticket to be used within the next year. So this trip we will be doing JetBlue out of Dulles again. If we did not have the $400+ credit with JetBlue I most likely would have gone back to SW out of BWI....Family hates this because I book us on the FIRST flight out in the AM which means an alarm is going off about 3:30 am for a 7 am flight!! :lol:

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

Jet Blue, that TV was great for my son when he was little, also one time when my dear wife was sick on the return trip to Boston's Logan airport a Jet Blue flight attendant really went the extra mile for her to make sure she was okay.

Upvote 0
We usually fly Delta as they have many direct flights from Detroit-Metro everyday. It makes it easier to know that we can leave early or late if we have to work the day we leave and still get a direct flight.

Upvote 0

mickeysbrother

Im from canada and work for air canada sooooooo gotta fly my own airline. Great leg room. Great service and usually always on time and we get into orlando around noon. So we still have half the day to walk around downtown disney then go to the boardwalk at night :)

Upvote 0

Pippa

Another vote for Virgin Atlantic from the UK. Have flown with them since 1998 and always have a good flight, I fly in Premium Economy if I can manage it. I collect the Flying Club miles and this year got my return flight with my miles. One day I will fly Upper Class....one day!!!!!

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

Almost always southwest. I can never seem to find anything cheaper, especially when you take into account the free bags. The check in process really doesn't bother me, and for the most part I find their customer service to be among the best (of course, you'll occasionally find a dud). Not sure how the merger is going to go... but as long as they continue to be one of the cheapest options out of philly, I'll keep flying them!

Upvote 0

majorrfb

We love Jetblue and Airtran. If either of these two is going were we go, it's our plane of choice. Jetblue offers very comfortable seating and entertainment plus no baggage fee. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Jedi Wizard

I look for things in this order.
1) Has to be Non-stop
2) Price
3) Airport location (I live within 15-90 mins of 5 airports that have direct flights to Orlando and it pays to check all of them for flights. And it pays to check flights to both MCO and Sanford)
4) Airline preference. I like JetBlue personally due to the in seat entertainment and live TV for my kids

Upvote 0

wendysue

Usually American or United, but really any airline that flys out of Chicago and is 200 RT or under. (Probably going to be really hard to come by these days)

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Most of the time it's Southwest, but that will most likely change to JetBlue. The new credit policy on Southwest should be against the law. SW is definitely the most convenient, but their service and policy changes have really stunk in our last few experiences with them.

Upvote 0

disneyphile

We fly Allegiant from Wilmington NC to Orlando Sanford for about $80 round trip. Wish they would go to MCO so we could use magic express, but for that price we will deal with it.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We usually use miles accumulated off our UAL Mileage Plus credit card so we practically fly for free. Coming from California that is a huge deal. We usually fly out of SMF through DEN to MCO; however this coming December trip we could only get an itinerary through IAD to MCO. United seems to be making it much harder to utilize miles, having instituted a system of upcharging miles for more desirable flight times/schedules. It was a real challenge getting back and forth on 25K miles/person.

All that being said, it still beats paying!

Upvote 0

Mukta

I fly Delta to MCO.

I fly jetlbue every month in my regular life, but Delta is the only one that offers non-stop flights from LAX at my ideal times. I only fly Delta to visit Orlando and I do that every year.

Upvote 0

coltow

I fly Jetblue out of Logan airport in Boston. I love the direct flights to Orlando, no baggage fees and direct tv!!:sohappy:

Hit the nail on the head
Jet Blue all the way. The tv's are great for the kids and it frees me up to actually be able to do some reading while they're occupied.

We are 20mns from Logan Airport, Jet Blue tends to be the cheapest non-stop from Boston. With kids we shy away from connections when we can. DH said he'd be willing to pay a little more to fly non-stop on Jet Blue then to go on another airline with no-tv's for the kids. For us it's the easiest airline and we have never had any troubles with crew or delays

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We fly Delta or SW, depending on how many Delta points my DH has that he can use.
This year, 2 of us are flying Delta & 3 of us are flying SW.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom