WHAT A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT--- Cincerellabration

Thebrerrabbit said:
Cinderellabration where do i start. I saw cinderellabration twice in tokyo withing the last three years and what an amazing show, a 45 minute musical/theatherical/Artistic show, filled with beautful lights, costumes and fireworks. two years later, this patheic copy. Just like splashtacular in 94, they have ruined another great tdl show.

* NO Mickey, Minnie, alice, white rabbit, beast and rest of the cast in TDL
* The Dress cinderella wore in TDL(the dress that is a replca of Princess Diana') Not here
* the other costumes, that were just dynamite, not here
*Less than half of the length of TDL
* No lights, no fireworks, no Nightime.
*No Crystal carrige

tokyo disneyland and the OLC understand that they need to spend money to make money. you think that we here could learn that but i guess not

It is not officialy open yet, so all we can do is hope it gets better in someway before being officialy opened

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
GymLeaderPhil said:
It's not like the audio track can change... what we are hearing now is the final product. The only live parts are diologue and Cinderella's singing (though that seems to have hiccups too from my experiences with CSC.)

I don't know what's worse... Mickey Mania or Cindrellabration. Both targeted one audience with flashy costumes/float designs/etc.

The AUdio Certanaly CAN change, and very easly, It has in CSC, with suzie/perla chip/dale, it has in DCT, and DMM. you would be amazed, with what DAX can do music, and audio wise.

The thing with Mickey Mania, is thoes COstumes and Music, was cool at that time Looking back on it, it looks crasy but back then people loved it

wbboy29

mkt said:
With that statement, you have backed up my next argument. Thank you. This show was not intended to be viewed by the entire family, unlike most of the other shows/parades in the WDW parks, which can be enjoyed by most people, you must be a little girl, whether physically or emotionally to enjoy it.

I'm definitely not the intended audience for this show at a theme park in which attractions/shows are meant to appeal to all members of the family.

Funny cause Tokyos version is also intended towards little girls, but no one has mentioned that. TDL's is still all about princess's and prince's and yes they do have Mickey & Minnie but having the fab 5 does not and will not suddenly make the little boys or their dads say "ooo....lets go see that!!!" So even Tokyo will put a HUGE show on there main stage that will not apeal to the entire family.

Nothing that is going to be built (whether that be a ride or a show) will ever apeall to everyone. And unfortunatly there's no way of getting around that. So this show will be liked by most, but not all, and that's fine. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, and that's what these boards are here for in the first place. :wave:

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
wbboy29 said:
Funny cause Tokyos version is also intended towards little girls, but no one has mentioned that. TDL's is still all about princess's and prince's and yes they do have Mickey & Minnie but having the fab 5 does not and will not suddenly make the little boys or their dads say "ooo....lets go see that!!!" So even Tokyo will put a HUGE show on there main stage that will not apeal to the entire family.

But see thats the thing, the costumes, music, lighting, Fireworks, Make it a full family thing there...Over there its not just for kids

WDW C'bration is like Having fantasmic, with out the fireworks, water, costumes and lighting, and during the day!!!!

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
wbboy29 said:

Nothing that is going to be built (whether that be a ride or a show) will ever apeall to everyone. And unfortunatly there's no way of getting around that. So this show will be liked by most, but not all, and that's fine. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, and that's what these boards are here for in the first place. :wave:
Uh don't you think you're a tad bit biased since you are an "actor" in the show, *and I use the word actor loosely!* Sorry but your statement that "it will be liked by most" is ridiculous if you judge by all the negative reviews it's gotten thus far. I understand that you are in the show and you want people to like it, but you can't change utter garbabe. Don't take this personally because it's not your fault the show is terrible, it's the pathetic Eisner regime's fault. If it wasn't for their lack of creativity and cost-cutting maybe we could see the wonderful Tokyo version. But don't hold your breath! ;)

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
DizkneeBoi said:
Uh don't you think you're a tad bit biased since you are an "actor" in the show, *and I use the word actor loosely!* Sorry but your statement that "it will be liked by most" is ridiculous if you judge by all the negative reviews it's gotten thus far. I understand that you are in the show and you want people to like it, but you can't change utter garbabe. Don't take this personally because it's not your fault the show is terrible, it's the pathetic Eisner regime's fault. If it wasn't for their lack of creativity and cost-cutting maybe we could see the wonderful Tokyo version. But don't hold your breath! ;)

Dizkneeboi, i think we were seperated at birth.....HERE HERE!!

barnum42

DizkneeBoi said:
Uh don't you think you're a tad bit biased since you are an "actor" in the show, *and I use the word actor loosely!* ..... Don't take this personally
You insult the man and then say "Don't take it personally"? :rolleyes:

PamelaNiebergal

DizkneeBoi said:
Uh don't you think you're a tad bit biased since you are an "actor" in the show, *and I use the word actor loosely!*

Yeah. I think a statement like this is really uncalled for. Who wouldn't take it personally?:mad:

BoyXE

[/QUOTE]Samazama na toki no Tokyo de shoo wo mi te watashi ha america ban ga shippai de aru koto hoshou dekiru.[/QUOTE]

むずかしい、でも わかりました。 ディズニーワルド と 東京ディズニーランドの ゲストは おなぎくないです。 私は東京のショーを だいすき、でも アメリカの パークと 日本のパーク は にってる じゃないでしょ! :wave:

BoyXE

wbboy, don't dignify it with a response. Just let it go, much as we should just let this thread go. I'll be cheering for you in October.

stitchcastle

You guys think they should "upgrade" this show into the Tokyo spectacle in commemoration of the realease of the Cinderella Platinum Edition DVD this October? I just did a little research and realised that with a little creativity, they could totally bring in the "Lights of Romance" aspect of the show into the MK hub. It could be a special month-long Cinderellabration and would give them the licence to really hype up the show.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
BoyXE said:
むずかしい、でも わかりました。 ディズニーワルド と 東京ディズニーランドの ゲストは おなぎくないです。 私は東京のショーを だいすき、でも アメリカの パークと 日本のパーク は にってる じゃないでしょ! :wave:

curse my rusty nihongo. Time to get out the Kanji - Romaji book :lol:

stitchcastle

PamelaNiebergal said:
Just as long as it wouldn't affect Spectromagic.

If it is as big as the Tokyo version, it might have to interrupt Spectromagic, but it's only for a month if they decide to do it... they'd also have to cancel the morning shows of Cindybration...which would be a good thing.

I'm praying that they do this, it would make for a good park-wide Cinderellabration thing plus more promotion for the Cinderella DVD

CTXRover

DizkneeBoi said:
Uh don't you think you're a tad bit biased since you are an "actor" in the show, *and I use the word actor loosely!* Sorry but your statement that "it will be liked by most" is ridiculous if you judge by all the negative reviews it's gotten thus far. I understand that you are in the show and you want people to like it, but you can't change utter garbabe.

Please remember that just because you don't like it and a few members here don't like it doesn't automatically mean it is hated by all, quite the contrary. Since we only have a few people here who have actually seen it and only a handful of those who continuously bash it, I just wanted to take a sampling from various Disney message boards/review boards across the internet from other "Disney fans" who seem to differ quite a lot in your assessment that it is just "garbage" and that nobody will like it. If so, how do you explain the following (I know...I have no life to find all these and I hope I'm not breaking any rule by posting them here)

From WDWmagic (the best of the best :) ):

"I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!"....dorothy

"That looked like a pretty decent show. Definitely more appropiate for a castle-setting than the Surprise Celebration show. That kind of show is perfect for its setting"...dmmgp2000

" I thought the show was really great"...psifreek27

From Mouseinfo:
"Disney hit the nail on the head with this one. It is fetching awesome. Go see it when it opens, it rocks!"..PirateGirl

"Saw the show last Saturday and it was AWESOME!! Love Love Love it!!"...Sothrnbel3

From Allearsnet:

"My wife and I thought is was a perfect castle-front show: lots of music, dancing and singing. The younger children will appreciate seeing all the princesses. We'll go back to see this show again and again!"...Steven Zaretsky

From LaughingPlace:

"... most people around me commented they loved the show after it ended, and the crowd did give it an enthusiastic applause from the beginning, all the way thru the end. One sisterhood and another friend next to (who may be CMs) were talking about it, and one told the other "I just love this show a lot" and the other responded, "yeah, that was pretty neat!". The lady in front of me to her child... "wasn't that a lovely show?" The other lady off to my left ..."wow! wasn't that nice" to her husband... And so on... Imagine how hard I was biting my tongue thinking to myself... "you should see the Tokyo version then..." But why crash everyone's enjoyment of the show? I for once am glad they enjoyed it enough to give it thumbs up.... from TDLFAN (A major advocate of all things Tokyo Disney and a big critic of the MK version)

From Intercot:

"They also had Cinderellabration up and running. My 3 year old DD LOVED this as did I."..Tinkermom

..And that's just a few I found quickly. Sure there are also some from those sites that also are not fans of the show by a long shot, but nearly every critic of the show has this to say.."Tokyo's was better". Its difficult to make any generalizations at this point, but right now it seems to me those who don't hold that bias (which is hard not to have if you've watched the Tokyo version on video or saw it in real life), are enjoying it on some level, as I expected. Even on the video posted on this site I could overhear two distinct compliments near the end from random guests who complimented the show as being nice as well....Again, I'm not a big fan of it either, but I just wanted to level the playing field a bit as its seems like the same people keep posting over and over how awful it is creating a greater sense of hate for the show. Also, in the end I do think its relatively decent for your typical castle show after finally seeing it.

The_CEO

I don't think the general public knows what to make of it. From a video update of the show, I couldn't hear anything but a small applause at the end.

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
I just wanted to clarify in my previous post that I wasn't blaming the actors for the show being so awful, I was blaming Disney's lack of creativity. The actors are just doing their job and working with the "script" they were given and to their defense I just want to say that everyone did a great job. *BUT*, not even the best actor in the world could save a disaster like Cinderellabration....

diddy_mouse

though i have not yet seen Cinderellabration (but i intend to when i go down in October), i feel that this might be one of those shows that starts out rough, then gets better as time goes on.

the first run of a new show will usually make you cringe...this might not be true of every live show performed in WDW, however. it might be better at night, it might be better in a month or so, it might not get better at all (according to some). either way....i say, give it some time.

i'm looking foward to seeing it...

sillyspook13

barnum42 said:
You insult the man and then say "Don't take it personally"? :rolleyes:
Ditto! That was harsh!

I'm standing behind Norm on this one. Like most people, I don't have the good fortune to have seen the eighth wonder of the world, as some of you are making the original Cinderellabration out to be. When I see WDW's version I won't have anything to compare it to. I guess I'll gust have to form my own unbiased opinion...... *sigh* :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom