WHAT A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT--- Cincerellabration

PhotoDave219

Saw the show twice today. I liked it, it was very cool and totally different then anything else ive seen on the castle stage. It was just ... different.

wickedqueen

As a performer who has also spent the last two months or so involved in the process of opening this show, I would like to say that it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks of it at this point. Negative reviews or no, a whole lot of money and time has been invested in this show and it WILL be running on the castle stage for the time being. Rather than arguing about what could have been or what it does or does not measure up to, try to appreciate it for what it is....or you can always avoid the castle hub near showtime. "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to know the difference..." and all that.

Far too much bandwidth has been wasted arguing whether or not the show is "good," but for what it is worth, I had a wonderful time in rehearsals and am proud of all we accomplished in what looking back seems such a short time (and on little to no sleep, ain't that right wbboy and spectropluto?). I am proud to be a part of another wonderful Disney experience, and although every guest may not walk away completely satisfied by the show itself, there will be no denying that every person out there on that stage is doing their best to bring the magic to life for EVERYONE watching.

As a performer it is hard not to take all the negativity personally, but isn't it lovely that as a human being we are all entitled to our own opinions? We have all taken ownership of this show, from Cinderella herself to the princesses, dancers, techs, costumers and cosmetologists, and certainly the management and directors. We all want this show to succeed and be well liked. I think I speak for us all when I say we realize not everyone will be blown away, but we sure are going to try, and keep trying.

I have to say that perfoming here at WDW has exposed me to some of the most appreciative audiences I have ever encountered, and I have confidence that when I next perform in "Cinderellabration" I will feel that same appreciation again. We love bringing you joy and we will continue to perform to our fullest for you.....so make your own opinions after you come see us!

sillyspook13

mkt said:
Please excuse my rusty Nihongo...

Samazama na toki no Tokyo de shoo wo mi te watashi ha america ban ga shippai de aru koto hoshou dekiru.
Little bit rusty.......

Reminds me of Japanese class.......

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
wickedqueen said:
As a performer who has also spent the last two months or so involved in the process of opening this show, ...... I had a wonderful time in rehearsals and am proud of all we accomplished in what looking back seems such a short time (and on little to no sleep, ain't that right wbboy and spectropluto?). a performer it is hard not to take all the negativity personally, but isn't it lovely that as a human being we are all entitled to our own opinions?

Ok queeny, we all know your a performer........

CounterPoint

*Sigh*

THEBRERRABBIT, are you sure you went to see CBR? I highly doubt it, but, giving you the benifit of the doubt, please allow me to fix a few glaring errors in your obviously well researched and thourough explination of why TDL CBR is so much better than WDW CBR.

"* NO Mickey, Minnie, alice, white rabbit, beast and rest of the cast in TDL
* The Dress cinderella wore in TDL(the dress that is a replca of Princess Diana') Not here
* the other costumes, that were just dynamite, not here
*Less than half of the length of TDL
* No lights, no fireworks, no Nightime.
*No Crystal carrige"

First off you completely discredited yourself by complimenting TDL CBR on its amazing 45 MINUTE production spectacular! WOW, you must have started watching the show, and then at the end, you must have been distracted by something shiny and accidentally ended up watching two five year old girls in princess dresses twirl around themselves singing "Ashes Ashes" for around 20 minutes thinking it was still CBR, because their show is most definately not 45 minutes. But I can see how that mistake could be made. BTW, your amazing 45 minute show in Tokyo, is actually 21, thanks.

From here on, I'll address your other points in order...

"* NO Mickey, Minnie, alice, white rabbit, beast and rest of the cast in TDL"

Here you are half right, you did notice the lack of fur characters, and I will give you that. But, you forgot that the guy walking next to Belle wasn't just a random guest looking for the bathroom...but Belles prince...which would in turn make him...the Beast. So there ya go, he's still in it...whew. And again, this is me...astonished...*if you could see it I am making an astonished face right now...trust me it's priceless*...and that face is being made because Alice was never in TDL CBR, again as mentioned above, one of the girls twirling around themselves may have been dressed as Alice, if so, I understand your confusioin.

* The Dress cinderella wore in TDL(the dress that is a replca of Princess Diana') Not here*

Not sure where you got that gold nugget of information about Diana's dress, but it WAS the amazing Lynne Ford that designed the TDL dress, and...no way...no freakin way...some how, a woman born the exact same day, and time, and place, with the same name created the dress for Cinderella here in WDW! CRAZY! She just happened to change a couple of the materials and a few cuts to deal with Florida humidity and weather. Someone better contact the original Lynne Ford and tell her to look up the word "doppelganger", cause man does she have one.

* the other costumes, that were just dynamite, not here*

Again, clone girl, just happened to design the exact same costumes for virtually EVERYONE else in the show just like Cinderella. So unless you can notice the MAJOR difference between the Acrylic Lamee materials used in TDL and the Self Colour Metallic Micro Lamee used in the WDW version from 100 yards away...the costumes are basically the same to you. MINUTE CHANGES.

*Less than half of the length of TDL*

We already discussed that, see "dancing little girls" section.

* No lights*

Lights A source of light, especially a lamp, a lantern, or an electric lighting fixture: Turn out the lights when you leave.

If that's not what lights are, then WDW got hosed, cause WDW hired a great team of broadway technicians to install around 500 flashing, glowing, and beautifully twinkling hot dogs around the stage that serve no purpose.

*no fireworks*

Fireworks A device consisting of a combination of explosives and combustibles, set off to generate colored lights, smoke, and noise for amusement: Wow, those were pretty fireworks.

I have no way of making this funny, it's just obvious...there were loud explosions of color and light in the air that made people ooooohhh and aaaaaahhhh...so unless my beautiful girlfriend walked onto that stage and the same intangeable fireworks that go off in my mind everytime I see her went off in yours...then those explosions were in fact, real fireworks.

*no Nightime*

Not even going to bother defining this one...usually this event occurs between 5:30 and 7:30 pm...depending on the equinox and all that jazz, but no matter what...there are shows that occur at night, as listed on that big board that usually states SHOWTIMES: 9:40 10:40 11:40 4:35 5:35 6:35. Seems at least two of those fall under this so called and ever so elusive "Nighttime".

*No Crystal carrige*

YA GOT ME! There is no crystal carridge. Worst show ever...

What was the point of this small rant, to prove a point. If you have a problem with a show or parade or ride, or anything in life...that's fine. But please people, get your facts straight before you lay it to the table. I'm fine with you not liking the show for a multitude of reasons, we are all allowed our opinions but you have to come with something stronger than 1 true fact and 8 false statements.

Dj Corona

OK people, is it just me, or after reading through eight pages of this--aren't we just getting a little hostile over a friggin' stage show?
A) For Joe "average tourist" Schmoe who probably hasn't or probably will never see Tokyo Disneyland to begin with...does it matter?
B) If your not a stage show fan, or you don't like this rendition, or not a little girl, or whatever, as previously stated...DON'T WATCH IT!!!
.........alright I feel better....maybe it's just me, but I hate to see this much arguing over a women, who by most counts is fictional.:brick:

The_CEO

CounterPoint said:
THEBRERRABBIT, are you sure you went to see CBR? I highly doubt it, but, giving you the benifit of the doubt, please allow me to fix a few glaring errors in your obviously well researched and thourough explination of why TDL CBR is so much better than WDW CBR.

"* NO Mickey, Minnie, alice, white rabbit, beast and rest of the cast in TDL
* The Dress cinderella wore in TDL(the dress that is a replca of Princess Diana') Not here
* the other costumes, that were just dynamite, not here
*Less than half of the length of TDL
* No lights, no fireworks, no Nightime.
*No Crystal carrige"

First off you completely discredited yourself by complimenting TDL CBR on its amazing 45 MINUTE production spectacular! WOW, you must have started watching the show, and then at the end, you must have been distracted by something shiny and accidentally ended up watching two five year old girls in princess dresses twirl around themselves singing "Ashes Ashes" for around 20 minutes thinking it was still CBR, because their show is most definately not 45 minutes. But I can see how that mistake could be made. BTW, your amazing 45 minute show in Tokyo, is actually 21, thanks.

From here on, I'll address your other points in order...

"* NO Mickey, Minnie, alice, white rabbit, beast and rest of the cast in TDL"

Here you are half right, you did notice the lack of fur characters, and I will give you that. But, you forgot that the guy walking next to Belle wasn't just a random guest looking for the bathroom...but Belles prince...which would in turn make him...the Beast. So there ya go, he's still in it...whew. And again, this is me...astonished...*if you could see it I am making an astonished face right now...trust me it's priceless*...and that face is being made because Alice was never in TDL CBR, again as mentioned above, one of the girls twirling around themselves may have been dressed as Alice, if so, I understand your confusioin.

* The Dress cinderella wore in TDL(the dress that is a replca of Princess Diana') Not here*

Not sure where you got that gold nugget of information about Diana's dress, but it WAS the amazing Lynne Ford that designed the TDL dress, and...no way...no freakin way...some how, a woman born the exact same day, and time, and place, with the same name created the dress for Cinderella here in WDW! CRAZY! She just happened to change a couple of the materials and a few cuts to deal with Florida humidity and weather. Someone better contact the original Lynne Ford and tell her to look up the word "doppelganger", cause man does she have one.

* the other costumes, that were just dynamite, not here*

Again, clone girl, just happened to design the exact same costumes for virtually EVERYONE else in the show just like Cinderella. So unless you can notice the MAJOR difference between the Acrylic Lamee materials used in TDL and the Self Colour Metallic Micro Lamee used in the WDW version from 100 yards away...the costumes are basically the same to you. MINUTE CHANGES.

*Less than half of the length of TDL*

We already discussed that, see "dancing little girls" section.

* No lights*

Lights A source of light, especially a lamp, a lantern, or an electric lighting fixture: Turn out the lights when you leave.

If that's not what lights are, then WDW got hosed, cause WDW hired a great team of broadway technicians to install around 500 flashing, glowing, and beautifully twinkling hot dogs around the stage that serve no purpose.

*no fireworks*

Fireworks A device consisting of a combination of explosives and combustibles, set off to generate colored lights, smoke, and noise for amusement: Wow, those were pretty fireworks.

I have no way of making this funny, it's just obvious...there were loud explosions of color and light in the air that made people ooooohhh and aaaaaahhhh...so unless my beautiful girlfriend walked onto that stage and the same intangeable fireworks that go off in my mind everytime I see her went off in yours...then those explosions were in fact, real fireworks.

*no Nightime*

Not even going to bother defining this one...usually this event occurs between 5:30 and 7:30 pm...depending on the equinox and all that jazz, but no matter what...there are shows that occur at night, as listed on that big board that usually states SHOWTIMES: 9:40 10:40 11:40 4:35 5:35 6:35. Seems at least two of those fall under this so called and ever so elusive "Nighttime".

*No Crystal carrige*

YA GOT ME! There is no crystal carridge. Worst show ever...

What was the point of this small rant, to prove a point. If you have a problem with a show or parade or ride, or anything in life...that's fine. But please people, get your facts straight before you lay it to the table. I'm fine with you not liking the show for a multitude of reasons, we are all allowed our opinions but you have to come with something stronger than 1 true fact and 8 false statements.

Sweet post!

barnum42

Dj Corona said:
OK people, is it just me, or after reading through eight pages of this--aren't we just getting a little hostile over a friggin' stage show?
It's not just you :wave: Sometimes perspective can go out of the window here.

Tim G

DizkneeBoi said:
Let me just say that the show is sad and pathetic. I'm so sick of WDW's lack of creativity! All they want to do is copy attractions and shows and put clones in. It's really a slap in Walt's face if you ask me....
You're absolutely right...

But this year they will have a new Audio Animatronic... Wlking al by itself...

A DizkneeBoi Animatronic... LOL :) :D :lol: :D :)

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
It seems to me, not having seen this show yet, that you wouldn't want to create a 45 minute afternoon show in this location. Again, the idea of the MK is to keep people moving, as is the case in all the theme parks. Shows of a long variety are going to be seated shows, such as Indiana Jones, Little Mermaid, and the like.

Again, I think that people tend to overexpect when it comes to Disney. I love most of what they do, but also understand that it's a business that is driven by the movement of its patrons around its theme parks. To offer a show which would hold you for 45 minutes especially with small children with short attention spans, would be a disaster.

Take into account that I'm SURE that the culture is MUCH different in Tokyo than it is here, and so, the people will have different likes than we will.

I mean, all you have to do is to look at all of the complaints on this and other websites about the wait times for certain attractions, to understand that people don't WANT to get held up for 45 minutes to an hour in order to visit an attraction, or to see a show at WDW.

dxwwf3

If people can't handle standing up for 10-15 minutes for Timekeeper, then there's no way they would stay outside for 45 minutes in Central Florida (Not only the heat, but you've got to remember the rain as well. A shorter show allows for less chance of cancellations due to a sudden rainstorm)

CounterPoint

All valid points, but dont forget Tokyo's show also wasn't 45 minutes, please read my post above, the "45 minute show"...was just a figment of a certain thebrerrabbits imagination.

gcurling

Repeatedly, people continue defining the show as "just a diversion." And, as such, it's ok for it to be medicore.

Trouble is, Disney isn't selling it as a "diversion." They are selling the Greatest Show on... sorry, I mean the Happiest Celebration on Earth with three things (all with equal billing), Soarin, Lights Motors Action, and Cinderellallellallabration.The guest is expecting more than what they are getting.

dxwwf3

gcurling said:
Repeatedly, people continue defining the show as "just a diversion." And, as such, it's ok for it to be medicore.

Trouble is, Disney isn't selling it as a "diversion." They are selling the Greatest Show on... sorry, I mean the Happiest Celebration on Earth with three things (all with equal billing), Soarin, Lights Motors Action, and Cinderellallellallabration.The guest is expecting more than what they are getting.

That is a good point, actually. And I think that you are right. Luckily I know that this show is a diversion and we probably won't go out of our way to see it, but unfortunately some people will have high expectations and they will probably be disapointed.

wickedqueen

Hi CounterPoint! Thanks for pointing out the facts, and don't you think just maybe some people might end up loving this show after all? I for one hope so!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom