West Side Parking Garage construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, June 2.

The lighted intersection at the West Side Garage exit and Buena Visa Drive was open for left turns from Buena Visa into the garage as well as left turns out of the garage onto Buena Visa as of Sunday, May 31. The center section of Buena Visa Drive at the intersection has been completed to permit the lighted intersection to function as previously.

IMG_5533.JPG

As reported previously, the level 2 & 3 exit ramp from West Side garage onto Buena Visa Drive westbound is open. The merge lane is rather short, until Buena Vista roadwork is complete. Here are a few photos thru the exit ramp.

The upper ramp will direct inbound traffic to the West Side garage from the I-4 exit. The lower ramp is the garage exit ramp onto westbound Buena Vista Drive.

IMG_5529.JPG

A telephoto view of the West Side garage exit ramp onto Buena Vista Drive. The curved ramp on the right (compacted dirt inside) will be at the upper level when completed.

IMG_5530.JPG

Inside the West Side garage exit ramp towards Buena Vista Drive westbound.

IMG_5548.JPG

Final section of the garage exit onto Buena Vista Drive, before the merge. The merged lane becomes the right turn lane at the next intersection, which leads to the far west surface parking lot behind Cirque du Soleil. This photo is under the "overpass" of the I-4/West Side garage elevated intersection.

IMG_5549.JPG

Additional photos. Here is the entrance ramp to the West Side garage at the 3rd level of the garage. In the distance is the elevated intersection from the I-4 exit road to the garage.

IMG_5531.JPG

Finally, here is the entrance ramp to the West Side garage 3rd level, with the Buena Vista Drive overpass in the background (the red safety barricades can be seen just above the concrete of the ramp). In the foreground, on the upper level ramp, the available parking spaces signboard is already installed (see orange vertical stripe). Unfortunately, in this view, the construction crane in the background appears to be part of the signboard. The lower level is the exit ramp to Buena Vista Drive westbound.

IMG_5526.JPG

G00fyDad

I think that there is only two garages slated to open.

I have a question I have not seen answered yet. Will you still be able to cross the street at the garage street level or is Disney making people go up a level and then back down a level to cross the street?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think that there is only two garages slated to open.

I have a question I have not seen answered yet. Will you still be able to cross the street at the garage street level or is Disney making people go up a level and then back down a level to cross the street?
All access is via level 2. Level 1 will be cast parking. The entrances to the garage will put guests on levels 2 - 5.

G00fyDad

All access is via level 2. Level 1 will be cast parking. The entrances to the garage will put guests on levels 2 - 5.

Thank you. That makes sense. I originally thought the entire reason for building that walk away was to prevent the average guest from just walking across the street. I've almost hit several people driving in front of Downtown Disney when somebody just steps out of the parking lot right across my path outside of a crosswalk.

mm121

not sure i believe that level 1 will be cast parking, isn't most cast parking across the street, which is the purpose of the elevated crosswalk.

flyerjab

I listen to Pete Werner's dis unplugged podcasts. He has routinely crushed WDW for how long it took to open this first garage. The interesting thing to me is that this seems to be so much more than just a parking garage. All of the associated road work and expansion, plus the multiple ramps and big entranceway, landscaping and facade work. This really is a big project in and of itself.

Is the second parking garage going to be this complex?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I listen to Pete Werner's dis unplugged podcasts. He has routinely crushed WDW for how long it took to open this first garage. The interesting thing to me is that this seems to be so much more than just a parking garage. All of the associated road work and expansion, plus the multiple ramps and big entranceway, landscaping and facade work. This really is a big project in and of itself.

Is the second parking garage going to be this complex?

I don't think there is anything in the first garage that would be left out of the second. The only difference is that the second one is smaller.

G00fyDad

I don't think there is anything in the first garage that would be left out of the second. The only difference is that the second one is smaller.

But I don't think that the second garage will connect to I-4 or have a direct run off street exit to the road as the Orange garage has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom