WHAT A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT--- Cincerellabration

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
wbboy29 said:
First of all our Cinderellabration is not a pathetic show. It is a perfect diversion for the audience it was intended for (little girls).

With that statement, you have backed up my next argument. Thank you. This show was not intended to be viewed by the entire family, unlike most of the other shows/parades in the WDW parks, which can be enjoyed by most people, you must be a little girl, whether physically or emotionally to enjoy it.

I'm definitely not the intended audience for this show at a theme park in which attractions/shows are meant to appeal to all members of the family.

aklodge

mkt said:
With that statement, you have backed up my next argument. Thank you. This show was not intended to be viewed by the entire family, unlike most of the other shows/parades in the WDW parks, which can be enjoyed by most people, you must be a little girl, whether physically or emotionally to enjoy it.

I'm definitely not the intended audience for this show at a theme park in which attractions/shows are meant to appeal to all members of the family.
I agree, you probbably have to be a little girl to enjoy this show the most. After all, this is Cinderella and Prince Charming kinda stuff.

nickcarraway

TomDisney said:
Part of that has to come under some consideration for the actors in the show with regards to the length and the amount of action, otherwise 20 minutes into the show, all we'll be watching is stage full of passed out actors.

At least that'd be more entertaining.

dkrfla

I have seen both shows and my personal opinion is that if they had just used some of the Disney characters in the colored costumes like they did in Tokyo the show would have been much more enjoyable. It may have cost the company a few more bucks to design the character costumes but I think in the long run it would have helped. But thats just my opinion and by no means provable :)

Dkrfla

BRER STITCH

You guys need to give "little girls" a little credit. :lol:

They might be upset to see what WDW has "targeted" toward them! :snore:

Also... I think the comparison may have been avoided by not calling the WDW version "Cinderellabration". Perhaps a show called "Cinderella's Wedding Reception" could have stood on it's own, but, still...."lackluster", by any other name, is still "lackluster".

:(

-SIR-

This is exactly what I have a problem with... A show in the exact middle of the park...greeting guests as they come in, in the middle of plain view for EVERYONE.. shouldnt be just for little girls... A show like this should have elements for the entire family, right now the show is definatly lacking that.

themeparkdude

Unfortunately the show is rather a bore. They took away an upbeat fun style show and replaced it with a show that is a similar experience to the Merlin show "behind" the castle.

Cinderallabration would be fine if it was being performed say besides the castle. Not on that stage, unfortunately it looks cheap. It's not a Disney World Castle Show by any means. Bring back Everyday's a Holiday, Mickey Mania heck throw in Cinderella's Surprise Celebration between shows and I think it would be fine. Its very sad to see that this is what Magic Kingdom got for the 50th. There is just no WOW! factor in it. And its very sad to say because I know some people in that show who have worked hard and long hours to learn it, but still some of them even know its a disappointment to perform.

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
dkrfla said:
I have seen both shows and my personal opinion is that if they had just used some of the Disney characters in the colored costumes like they did in Tokyo the show would have been much more enjoyable. It may have cost the company a few more bucks to design the character costumes but I think in the long run it would have helped. But thats just my opinion and by no means provable :)

Dkrfla

Give yourself credit, its very provable, the fact is Uncle Al, and Uncle Phil, dont wanna dish out the money for nice coustumes, its a waste as far as there concered

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
I guess to many of the regulars there is a common gripe of attractions being aimed at younger and younger audiences rather than entire families and this will be cited as another example.
:

I understand your comment and that makes sense....HOWEVER, This is a family park, and the whole idea of disney parks worldwide, is that they are family parks. Where parents, childern, Boys and girls alike can have fun together. And thats why, disney will never....I repeat, NEVER build a "Thrill" park( i know thats completly off topic, but i thought i wold mention it.

Now, thats not to say that there are not things at the parks that aim at differnt groups of people, but with a show of this magnatude(IE being at the castle, a main attraction) it should apeal to everyone.

mickeykid79

to hell with it!

Some where out there Disney's ashes are blowing in the wind.
I have yet to see the show at WDW, but i have seen video of the show in TDL. The productions that the Oriental land company puts out are asounding compare to those at WDW. The fact that the show is for "little girls", throws out thhe entire Disney value of family. The show should have been an exact copy, no questions asked. If LMAX has a French intro. This show should have the glass carriage. WISHES was part of the Magical Gatherings promo, now its time for the 50th Anniverasry Promo. Dump the Wishes, lets have the Cinderella show, with all the characters, the flying buttresses around the hub, "wishes" type fireworks, I want large costume designs, TV commercials only for the show, a website deciated only for the show! Most of those things are already applied to TDL show.

-But I guess, The lack of entertainment value and culture a majority of conservertive american tourist have will lead to a tracing paper copy versus a Xerox copy. :drevil:

RedBaron

I can understand being disappointed after seeing what you believe was an outstanding show. However since the majority of the people who go to WDW will never be fortunate enough to go to Tokyo, let them enjoy the show and dont poo poo it in comparison to something that most will never see. Im sure this show is great and plenty of people will enjoy.

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
Let me just say that the show is sad and pathetic. I'm so sick of WDW's lack of creativity! All they want to do is copy attractions and shows and put clones in. It's really a slap in Walt's face if you ask me....

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
YES YES YES......MY POINT Exsactly!!!!! THis is walt disney world that were talking about here folks, not the county fair, i mean, it should be far supiour than all others. not a laughing stock compaired to others. we're not even metting our own standards. its pathetic Thanks A whole heck of alot Uncle Phil.........

CTXRover

DizkneeBoi said:
Let me just say that the show is sad and pathetic. I'm so sick of WDW's lack of creativity! All they want to do is copy attractions and shows and put clones in. It's really a slap in Walt's face if you ask me....

Well, for every mis-step, there's still quite a bit of creativity for WDW that seems to be lost in statements like this. Sure, there's been some real creative blunders, but although you may not agree on all these, I think there are high amounts of creativity in the following new and original attractions over the past 2-3 years: Mission:Space, Mickey's Philharmagic, Wishes and soon Expedition Everest...and even if its a clone, Soarin' is a pretty creative ride and its getting nearly unanimous rave reviews from those who've previewed it thus far (and thus a good example of cloning). The same might be said for the level of creativity in LMA, which is one heck of a good show (if you're disappointed with Cinderellabration, go to MGM and check this show out...like Soarin', its another example of cloning gone right)

Cinderellabration is very much in lines with typical castle stage shows. Nothing too amazing, but a nice diversion from time to time. Its not worthy advertising it all over the place as the next big new thing for the MK, but just be glad Cinderellabration didn't become *the* night-time event like it was in Tokyo. I would hate to see any castle show (no matter how good) replace Spectromagic as might have happened during its 18 month run if they found a way to perform the same one-performance only night-time version as Tokyo's, which put their night-time parade (Dreamlights) on hiatus when they performed their show. I love Spectro too much for any small castle show (and the size of the MK stage alone dictates it would have to be small) to replace it.

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
mickeykid79 said:
Some where out there Disney's ashes are blowing in the wind.
I have yet to see the show at WDW, but i have seen video of the show in TDL. The productions that the Oriental land company puts out are asounding compare to those at WDW. The fact that the show is for "little girls", throws out thhe entire Disney value of family. The show should have been an exact copy, no questions asked. If LMAX has a French intro. This show should have the glass carriage. WISHES was part of the Magical Gatherings promo, now its time for the 50th Anniverasry Promo. Dump the Wishes, lets have the Cinderella show, with all the characters, the flying buttresses around the hub, "wishes" type fireworks, I want large costume designs, TV commercials only for the show, a website deciated only for the show! Most of those things are already applied to TDL show.

-But I guess, The lack of entertainment value and culture a majority of conservertive american tourist have will lead to a tracing paper copy versus a Xerox copy. :drevil:

diskneeboi said:
Let me just say that the show is sad and pathetic. I'm so sick of WDW's lack of creativity! All they want to do is copy attractions and shows and put clones in. It's really a slap in Walt's face if you ask me....:

YES YES YES......MY POINT Exsactly!!!!! THis is walt disney world that were talking about here folks, not the county fair, i mean, it should be far supiour than all others. not a laughing stock compaired to others. we're not even metting our own standards. its pathetic Thanks A whole heck of alot Uncle Phil.........

GymLeaderPhil

DisneyFreak529 said:
WOW give the show a chance, I agree with some of the others. Isn't it just openning up, give it a few weeks. Every one has high expectations of WDW, give them a break they are doing the best they can!!

It's not like the audio track can change... what we are hearing now is the final product. The only live parts are diologue and Cinderella's singing (though that seems to have hiccups too from my experiences with CSC.)

I don't know what's worse... Mickey Mania or Cindrellabration. Both targeted one audience with flashy costumes/float designs/etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom