What 1 thing would stop you from going back to Disney.

Tara Mae

I consider a thrill ride to be a rollercoaster.

Such as, RnRC, MS, SM.

I can see SM being much needed, but the rest...replace Horizons with MS, make me gag.

To me, thrill means something that families can't do together. That's anoter thing that would keep me from going. If they continue to put a downfall to this whole 'families can do it all' theme, goodbye to me.

Yes, it's appealing to teenagers, but that's all. What about young ones? Sure, they have Peter Pan, but they want more, too.

If they made a good balance, I'd be okay with it.

Don't flame me. We've been through this.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Tara Mae said:
I consider a thrill ride to be a rollercoaster.

Such as, RnRC, MS, SM.

I can see SM being much needed, but the rest...replace Horizons with MS, make me gag.

To me, thrill means something that families can't do together. That's anoter thing that would keep me from going. If they continue to put a downfall to this whole 'families can do it all' theme, goodbye to me.

Yes, it's appealing to teenagers, but that's all. What about young ones? Sure, they have Peter Pan, but they want more, too.

If they made a good balance, I'd be okay with it.

Don't flame me. We've been through this.

Uh, since when is Mission Space a rollercoaster?

Edit: And do not complain about Horizons being replaced. It was basically condemned and needed to be closed because the building wasn't structurally sound. It had a sinkhole open under it and threaten the building. Therefore, the building was closed and we got Mission: Space. It was either it close and we get an attraction or it close and they leave nothing in its place. I like the solution Disney went with.

crazygirley

Money can be saved.

I would save whatever money it would take me to get to WDW just to get to WDW. If that meant cutting out my bi-weekly Slurpee, not buying an impulse item every week, or eating white rice for every meal just to save money for Disney, I would do it gladly. I'm not to that point now, but if I had to, I would. Money would not be a factor for me.

I'm not bothered by dirty carpets, tossed garbage, or spills.

Life happens, and those are some of the things that go with it. Carpet gets dirty, garbage is tossed, things are spilled - I don't expect Disney to pull up carpet at the first sign of a stain (can you imagine what costs would be if they did?) I have personally seen many a Disney CM picking up tossed garbage throughout the day, and I can understand excess garbage around the park at the END of the day. The same thing goes for spills. I won't and don't let the dirty things that happen in life ruin my trip. I don't really even notice them. They surely wouldn't stop me from going to WDW.

I really don't think there is anything that would keep me from WDW.

castlecake2.0

I completely agree with Thrawn on the money vs. cleanliness issue. You cant have it both ways.

As for the original question, the one thing that would stop me from returning to WDW would be if they took the tarp down on the Dsiney MGM sign before its rehab was completed:lookaroun :p

wdwishes2005

Thrawn said:
Uh, since when is Mission Space a rollercoaster?

Edit: And do not complain about Horizons being replaced. It was basically condemned and needed to be closed because the building wasn't structurally sound. It had a sinkhole open under it and threaten the building. Therefore, the building was closed and we got Mission: Space. It was either it close and we get an attraction or it close and they leave nothing in its place. I like the solution Disney went with.

beat me to it, and BTW that was not a flame, just setting you straight. and a rollercoaster= thrill ride? laughable at best. explain to me why WDW should add another dumbo that bores the heck out of most ppl, and ignore thrill seekers, which ARE part of a family, out of my family only young children refuse ToT and RnRC, ect. why cant thrill seekers enjoy WDW also just because some ppl dont like them? just because they build a bunch of kiddie rides doesnt upset me, i just dont see your logic.

DisneyDefenders

If they ever shut down Walt Disney World Feature Animation and gutted the animator's workspace to allow guests to walk through an area where Disney magic was once created I would be very upset! :fork: Oh wait a sec, that already happened didn't it!?! :hammer:

In all seriousness...removal of my ride POC might keep me from visitng WDW and removal of certain attractions like Millionaire: Play It might keep me from visitng certain parks as often.

CTXRover

Epcot82Guy said:
Sorry for not replying sooner. I missed the post. Just to answer, the rides I think that have gone to the "cheap or trite" have been:

1. Tiki Room Under New Management
2. Stitch
3. Changing of the Akershus into a Princess Meal
4. The entirety of Main St. shops
5. JIYI and JIIwF
6. Imageworks
7. CTX's downgrade
8. To an extent Buzz Lightyear (although not NEARLY as much)

I think alot of mine are major concerns.
If the Seas comes out highly Nemo-ized
If SSE closes to become another thrill ride
If Brother Bear infiltrates Canada.

Yea, some of those changes are for the worse and there's a few more I could add to that list, but I still think what they've added or changed in that same span of time far outweighs a lot of those changes in your list. But everyone's opinions, likes and dislikes differ.

I would agree that the whole Figment change was for the worse. The ride is ok now, a decent Fantasyland style dark ride but its sad to think it replaced a much grander Haunted Mansion style dark ride. I would also agree that shopping in general is very generic, almost to the point of disappointing along Main Street and elsewhere on property. But it probably sells better to the masses which means more money which could potentially mean better upkeep and changes.

I would argue against the rest as being examples of strictly "cheap and trite" though. Although it seems that what you don't like is the "character invasion". That's entirely understandable, but I've liked most of those changes and I imagine most of the general public has as well. Buzz is a phenomenal success and a huge step above Dreamflight. Its one of the best dark rides of that league out there. I think the new Tiki room is actually more entertaining. Beyond the nostalgia and links to the past, I found the original Tiki room to be rather boring. I could have done without the Dinosaur tie-in with CTX as well, but the ride is still as great as ever and a name change and new entrance statue had no effect on the ride experience imo.

Hopefully the good will continue to outwiegh some of the bad changes. Although I guess we should hope that all the changes are for the better...that way the resort can continue to become that much better. :)

Alicnwondrln

there prices
tehy keep going up
tickets rooms everything
with winter coming people will have less disposable income
we save adb budget to go but if it keeps going up at this rate my husband will freak out

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Alicnwondrln said:
there prices
tehy keep going up
tickets rooms everything
with winter coming people will have less disposable income
we save adb budget to go but if it keeps going up at this rate my husband will freak out

Ticket prices are down. Room rates are up less than the industry average, and with the discounts that Disney offers, they are even lower.

Its fine if you don't think its in your budget, but over the cost of a vacation, the rates are up very little. Like I said previously in this thread, in a 7 day ticket, they are now $40 cheaper than the previous tickets.

diddy_mouse

I think my main problem is time. Its hard to take off work (which is where I get the money to visit WDW) and I want to make sure I have enough time to enjoy my trip. It wouldn't stop me entirely from visiting WDW, but would definitely potpone a trip for a while.

I'd like the luxury of living in Orlando but even then I'd think: "Hmm, hopefully I can renew my annual pass..."

but that's just my little opinion :D

Mr. Eggz

Thrawn said:
Edit: And do not complain about Horizons being replaced. It was basically condemned and needed to be closed because the building wasn't structurally sound. It had a sinkhole open under it and threaten the building. Therefore, the building was closed and we got Mission: Space. It was either it close and we get an attraction or it close and they leave nothing in its place.

That's just not true. Horizons was in no worse shape than any other epcot building. And if there were a sink hole, it would have ben uncovered during the original construction (like at TOT and the Mediteranian Resort). If it was a sinkhole that was not discovered until later, it would have just sucked up Horizons w/o warning. If TWDC has some new technology that discovers sinkholes that are about to implode, why would they build a $150M attraction on top of it?

But all this is besides the point. The point is the TWDC is replacing family attractions with attractions that are aimed at just one small group. The whole point of Disney parks was to have a place where adults and kids can have fun TOGETHER.

shmmrname

Easy Answer... Money, as in how much I have. And Time, as in how much I can take off, as I have a significant other that refuses to fly and we're in the Windy City.

Dragonrider1227

Mr. Eggz said:
That's just not true. Horizons was in no worse shape than any other epcot building. And if there were a sink hole, it would have ben uncovered during the original construction (like at TOT and the Mediteranian Resort). If it was a sinkhole that was not discovered until later, it would have just sucked up Horizons w/o warning. If TWDC has some new technology that discovers sinkholes that are about to implode, why would they build a $150M attraction on top of it?

But all this is besides the point. The point is the TWDC is replacing family attractions with attractions that are aimed at just one small group. The whole point of Disney parks was to have a place where adults and kids can have fun TOGETHER.
Hasn't anyone stopped to think that maybe this is what people want now? Anyway, wasn't Extraterrorestrial replaced with something more "family friendly?" As is the rest of the Magic Kingdom, aside from maybe Space Mountain. Honestly, the thrill rides don't bother me and people like them. When people ask for oranges, you don't go and give them apples.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Mr. Eggz said:

It IS TRUE. There was a sinkhole that formed under the building. They completely filled it with a huge base, which they needed to do to to anchor the centrifuges correctly.

The sinkhole was discovered during a routine survey of the attraction.

Just because you don't know the facts doesn't mean that what you believe is correct.

PBarton

It wouldn't stop me visiting, but I would hate it if Disney decided to return to the old system of purchasing ticket books to use on the attractions.

I am so used to the freedom of paying at the gate and enjoying any ride that I choose.

By the way, when the Magic Kingdom opened and the ticket book system was in operation, was park admission really cheap (say $5)?

MeTa

Dragonrider1227 said:
Hasn't anyone stopped to think that maybe this is what people want now? Anyway, wasn't Extraterrorestrial replaced with something more "family friendly?" As is the rest of the Magic Kingdom, aside from maybe Space Mountain. Honestly, the thrill rides don't bother me and people like them. When people ask for oranges, you don't go and give them apples.

I second this comment, I think Disney is doing a good job of creating new and preserving the old. I think as long as it is around there will still be a majority that loves the old stuff, and its always new to someone that hasn't been.

CAPTAIN HOOK

bgraham34 said:
what is the one thing that would prevent you from going back to Walt Disney World. Lets try to be serious.
Nothing at all to do with Disney - But the thing that stops me (and the family) from visiting WDW as often as we would like is the ridiculously high air fares that greedy airlines charge from the UK during school holiday periods :mad:

Dragonrider1227

MeTa said:
I second this comment, I think Disney is doing a good job of creating new and preserving the old. I think as long as it is around there will still be a majority that loves the old stuff, and its always new to someone that hasn't been.
Exactly! When they replace Peter Pan's flight with a thrill ride, then we can start complaining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom