What 1 thing would stop you from going back to Disney.

a2grafix

I would have to echo and say money as well. But I have not been to Disneyworld since August 1993 and Disneyland since June 199.9 I happen to be a traveling man, although I have relocated to my home location of the Midwest, I don't have a lot of money.

When I want to go or think abuot dreaming to go, finances get in the way and I can't go when I would like to. But now that I am better financially, I'm looking forward to 2006 as my first time in a long time at the parks.

I sort of envy a lot of you who live close to all the park, but hey, that's the way the cards are layed out. You live where you live and grow up where you grow up. You luck out sometimes. I happen to be close to the Rock and Roll Hall of Game and The Henry Ford. I've been to both places numerous times, and so have all of you at the parks, some more than others.

I am positive Disney will be around and all will be well. In time I will too get to re-experience the Disney magic, and hopefully in the months and years to come make it my goal to regularly visit the parks and playgrounds and resorts that is Disney.

Maybe soon I will have a job in Florida, then I can get a state discount, lol. Until then, I have my memories to last me for a little while longer.

CTXRover

STR8FAN2005 said:
He would say, "It makes sense." It is no longer one park like Disneyland orignally was. In Walt Disney World, there are 6 parks, dozens of hotels, etc. Not only is there an increase of area to be cleaned, but Americans have also gotten lazier and have a tendency to litter. Today's world is really different compared to the world Walt lived in.

The only thing that can stop me is death!

Very true. While perhaps the ball can be thrown completely in Disney's court and say they should up the ante to keep everything perfect, it has become increasingly harder to keep things clean. Not only is there 10X + more to take care of, but when Disneyland or even DisneyWorld opened, you most likely would never see parents laugh when their 6 year old sticks their gum to the wall of a queue. You would rarely see a grown man literally throw his ice cream wrapper on the ground because he couldn't take the extra 2 or 3 steps to the right and put it in a trash can. You would never see a Dad actually suggest to his son to go urinate in the drain on the floor because the toilets were all full and "he really had to go". (all of those, plus more, I've witnessed)

I'm always disgusted what people will just get and up and leave behind after a parade. For goodness sakes, put your trash in a trash can! I don't blame society and people's lack of caring completely for all of the cleanliness problems in the parks, but when you take into consideration how uncaring a lot of people have become, I'm amazed the parks continue to stay as clean and well-kept as they do. And for the most part, they're pretty clean.

CRO-Magnum

Honestly, and this is not for the feint of heart...

but a child abduction or molestation or worse. That would be the end because I would never be able to get it out of my head.

Lowering the quality of attractions further would be a distant second...

Boray

Thrawn said:
Per day, park admission is cheaper with MYW then it was previously. Just buy the tickets in bigger blocks, even if you only use 4 days at a time, buy them in 10 day increments.

that's what I did for my upcoming trip! Hopper and non-expiring. I got two trips with hopping and non expiring for less than the base ticket for 4 days.

I think the one thing that would compromise my desire to visit WDW would be if the parks would degrade in both appearance and innovative rides. If they became like Six Flags, I'd stop going.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Jorma said:
Well said. It is the initial outlay of cash that is the issue. I have relatives in Florida that my family and I visit usually once a year. During these visits we normally take two days to visit WDW. The 10 day ticket would be cheaper over a 5 year period, but coming up with the $1328.00 (family of 4) just for park tickets in any one visit is more than I can do.

Well you also have to look at it in the fact that the tickets you buy now will not be effected by price increases. So even if tickets go up to $75 per day, you already purchased them so you don't have to worry about it.

WhyteAL

Being from Miami and expeeriencing Andrew in 92 and currently katrina and the last four we got last year hurricanes just seem to be a fact of life to me. If you want to live somewhere sunny nice and warm with 24 hour access to the beach then I'll put up with the downside.

But I diegress

If I would start seeing more of the small amounts of niglect to the parks like the paint, bathroom, trash, etc. Then Disney would not be the world away from our current world and would just be another Universal were you just go to ride rides. Thats when there would be no magic in the MK. That would stop me from going. and taking both my daughters and nephews. :lookaroun

DisneyFreak529

I think that money is the only real reason to not go. Lets see, you get the hotel, even off site is a little $$. Then your passes are also a little $$. Day by Day doesn't work for us. I live in NY, the Day by Day expire so do some of the hoppers. We had to spend $20 extra dollars just to have our passes never expire. What is I get sick when I'm in Fl and I can't go one of the days, some of the passes are only good for 14 days. That's not good for me I only have 7-9days at the most before I have to go back to NY.

Then the food, every were you go is $$. I love Disney & we will keep going as long as we can afford to.

lebeau

There are a number of things that could - and do - keep me from going. But they have nothing to do with Disney.

A trip to WDW is very expensive. It would be impractical of me to lay out that kind of money for a vacation right now. When my financial situation is different, it will make a lot more sense to splurge on a big family vacation.

Also, we have an infant at home. She's too young to enjoy or remember WDW. The next time I invest in a vacation as expensive as WDW it will be when she's old enough to enjoy and remember the trip.

Is there something Disney could do to make me not want to go back? Outside of something really drastic, money is the only thing they have any influence over that keeps me from booking my return trip.

WhyteAL

lebeau said:
Also, we have an infant at home. She's too young to enjoy or remember WDW. The next time I invest in a vacation as expensive as WDW it will be when she's old enough to enjoy and remember the trip.

Yes going to a park with an infant will not be a memorible trip for either of you. Trust me I made the mistake when my youngest daughter was 1 and I should not have. :brick: {-----That is what I felt like doing at the time.....

bjlc57

Only money has stopped us..

But it has. We have not been able to return to Disney for two plus years. And we really wanted to. But the price of gas and the layout of money, $3500 for a family of 4 has been too much. Way too much. I was hoping that Disney would offer a deep discount due to the high gas prices and those of us NOT IN FLORIDA. but I haven't seen one yet. Too far and too much, in our money situation.

lebeau

WhyteAL said:
Yes going to a park with an infant will not be a memorible trip for either of you. Trust me I made the mistake when my youngest daughter was 1 and I should not have. :brick: {-----That is what I felt like doing at the time.....

I'm more than happy to trust you on that one ;)

I can't even imagine trying!

But I look forward to the day when she's old enough we can all enjoy it.

HunnyPot

To be honest, I don't think anything Disney would do would make me stop going. I think my reason would be because I was pregnant. I just don't think the parks would be that fun for me pregnant..I love to ride the E-rides! :) The way I figure it, prices are going to go up, rides will be changed, and so on...but for me, the magic will always be there.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Their current low-quality attractions and terrible CMs has already done it for me and I refuse to go back again....I'm taking my money to a good theme park destination.

CTXRover

NemoRocks said:
Their current low-quality attractions and terrible CMs has already done it for me and I refuse to go back again....I'm taking my money to a good theme park destination.

Weren't you just at WDW this past weekend? I've seen your photos over at mousetimes. Unless there are two different NemoRocks :lookaroun If they were yours, good photos btw :)

AMartin767

I agree that the continued deterioration of the parks quality, in both ride quality and upkeep, would evently drive my wife and I to give more weight to other vacation options. It is truly sad... heart wrenching to think about some of the changes that have already taken place and the great attractions lost. Many new things have been and are being added that help to off-set the losses but things don't feel the same these days at the parks. :confused:

Hopefully, we will see a Disney renaissance soon that will bring back the great WDW we all once new. I would like to see attractions that have been removed brought back with gusto as new updated versions. I would also like to see a re-focus on originality and imagination as a staple of all things Disney. Please Disney, don't turn into another Six Flags... or IOA. Find your roots and come back from your digression.

Blackie Pueblo

I think the biggest problem we've seen here is money!! I'm a huge Disney fan and my wife and I have SEASON passes, we can't afford the Annual. But even with passes we can't afford to go as often as I'd like, what with the gas, adn the price of parking, and the price of eating, and the price of staying in even the cheapest hotel rooms.

Disney once said he wanted his parks to be a place families could visit frequently. I honestly don't understand how a family of four can afford it! It's ridiculous! And I can't stand when people say, well Disney isn't that much more expensive than Universal, or Bush Gardens. Is that how you want to compare the most amazing place ever? Well if second rate parks like Busch and Universal do it, then it's ok? That kind of attitude breaks my heart.

:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom