WHAT A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT--- Cincerellabration

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
CTXRover said:
The costumes are stunning imo.......No offense to anyone, but I'm pretty tired hearing that "its not like Tokyo's" when we have numerous threads against the direct cloning of attractions and shows elsewhere. To all the CM's that are involved in this show, please do not get discouraged by threads like these, you all do a terrific job and I can assure you there are kids of all ages who truly enjoy this show on some level.

Ok lets back up a sec, first off, your right, costumes are "nice" i leave that as is, there not great.

Second of all TDL and the OLC the last 10 years have been more "Disney" than disney itself, ok, they dont do cut bucks cause of budget that will upset guest, They beileve that you have to spend money to make money, the product has to be quility, and thats somthing that walt FIRMLY believed. frankly, since the begining of 100 years of magic, the quilty of the product in WDW has gone down hill(in my opipion) So know wonder people comparied WDW to TDL, because TDL is what WDW should be......NO. 1.

dixiegirl

well glad my husband and i were'nt the only ones that felt this show stunk. we hoped maybe in person being in front of the castle, the whole ambiance (or however you spell it) might make it better..we only watched it on video from another wonderful person on these boards who was nice enough to share it with us...i agree i kinda hoped to see some other characters such as mickey or donald any from the fab five..yes i know its supposed to be about cinnderella but still...well maybe it'll get better..maybe their saying the same thing about some of our shows in tdl..

PhotoDave219

Thebrerrabbit said:
Cinderellabration where do i start. I saw cinderellabration twice in tokyo withing the last three years and what an amazing show, a 45 minute musical/theatherical/Artistic show, filled with beautful lights, costumes and fireworks. two years later, this patheic copy. Just like splashtacular in 94, they have ruined another great tdl show.
<snip> .....
tokyo disneyland and the OLC understand that they need to spend money to make money. you think that we here could learn that but i guess not

Then i suggest you go spend your money at TDL. Its only, what, $100 a day or something?

PhotoDave219

PamelaNiebergal said:
Wow. I'm not one to argue but I think maybe everyone needs to calm down. These negative posts are getting really repetative.

Havent you realised, thats the exact point of the internet! :lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
eh, I've warned about the cuts in the WDW version for months now, and it only takes someone to start a thread about it to get any attention. I don't like the WDW version one bit, and I will say it. If we're gonna copy a GREAT show from TDL, then DO IT RIGHT.

Just my opinion.. (and that of the many WDW Entertainment CM's who I've spoken to about it, several of which have performed in the TDL version)

BoyXE

You're welcome, wbboy29, I look forward to seeing your show in October when I get back to Florida. Hopefully at night (where everything at the castle is nicer).

And the $100 for a day at TDL isn't terribly far off. $55 admission, $20 parking, no discounts or free parking for AP holders (of which APs cost $400 for one park and $700 for both, and that doesn't guarantee admission over regular ticketholders). If you want to go to DisneySea, then add another 4 bucks round trip for each person in your party to take the monorail there--or face a 15 minute walk (if you walk briskly) along the side roads to the park entrance.

If you want to see Cindy with any sort of view, you have to wait in a 10 minute line to stick your ticket in a lotto-machine only to have a 99% chance of Mickey telling you that he's not letting you see the show today. If he does, then he assigns your seat and you will have whatever view computer chose for you. If you don't win the lottery, you then have to stake out a rather crappy spot at least 1.5 hours in advance of the show, and you'll still be squinting to see it. If this were a really incredible show, I might be able to tolerate it, but this just isn't the kind of Disney I personally enjoy. The die-hard fans are game for the adventure of it, but I prefer the laid back Disney I can get in Florida.

This has wound up coming off as anti-TDL, but it's actually a great place just really different from what we're used to getting in the States in many ways. I for one don't care if I ever see Mickey Mouse ever again, haha...

PhotoDave219

Well Rob, were we the only ones who actually expected it to be "Cinderellabration-Light?"

I wasnt expecting some huge show like in TDL, mainly based off what its replacing - a 20 minutes long kiddie show. Does it make sense to replace CSC with Cindybration? Heck no....

mkt

Premium Member
Dave, I'm sick of WDW light. I wanna go to WDW and get a Disney Heart Attack caused by the Disney Cholesterol full of filling attractions and shows.

so... how's about a thread drift?

mkt

Premium Member
I'm aware about Soarin in WDW... but officially, I still haven't been on it ;)

I'm not a CM and I wasn't there the days of CM previews :zipit:

wbboy29

mkt said:
If we're gonna copy a GREAT show from TDL, then DO IT RIGHT.
)

That's just it MKT. WDW never said it was going to be a copy. They always said it would be "inspired" by the show in Tokyo.

mkepcotmgmak

we shouldn't look at the show as a copy, or even inspired. there is no comparison to tdl, yes that is true... but the type of show it is, and was made to be was not meant to be as elaborate as tdl. like someone else said, if they were doing away with spectro and possibly wishes to run this show, then yes, the one we have would not be comparable. our version of cinderellabration was meant to replace her surprise celebration, and that it did, and did it very well.

i like csc, but it was way too cheesy for me. some people complain that there is no fur in this show, but to me, it looks like they pulled a lot of talented singers, dancers and performers for a better storyline, and i think little girls are going to LOVE seeing all of their favorite princesses.

would i love to have tdl's cinderellabration? yes, but not at the expense of making it the only nightime show at mk... i think the show looks great, and very well done from the video, and in my personal opinion, the fab 7 and other characters needed a break from the several shows a day.

i was talking to genie one day in adventureland, and he said his magical powers were on OVERDRIVE from doing meet and greets in adventureland all day, and then appearing so magically at csc right after his set... it was really tiring him and the gang out, so having no fur is a nice break for mickey and the gang!

well done show guys, and don't compare yourselves to tokyo. if we did that, our park would look like a sixflags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom