What a bus driver told me....

captainkidd

Original Poster
Went on the DVC Tour last week, and the DVC bus driver told me that the infamous Villains Thrill Ride Theme Park was a go. I humored him and acted surprised, but he seemed pretty sure of himself. He also claims that Universal will have to change the Marvel rides within the next year.

I think some of the Disney CM's are readers of this board and just pass along what they read to the guests.

lebeau

If the bus drivers read these boards they would know how little credibility they have. Oh well, I bet he gets a big reaction from guests who aren't in the know.

Pioneer Hall

Like I have said before, I think the Disney transportation CM meet tri-annually in a secret location to decide what outlandish rumors they will spread to guests.

You would almost think they do. Out of any other area of cast members they have always been the most consistent year after year with providing the craziest information. Although, the new automated bus spiels have helped curtail the bad info a bit since now they aren't as inclined to give you their "guided tours".

PhilharMagician

In 2003 I did a DVC tour and our salesman had some sales literature that had possible park ideas that were planned and one was a coaster park that he said was a go and should be open in 3 to 4 years and that was almost 10 yeasr ago. He also said that the mononrail was being extended to all resorts and made sure to point out the notations in our contract about monorail accessability @ SSR. :eek: I was quite nieve about WDW at the time. :lol:

captainkidd

Original Poster
We had possibly the greatest bus driver on the ME back to the airport on Saturday. It was actually a Mears bus, so it didn't have the ME video. The driver kept everyone entertained with jokes and stories for the ride. I'm kicking myself for not remembering his name, as he deserves some major props. It's employees like that that make Disney what it's supposed to be, and he isn't even technically a Disney employee.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You would almost think they do. Out of any other area of cast members they have always been the most consistent year after year with providing the craziest information. Although, the new automated bus spiels have helped curtail the bad info a bit since now they aren't as inclined to give you their "guided tours".

The same stories tend to come around year after year, which makes me suspect it could be one, or just a handful of the drivers.

Pioneer Hall

We had possibly the greatest bus driver on the ME back to the airport on Saturday. It was actually a Mears bus, so it didn't have the ME video. The driver kept everyone entertained with jokes and stories for the ride. I'm kicking myself for not remembering his name, as he deserves some major props. It's employees like that that make Disney what it's supposed to be, and he isn't even technically a Disney employee.

Interesting. I have been on standard Mears buses before for ME (they are all operated by Mears anyway), and they have had the video. Sometimes, they have to manually start it, so he might have chosen to just speak instead.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I personally think Disney could've done a better job. The only thing Universal did was re-theme two rides, add a bunch of shops and food, and only 1 really good ride.

With as much as Disney's doing with Fantasyland, they probably could've done a great job. Because I'll just tell you right now that they certainly aren't being cheap on it. I'm also pretty sure that Avatarland will be out-standing too! Just because they screw up a little doesn't mean they won't do their best. You can't compare the pixar land to Fantasyland. Universal's Islands of Adventure is still screwed up. Everything's outdated. They took out half of a land that shouldn't even be considered a land anymore.. Jurrasic Park is probably the most outdated in the whole park. Seuss Landing is in bad shape. Everything's great in MARVEL Superhero Island but it's all old too. The best land at universal at the moment (Including Harry Potter) is Toon Lagoon. I love the 1 ride at Harry Potter's world but I think they should've had more attractions for this.. "Theme park within a theme park" :brick:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

bgraham34

I actually had a former bus driver tell me that he use to make things up because chances are most people would not be back.

midwest_mice

I think I had this same bus driver about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday trip back to the airport. He was a taller, black gentleman with a bald head. He was one of the best driver's I've had. Drivers like this deserve a nice tip for making the trip back not that sad.

captainkidd

Original Poster
I think I had this same bus driver about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday trip back to the airport. He was a taller, black gentleman with a bald head. He was one of the best driver's I've had. Drivers like this deserve a nice tip for making the trip back not that sad.

No, this was a short white man with a very quiet voice.

CoasterKing

I personally think Disney could've done a better job. The only thing Universal did was re-theme two rides, add a bunch of shops and food, and only 1 really good ride.

In all reality, that is all that Disney is doing as well. Re-themed Barnstormer, moved Dumbo (but did double capacity), added 1 new ride (LM) and food places and Belles Meet n Greet. The closing of Snow White Dark Ride will cancel the new Mine Car Ride, net (although the Mine Car Ride hopefully will be better).

Looking forward to it when it all opens!!:sohappy:

CoasterKing
:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom